TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

It sounds like both of you are not getting the conversation triggered. It shouldn't matter for this conversation, but are you playing the updated version 1.1? You might try restarting the mission, or reloading an earlier save. If you approach the bar from the front, the conversation should start. If you have tried all this already, you can send me a saved game so I can maybe see what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It sounds like both of you are not getting the conversation triggered. It shouldn't matter for this conversation, but are you playing the updated version 1.1? You might try restarting the mission, or reloading an earlier save. If you approach the bar from the front, the conversation should start. If you have tried all this already, you can send me a saved game so I can maybe see what is happening.
    Yes i'm playing version 1.1 and already restarted the mission,didn't work.but how do i send you a saved game?from the folder?

Yes, from the folder. The simplest method is to just do a quick save before going into the tavern for the first time. Then, it depends upon what mission loader you are using. If you are using FM Sel or New Darkloader (I think), you should find a folder inside your Thief folder called "FMs". In that FMs folder there will be a subfolder with the name TDP20AC_TheScarletCascabel. Inside that folder will be a SAVES folder. In that SAVES folder will be a file called quick.sav. Just email me that file. You can find my email address in my profile.

If you are using the old Darkloader, then the SAVES folder will just be in your Thief folder.

Just starting mission one.
    I can't find a tunnelkey in the box under the desk and also no button.
    Playing on expert.
    Help please.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Hey, Gloria

Hope we're answering your questions here, but the tunnel key is in the box on top of her desk, and the lever to open tunnel is under the desk, but only becomes frobbably after the conversation with Wend in her office is completed.

I'm not sure if something is broken but I went to the tavern and the lady behind the counter started a conversation. I suppose that is Wendolyn. A new objective appeared but the first objective to talk to Wendolyn didn't check off.

Edit: After I followed her to her office and heard the second conversation both objectives checked off, so I think things are good now.
    Last edited by john9818a; 20th Dec 2018 at 17:49.

Nope, nothing is broken. The objective is to find out what she knows, and she hasn't really told you anything yet. Drop your gear in your room and meet her in the basement office. That objective will check off after the second conversation.

@ Pukey: Frobbably? : )

Thanks Pukey Brunster, I was at the wrong place. Somehow that door didn't open for me before.

I found the secret book in the safe of Lash, but I can't pick it up, so can't bring it to the tavern.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

That's not the right book, Gloria, but it tells you where the right book is. If you need a better hint, just ask.

Thanks Mike! I noticed that I edited my post 1 minute after you posted.

I also have found a couple of items that are frobbable but not readable, and probably need some other object used on them later in the mission... a book and a scroll.

Actually those are a mistake, and you can ignore them.

ok thanks Mike!

I have two more questions. Can you please tell me where the hotel is?

There is a secret door in the book store but I couldn't figure out how to open it. Can I please get a hint?

i put my equipement in my room and now i should meet Wendolyn in her office, but she is still standing behind the bar

Yes, from the folder. The simplest method is to just do a quick save before going into the tavern for the first time. Then, it depends upon what mission loader you are using. If you are using FM Sel or New Darkloader (I think), you should find a folder inside your Thief folder called "FMs". In that FMs folder there will be a subfolder with the name TDP20AC_TheScarletCascabel. Inside that folder will be a SAVES folder. In that SAVES folder will be a file called quick.sav. Just email me that file. You can find my email address in my profile.

If you are using the old Darkloader, then the SAVES folder will just be in your Thief folder.
    thanks Tannar,i'll give it a try... and yes i'm using new darkloader and also thief gold with new dark.don't know if that matters?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I have two more questions. Can you please tell me where the hotel is?

There is a secret door in the book store but I couldn't figure out how to open it. Can I please get a hint?
    The hotel is outside of town and you won't actually reach it in this mission. When all your objectives are complete, head east, up the sloping path behind the cemetery and once over the bridge, hang a left. The mission should end when you approach the wooden gate. You'll start mission 2 outside the hotel.

For the bookstore, go into the basement of the potion shop and look for a lever on the side of the sink cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i put my equipement in my room and now i should meet Wendolyn in her office, but she is still standing behind the bar
    I can't think of why she would still be behind the bar. That has never happened to anyone before, nor during testing. Did you drop your gear on your bed and did it become unfrobbable? If so, then the basement office door should be open and Wendolyn should be in the basement office. If not, try it again if you have a saved game. If that doesn't work, send me a saved game so I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    thanks Tannar,i'll give it a try... and yes i'm using new darkloader and also thief gold with new dark.don't know if that matters?
    No, that doesn't matter, that's what you should be using.

oohh i put the equipement on the bed and everything is ok

but where can i find the infoa about lash?

Ok thanks Mike. I apparently went up a hill and around a house, then I came back down another slope to get to the sloping path.

That was a very amazing mission and I'm even more impressed with the second mission architecture and decor.

In the second mission I had a little trouble black jacking the sleeping AI in the single bunks, but once they stood up I could black jack them with no problem.

The hotel is outside of town and you won't actually reach it in this mission. When all your objectives are complete, head east, up the sloping path behind the cemetery and once over the bridge, hang a left. The mission should end when you approach the wooden gate. You'll start mission 2 outside the hotel.

For the bookstore, go into the basement of the potion shop and look for a lever on the side of the sink cabinet.

I can't think of why she would still be behind the bar. That has never happened to anyone before, nor during testing. Did you drop your gear on your bed and did it become unfrobbable? If so, then the basement office door should be open and Wendolyn should be in the basement office. If not, try it again if you have a saved game. If that doesn't work, send me a saved game so I can take a look.

No, that doesn't matter, that's what you should be using.
    Tannar, you've got mail

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    oohh i put the equipement on the bed and everything is ok

but where can i find the infoa about lash?
    You should have a key to his cellar. Go to his house and search his office for a safe. In there you will find a key to his safety deposit box and some info that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Tannar, you've got mail
    You do now too.

now i'm in the second mission and there are a lot of questions

how can i get to the upper floors?

what's it all about the chess ? how does this work?

grest design of the hotel

Look around the great hall, which is the large room to the west of the front desk. More specific hint: check the balcony overhanging that room for an object that will unlock the double doors downstairs.

As for the chess set, there are 16 chess pieces hidden around the hotel that open a secret area.

Hope that helps

Nightingale isn't at room 10 or any information ?????? and now?
    Last edited by Tannar; 22nd Dec 2018 at 14:08. Reason: Added spoiler cover

Hmm.. well, he certainly should be in room 10. Either way, the information you need to read is in room #10. You just need to look up high a bit in there. Outright spoiler: His journal on top of the armoire.

Please make sure to add spoilers, please, for other players (room 10 is something discovered by reading the front desk registry.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast