TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

What a delight, that second mission was! Really felt like Rowena's Curse with it's beautiful, but oppressive atmosphere.

I loved how 3-d all the spaces were---tall ceilings, and lots of inter-floor connectivity. Beautifully done!

I'm still missing a couple thousand loot, so I have plenty to look forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I believe that's a matter of positioning your view. In other words when dropping the items into fountain, look a little higher. This way dropped items will make noise, but this should work. At least it worked for me.
    I found this a little confusing because I was dropping items on the second level, and two items became unfrobbable when they landed on the square texture in the water. Later I realized I needed to drop them on the third level.

There is a hole the player can drop down via rope arrow near Elizabeth's bones, but every time I shot a rope arrow into the beam I would die instantly as soon as I touched the rope. I solved this by standing on the beam and I shot a rope arrow into the floor.

I somehow survived a fall into the deep ravine outside the hotel.

I just finished with and 2/3 of max loot. Now I need to go back and solve some puzzles.

This was a truly amazing mission!!

Master Builder 2018
    Ah, that makes sense why you were having trouble with dropping items in the fountain, but glad you figured it out.

As for the hole in ceiling above the bones, did you notice that there were tunnels you could instead go through on either side above the beams? They aren't brightly lit, but those are the way to get out of that spot without taking damage.

Wow, you survived a fall into the canyon! That's something.. hope you didn't save down there though. That drop should typically kill any player.

Glad you had fun, and please let us know if you have any more questions

Well I'm not sure about the tunnels but I was on the beam barely exposed in the floor just above the ground floor. On normal I probably would have survived a jump without a rope arrow but on expert Garret is made of glass.

It must have been a fluke because I tried jumping down into the ravine again and died.

Master Builder 2018
    Okay, you're in another spot than I was thinking. For an alternate route to the lower area (and others) take a closer look at the fireplaces.

I'm now stuck on mission two. I have the grease jar and when I used on the double doors I hear them unlock and then the game freezes. It was a good mission so far though.

Master Builder 2018
    That's happening because you aren't playing the updated version. There was a mission breaking bug that sometimes happened in the original version. Just download the update and it should work fine. You can just skip mission 1 using CTR+ALT+SHFT+END.

Master Builder 2018
    Or, to keep your loot from mission 1, unzip the new version file from the link above and grab miss21.mis and hot.gam and use those to overwrite the old files. Then, restart mission 2 (unfortunately has to start again, but at least the bug is close to the beginning of that game).

Please let us know if you need help finding the files that need to be overwritten. Depends on what loader you are using - NewDarkloader/FMsel or OldDarkloader.

A stupendously good mission so far, atmospheric, great readables, superb textures and thankfully your not forced to ghost mission 2 on expert as KO's are allowed. I have only just got into the proprietors office so I expect there is a lot more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    We are planning to release an updated version after the contest with all these little things fixed.
    More rope arrows on expert please, I've only found one so far and if I hadn't bought a second one in the load out I would be struggling getting to all the chess pieces

Tannar and pukey brunster that worked! \o/

Mind blowing so far. I have a few questions about mission 2.

In the fireplace in room 15, there's a ladder that goes up somewhere, but it's too high to reach. I shot a rope arrow into a wooden beam way up, but the rope doesn't reach down enough, and I can't find any crates to stand on.

I also found a few Keeper locks, but no keys, and a few statues with enigmatic quotes on them (I'm 99% they're concealing something), but can't figure out how to solve the puzzle

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    More rope arrows on expert please
    You can find two more on expert in the attic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Mind blowing so far. I have a few questions about mission 2.

In the fireplace in room 15, there's a ladder that goes up somewhere, but it's too high to reach. I shot a rope arrow into a wooden beam way up, but the rope doesn't reach down enough, and I can't find any crates to stand on.

I also found a few Keeper locks, but no keys, and a few statues with enigmatic quotes on them (I'm 99% they're concealing something), but can't figure out how to solve the puzzle
    That rope in the chimney should extend down from the beam long enough to reach. Maybe try reloading a save from before that and trying again, or repositioning the rope or yourself. Can't imagine why that rope wouldn't work, never saw that happen. The keeper locks and statues will make more sense once you get into the proprietor's office.

