TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: File being auto-deleted, i need a file!!!

File being auto-deleted, i need a file!!!

I don't know what's going on, but for some days the file dromed auto-deletes and and at each time i want to dromed i have to get the dromed file from new-dark, maybe its a virus that's causing this, but this time its a file i can't get elsewhere , this is the missing file,ive searched in my thief 2 game copy and i doesn't have it:

Can anyone send it to me, without it i can't launch dromed, i'll have to make a back up of my thief 2.

Thank in advance for the file-
    Last edited by Cardia; 1st Dec 2018 at 06:08.

There is no file name in your error message. The missing file is a font file.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    There is no file name in your error message. The missing file is a font file.
    what is it missing exactly ? if i do a windows system Restoration i might recover what's missing?
    Last edited by Cardia; 1st Dec 2018 at 06:48.

Possibly. Im not sure if the file is missing in thief folder or windows folder. If you really have some malware:
    1. Do some malware scans
    2. Malware shouldnt delete font files in general, thats not what malware is made for

For me, the problem you have looks more like bad blocks / bad sectors or other hard drive read-write problems. How old is your hard drive? I would recommend you doing some hdd smart scans like this one for example.

while searching for that error in google i came across this:
    https://www.google.pt/search?source=...19.6Va6arA6Fzk

which means there were other dromed authors having the same problem.

My hard disk is from 2014.

I searched just now at TTLG and a number of people had the same problem with solutions.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...annot+find+gui

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I searched just now at TTLG and a number of people had the same problem with solutions.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...annot+find+gui
    Yes!!! Thank you John you gave me what i was looking for, problem fixed, i found my old cam file, replaced with the damaged or modified and now i can launch dromed, i wonder what caused this problem , in 12 years of Dromed this was the first time that happened to me.

So it looks like no file was deleted, just a config file got invalid by being mixed with other FMs or your own modifications. Glad you fixed it.

Thank you both i will credit you two for this help in my current mission im working on, probably this error appeared because ive been installing several thief 1 missions with Garrettloader, and most of the times it assumes they are thief 2 missions.

Why not FMSelector?

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    Why not FMSelector?
    sorry im actually using darkloader not garrettloader, im not used to work well with fmselector. it accumulates all the missions i have played and i can't remove them from the list

To remove the mission from FMselector list you have to remove the mission itself from its FMs folder, and ZIP from its Archive folder.

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    The data is stored in fmsel.ini/fmsel.bak. Just delete the FM entry.

Thank you Yuri and Unna