TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Okay, you're in another spot than I was thinking. For an alternate route to the lower area (and others) take a closer look at the fireplaces.
    My post never got posted to this thread. But I finished IIRC with still a large amount of loot to find. This was a truly amazing mission.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I'll leave it to Tannar to give precise locations, but these hints should help.

Knight 1 Proprietors rooms
    Knight 2 Room 14
    Bishop 2 You know about this one flower!

The other 3 hints once you have found the above.
    Thanks. I only have 2 left, Queen and Bishop 1

Master Builder 2018
    Hmm.. deciding whether or not to give it away..

Master Builder 2018
    Nope

Well, spectacular was an understatement

I love how craftily those pieces were hidden, I would have never thought to look in certain areas, especially one of those last 2 I was looking for. The other one was too obvious, I should have thought to look in that place *facepalm

Master Builder 2018
    The best place to hide something is in plain sight, as they say.

Thanks so much for playing Azaran, and hope the optional chess piece quest gave you a grin

What a great FM campaign! Finished them playing hard with 3348/4120 and 5172/6572.

"Meeting at the Salty Strumpet":
    Couldn't get into the house of Lash first, but then knocked loudly at his door until he came out, then knocked HIM asleep and took his key.

"The Scarlet Cascabel"
    Had a bad framerate in the building until I opened my graphics program and converted some big textures into small PCX ones. That alleviated the effects noticeable, except some other textures flickering or showing different patterns when I turned.
    Nice and cosy hotel except the rooms 1 and 13. First I thought all that was creepy enough until I entered the abandoned part of the building with its obscure atmosphere.
    Couldn't figure out how to get rid of that invisible ghost in there but I made savegame(s) whenever I was safe so it never was a serious problem. To defend against the red floating ghost just use some flash grenades, that works fine.

Again an outstanding FM series which proves that a contest can produce excellent FMs as long as the authors have enough time for the development.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

The 2nd mission is really very good. I finished and found all the chess pieces that a challenge as a bonus.

Help please,i still need 1 pawn the fifth from the left, the left knight (i read it's in room 14?) but couldn't find it.
    and the right bishop..al in the perspective when your're sitting behind them...
    and does anyone know what to do whith the big stone ''door'' under the main staircase?the one with the strange signs on it.
    Last edited by griswold; 29th Dec 2018 at 21:23.

I'm afraid, Griswold, that I can't remember where I found those pieces.

On Expert, I only need the Queen and Pawn 5. I've spent a long time looking. Can anyone help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm afraid, Griswold, that I can't remember where I found those pieces.

On Expert, I only need the Queen and Pawn 5. I've spent a long time looking. Can anyone help please?
    i found the queen in the ballroom,on top of chandelier that's still hanging

Master Builder 2018
    Marbrien and griswold, check your PM's : )

zappen - that is a novel way to get inside Lash's house! LOL. Very good use of taffing skills! I am curious, though.. did Wend give you a key to his cellar after your conversation with her in the basement office?

I almost wouldn't believe this mission is all stock-derived if I didn't know it already. I've only got another 4 or 5 missions to play, but this one has impressed me the most so far. It's solid in both concept and execution, and the atmosphere is top notch. The second mission feels like the Overlook Manse from TDS if the creepiness had been doubled down. In some ways, it kind of feels more like a T2 FM, perhaps because of how technically accomplished it is. That, and it reminds me of Rose Cottage with more AI. I didn't find it too difficult or too easy, and the only time I was really stumped was when I couldn't open the door in the second mission because I picked up the can of grease and promptly forgot I had it. I spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out how to rope up to the library (and almost made it too!) before I realized what I was supposed to be doing. Also, I discovered that it's fairly easy to go out of bounds on the second level by doing some acrobatics with the balcony and perimeter walls. Just a heads up if you didn't know already.

WOW!!! What an awesome mini-campaign. The atmosphere, the story, the thrills, architecture, everything was spot on. I'm still hearing footsteps... Loved exploring everywhere, discovering hidden areas, etc. 10 out of 10!

yess finished,what a great mission with a bit of a surprise if you do the chess thingy,feels like i know you guys a little bit better now.
    this one is a true tribute to the 20th thief anniversary well done.
    this by far a 10 out of 10
    keep it going

Last chess piece

I have 15 chess pieces .The last that I needed is Bishop 1 , where can I find this piece ?

Thank´s

Carlos - Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    I have 15 chess pieces .The last that I needed is Bishop 1 , where can I find this piece ?

Thank´s

Carlos - Brazil
    Chapel, belltower

May I please have a small hint (not outright spoiler) for Pawn #7?

Thanks for a wonderfully made & thoroughly enjoyable mission pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    May I please have a small hint (not outright spoiler) for Pawn #7?

Thanks for a wonderfully made & thoroughly enjoyable mission pack!
    Go for a walk outside

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Go for a walk outside
    Thanks, I had walked right over it a few times in my searching, it just blends in so well. So I'm now a Tenacious Taffer and that basketball court and scroll really further express the spirit of the contest. Captain's log 2467 indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    did Wend give you a key to his cellar after your conversation with her in the basement office?
    If I remember right she did, but that was later, in the basement.

Did anyone else have these performance probs with this FM or am I the only one?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Just about to finish mission 1.
    The eerie foggy forrest had an amazing athmosphere!

A few things and questions, though:

In the banks safety deposit #2 there is a copy of Wendolyns diary. The same text as in her office. I assume a text-file had been mixed up?

I found some underwater cave... and for some reason I believe it is hiding a secret behind an artificial stone.
    Any hint on how to solve that mystery, please?

And in the tavern there is a room with a sleeping servant. But no key to be found to open his footlocker, which can not be picked.

@ gnartsch

Underwater cave, use one of your arrows.

The footlocker contains a copper stack and is unlocked on normal and hard, but the key is missing on expert.

Thanks!

Played mission 2 during the last 2 day.
    Man... this must be the best Resort ever constructed in any Thief mission!
    I totally enjoyed finding my way into this large Resort. Very good use of architecture and little variations in room design!

I will admit that the winter wing was a bit too much for me considering I was 6 huors into the mission before even getting there.
    Would have prefered to see that in a separate mission, to be honest.

Found all secrets (according to the game) but would love to complete the chess puzzle as well.
    A vague hint on Pawn 5, please?

Master Builder 2018
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Hint: For pawn5 check the kitchen.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast