TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

Thanks, Tannar!

Overall finding most of those pieces was not overly difficult, once you know what to look out for - and what kind of places are likely to have one of them.
    Not sure when exactly I had found the first one, but had to revisit quite a few places to make sure I had not missed one.
    Still, finding all of them is still a real challenge.
    Very enjoyable!
    Nice reading in the end.

One potential lootbug:
    I ended up 25 short of the total loot. It looks like one purse is placed out of the world
    and presumably should have been found in the Observatory.
    The ID is : 2326

Oh, and some loot did not show any icon in my inventory.
    Just showing some DromEd default-icon like ' [0] ' :
    all 4 paintings, and a secret item found at the exit of the winter-wing
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th Jan 2019 at 04:48.

I have one more objective left on mission two and I'm not sure where to go to steal the Quinicine Torc?. A lot of creativity went into these two missions and they are fantastic. I like the setting, exploration, the attention to detail, and the story is great including the side quests. I had a good chuckle hearing "whoa, whoa" after retrieving one of the chess pieces. I haven't found what the lever does in the dumbwaiter. I hear a door open/close but have no idea where it is.

Just started playing this one and I already had to come in here and say how absolutely incredible it is. The atmosphere in the forest? *kisses fingers like Italian chef stereotype*

I love the dynamic between Garrett and Wendolyne-- she's a great new character! Thought the voice acting in her first scene was so good I had to check the readme to see who did it and HEY, it was the co-author PukeyBrunster! Great job. I've only played 30 minutes but this mission is so, so good.
    Last edited by The Mike; 7th Jan 2019 at 23:22.

I have every goal but I am missing a few chess pieces. I've only found two knights, a rook and two pawns. Do I need to find all of the pieces? I might need a loot list for this one.

Wau! This is an awesome mission! Congratulations!

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    One potential loot bug... one purse is placed out of the world ... and some loot did not show any icon in my inventory.
    Thanks for the heads up about the purse. We knew about the inventory image missing already and thought we'd fixed it but clearly not. Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Devorgilla View Post
    I have one more objective left on mission two and I'm not sure where to go to steal the Quinicine Torc?. I haven't found what the lever does in the dumbwaiter. I hear a door open/close but have no idea where it is.
    For the Quinicine Torc, have you been to the sealed wing and spoken with Elizabeth yet? If not, you need to do that first. If so, then she told you to go somewhere to drop the items you're carrying. After completing that goal you will be shown the torc. Let me know if that helps. For the dumbwaiter, you might be standing on the door and keeping it from opening. If so, try leaning in to frob the lever. Glad you're enjoying the mission!

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I have every goal but I am missing a few chess pieces. I've only found two knights, a rook and two pawns. Do I need to find all of the pieces? I might need a loot list for this one.
    This is an optional side quest just for fun. You don't need to find any of them to complete the mission, but if you want to do this side quest then yes, you need to find them all to get your reward. Many of the locations are already given in this thread if you just search a bit here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
    Wau! This is an awesome mission! Congratulations!
    Thanks, glad you liked it!

This felt like a grand adventure, an absolute masterpiece! The part at the end was one of the scariest sequences in all of Thief.

Finished Meeting at the Salty Strumpet in 1 hour with 2181 of 4120 total loot and the The Scarlett Cascabel in 3 hours with 4442 of 6372 total loot. I needed a hint once in the second mission: I had retrieved the can of grease and tried it on a couple of doors on the first floor, but for some reason not on the one sliding door it is meant for. Doh!

It took me all week to beat this, and I'm STILL sad it's over. Tremendous mission-- maybe the best ever made for Thief: The Dark Project. It's AT LEAST the best mansion raid.

Notes from my time playing:

-Room 13 was horrifying. Seriously. I was not prepared for the level of spook. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I played that sequence twice (wanted to see if the footsteps were actually connected to an AI that could attack you. The first time through I heard them start and just hustled my way through unlocking the bedroom door).
    -The forest at the start of Mission 1 is one of the greatest outdoor environments I've seen in Thief Gold. It's just so moody-- especially around the house of the miller.
    -I lost count of how many times I said "SHIT this is beautiful," out loud, but it was probably the loudest when I got my first view of the hotel in Mission 2.
    -I rarely call this out in FM's, but the voice acting was exceptionally good.
    -Story to file under "this could only happen to me": While exploring the top levels of the Inn, I kept failing the no alarms objective out of the blue with no warning. Distantly, I could hear guards shouting about how they found a body. Odd, I thought, being as I had been ghosting the mission. It turns out the dingus in room 14 wandered into his fireplace and self-immolated which made all the AI's in the area freak out.
    -My only nitpick, somewhat related to the previous story: I hate no alarm objectives. In my opinion, the added tension is never worth the potential hassle they can cause.
    -I suck at collecting chess pieces.

I have to replay this one again. Thief Gold now has it's "Ominous Bequest."

Master Builder 2018
    Wow, thanks! I mean like.. huge THANKS lol.. and I agree about the alarms. Live and learn, yeah? But I am so glad you had fun.. really wish, though, that you had the chess piece quest ; )

Master Builder 2018
    Dang, The Mike, thanks for the comments and the kind words. Very glad that you enjoyed the mission so much! Especially glad you appreciated Room 13, lol.

I need a bit of help guys... I completed mission 1 with I think 32xx loot and started the second mission... Got chrashes when using grese on the door, came here and found out there is a new version of the mission. I downloaded that, mde backups of my savegames (or so I thought), uninstlled the mission nd installed the new version... Thing is, apparently in my haste and tired mind I only ever made an empty folder for the save backups, but never actually backed up the files (I know.... fail...).
    Now, I can just end the first mission using the ctrl+alt+shift+end command, and I'll be perfectly fine with just starting over in the second mission, however, that'll only give me 500 gold to spend in the shop before the mission....
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to provide myself w. some more gold, or if all of the extra equipment is even needed in the mission? (it didn't immediatly seem like I would have any use for it, I think I only encountered a single guard before getting the crash)

Master Builder 2018
    I sent you a PM with a fix for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I sent you a PM with a fix for you.
    Replied (maybe twice ) - Many thanks!

Finished 1st mission :) I was expecting a little introduction to - as I presume - main mission #2, but actually it is 'full metal jacket' mission :D Very well designed with superb feeling. Only one objective at the beginning evolved into quite a nice adventure that met me :D

Found 4095/4120, zero blackjacks, 3 spiders killed ;P Cheatty stats says 2h 27min, but took me 3h 18min, because of traffic on streets ;) For 3/4 of the time didn't realize some guards and civilians on street are friendly :D

I almost lost my 'Sack of Gear' in ancient grave/catacomb :D At first I was use it as a weight, because didn't see a rock at the end of the corridor ;D When I was find 2 fire arrows in my inventory, used them on ground-torches, but... like nothing happened (?) I was expecting some spectacular fourth gem appearing or something... (?) :/ I heard standard "red-button-click" when Fire Arrows touched the targets. Is it really nothing more but the light in the tomb? ;) When I was on the other side back again, I realized I forgot my "Sack of Gear"... :DD

As one coin in "Shadow Play", this time probably single vase or goblet is my challenge ;D Of course don't tell me WHAT that is ;) All I need is what GGG-ingredients I missed? Could You tell me? All I found is: Gold: 2895, Gems: 495, Goods: 705
    Last edited by Mat99; 16th Jan 2019 at 08:11. Reason: typo

Mission 1
    spoiler:
    safe deposit box...where?

Master Builder 2018
    Hi Sly! The safety deposit box is in the building just north of the fountain. That is, assuming you already have the key to open it that you got from Lash's house.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    I almost lost my 'Sack of Gear' in ancient grave/catacomb At first I was use it as a weight, because didn't see a rock at the end of the corridor ;D When I was find 2 fire arrows in my inventory, used them on ground-torches, but... like nothing happened (?) I was expecting some spectacular fourth gem appearing or something... (?) :/ I heard standard "red-button-click" when Fire Arrows touched the targets. Is it really nothing more but the light in the tomb? When I was on the other side back again, I realized I forgot my "Sack of Gear"... D

As one coin in "Shadow Play", this time probably single vase or goblet is my challenge ;D Of course don't tell me WHAT that is All I need is what GGG-ingredients I missed? Could You tell me? All I found is: Gold: 2895, Gems: 495, Goods: 705
    Very glad you enjoyed the mission! Also glad that you mentioned the "sack of gear" in the temple. That's something we never considered, but will give it some thought for the revision that will be released later. Regarding the "ground-torches" in the temple, yes, all they do is give light. They were intended to open another passage, but there wasn't time to finish that building before the contest deadline, so for now they just give light. That may change in the revision, though.

Not sure what you are missing in loot, but there is one coin stack that cannot be obtained if you're playing on Expert. It is in a locked footlocker in the tavern. That footlocker is not locked on lower difficulty levels. There are some nuggets near the waterfall that can be easy to miss.

Thanks pb. I thought I'd been in every building. Must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Mission 1
    spoiler:
    safe deposit box...where?
    Small hint: Search the northern end of the small town
    Big Hint: Its in the Witherington, Bledsoe and Cole bank building to the north, next to the fountain, butchers and de Perrin bookshop

Quote Originally Posted by Devorgilla View Post
    I haven't found what the lever does in the dumbwaiter. I hear a door open/close but have no idea where it is.
    Me too. Any hints?

Master Builder 2018
    I answered that question in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Very glad you enjoyed the mission!
    Very glad You guys made it ;)

Not sure what you are missing in loot [...] if you're playing on Expert. It is in a locked footlocker in the tavern.
    Ahh it must be it, if it's worth is 25? ;) I never found the key, and during the game for some reason I was always thought the box contains some equipment like Flash Bomb or Healing Potion! Probably some fake-brain-shortcut after reading one of readables nearby? Never mind ;) My brain tricked me or I was suggested something else :)

There are some [...] loot spoil cut [...]
    I found them at the very beginning :) Actually before cross both wooden bridges I have round 555 of loot in my pocket, so all "south" loot just before I got the "proper city" was found, assuming that the final 25 is in the box mentioned above ;)

Lucky I have them, because You spoiled the loot and its places ;P That's why I asked for GGG-ingredients, not for specific loot-piece(s) ;)
    {klatremus MODE=ON} Call me strange {klatremus MODE=OFF} ;)) ;PP
    Last edited by Mat99; 16th Jan 2019 at 16:44. Reason: typo

Mission 2 expert

Were is the key to the
    spoiler:
    library office
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Mission 2 expert

Were is the key to the
    spoiler:
    library office
    ?
    It's inside.

Maybe take a breather out on the balcony.

Still can't find it. Outright spoiler somebody please.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast