TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: TG FM -- The Upward Spiral 1/12/2018

TG FM -- The Upward Spiral 1/12/2018

Thank you, i assume this is not a mission part of the anniversary contest?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It is not an official contest mission, no, but we are glad to have it nonetheless!

Clearinghouse
    Thank you! Mirror: spiral.zip

Thank you moldybread and congratulations on your first FM. I play this as soon as I get home.

Thank you, and congrats on the release

Please be advised: a few words used in the readables are somewhat R18. Others might wish to look away while reading them. I for one have no idea what they mean.

DromEd Archmage
    Gosh, never played a mission that fun !

Man ! It is also respecting all the rules of the contest ! Why didn't you submitted it ? It's so crazy, I really loved it ! Very good job !
    Anyone who see this thread, even if you are playing contest missions, please, play this one like if it was one of them !
    It really deserves to be played !

Play this Mission !

I agree with FireMage, this is one barkingly great mission, if a little naughty (check out the swimming pool), so why o why did you not enter this FM into the T20 contest?

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Please be advised: a few words used in the readables are somewhat R18.
    A Few? I think your inability to count is as spectacularly off the scale as your inability to understand R18 words

@ MoldyBread.
    When you enter the room near the top with the dead opera singer you receive a notification of New Objective, but no new objective appears in your objectives, nor are there any hidden objectives in the intrface folder, so what's this all about?

And why such a low loot target objective? there is a ton of loot lying around, 4000g would have been more realistic on Styx difficulty.

But aside from the above I had a ball playing this mission, your sense of fun and utter siilyness shines through. I have played the mission twice now and spent a good hour just running past all the AI's grabbing as much loot as I could before I got the hell out of there (6975/7386). So thank you for a superior ball of fun.
    Last edited by fortuni; 1st Dec 2018 at 15:06.

My guess is it was meant for the contest, but perhaps submitted a little bit too late.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    A Few? I think your inability to count is as spectacularly off the scale as your inability to understand R18 words
    Nothing wrong with your sense of irony, though

Contest entry or not - I think this mission at least wins the prize for "Longest Readable in a Thief FM".

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Funny mission
    The hammerite that doesn't change his underwear is a fake. Hammers never do this, so no need to point this out.

Thief 1/Gold is getting so much more love and appreciation now and I'm so happy about it because it's my favorite thief game

I'll be sure to play this once I'm done with the contest missions

I approve silly fun once in a while

Thank you for this release! For me, the release is celebrating the 20th anniversary, too - despite not being included in the contest.

My directory entry is here:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissio...-upward-spiral

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Contest entry or not - I think this mission at least wins the prize for "Longest Readable in a Thief FM".

It's a copy-pasted manifesto from a real thing. Edgy stuff.

The mission itself was a mixed bag. Big largely empty town, large building filled with mostly monsters. Pretty good architectural quality and texture work, really, and some obviously funny stuff like the shape of the indoor swimming pool. I get the feeling the author was building something serious, didn't want to build much more so used the largely empty areas and filled them with what's there to create a playable mission.