Stupid question:

Since I have limited resources in terms of video hardware, is it possible to set the "ground fog" off in the first mission? It lags so much that I cannot even play the game.

I have
    Intel Core i5-3550 @ 3,30 GHz with onboard video, and 8GB RAM. Even Godbreaker mission two didn't lag on this machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Master Builder 2018
    Interesting, we haven't had any lag before. You probably tried this, but just in case check that you have the most recent version of the mission, and try reinstalling. If that doesn't work, we can send you a mission file without the fog, which would hopefully fix the lag, but it may be another issue causing it. Unfortunately, this isn't global fog, so it can't be turned off.

You can get serious lag in some of the foggier areas, it was particularly noticeable on the ledge above the ravine where the gas arrow is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That rope in the chimney should extend down from the beam long enough to reach. Maybe try reloading a save from before that and trying again, or repositioning the rope or yourself. Can't imagine why that rope wouldn't work, never saw that happen. The keeper locks and statues will make more sense once you get into the proprietor's office.
    Thanks. I was able to find the Keeper keys and make my way into the sealed section, but now I don't know what to do. I'm trapped in a section with 2 floors, at the bottom there's a cauldron with spinning swords, and the ghost (who can't be killed) is roaming around. I tried dropping the 4 items into the cauldron, but nothing happens. There's also a locked door upstairs, but I can't find a key anywhere

Please help - I'm stuck in mission 2 - winter wing

I'm in the tower, got Elisabeth's bedroom key and went ahead into the adjacent round room, a window opened, Elisabeth said "here, I'm in here". I went through that "portal". In the next room, she talked to me. After she stopped, I' can't leave this room, the bones high up do not frob, no new objectives either, all windows are closed. What am I to do here in order to exit?

Thanks in advance for any help here!

Just finished this amazing mission, it's got classic stamped all over it so congratulations and thank you to both of you for giving us this superlative treat of a mission.

A couple of questions
    1. What's with the 3 Pieces of Stone puzzle? You get to read a plaque once the puzzle is solved but does solving the puzzle trigger anything else in the mission.
    2. What's with Mr Jim Jim? I found him and placed him on Sally Sue's bed as one of the posters promised a reward, but I didn't find Sally Sue's locker, there's nothing in her footlocker so what does returning Mr Jim Jim to Sally Sue actually achieve?

@ Urumo

Destroy the spinning silver plate in the blue well with The Blackwell Sword then after the next cut-scene head down through the well.

Master Builder 2018
    @fortuni - thanks for the heads up on the lag, we'll look into that for the fix to be released in spring

@Azaran - trying to figure out how far you have gotten. Did you make it up to the tower room housing Elizabeth's spirit? She will give you new objectives that tell you what to do. In the hallways of that area (2nd floor) look for a pickable locked door that leads to the tower rooms.

@Uromo - after Elizabeth's spirit speaks to you inside that room, she tells you to 'shatter the dark reflection'. Outright spoiler: use the Blackwell Sword to smash the mirror in the center of the room.

fortuni:

thank you very much! I didn't understand clearly what she said, but now I understand.

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks Fortuni! Glad you liked it!

1. The stone tablet pieces in the fountain is more for flavor. That guy Nightingale was mistaken to think that it would lead him to the prize, and there is a voice line that Garrett says after reading the tablet.. but sometimes it doesn't play the voice line, errgh, lol.

2. As for Dear Mister Jim Jim, ha ha.. love that you figured out one of the two ways to dispose of him. The 'prize' is her hunk of cheese that is locked in the chest beside her bunk. Just for fun, the other way to dispose of him is alluded to in some of the staff's readables

If I wanted a lump of mouldy cheese I would go shopping in Walmart!

I can guess the other solution to Jim Jim........

Master Builder 2018
    If I wanted a lump of mouldy cheese I would go shopping in Walmart!

LMAO!!

Where can I find the stone tablet 1/3?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast