TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What uses are there forbarrels during it's lifecycle?

What uses are there forbarrels during it's lifecycle?

I had a several ordered but the refresh timer ate it.

ZylonBane
    The hell?

I think he's referring to himself as the "refresh timer" and he's talking about wine barrels or something. I can't think of any other logical explanation.

I just thought that since many designers include the barrels as space filling props that it might be time for some ideas how they are used in the thief universe. They have value to a 18th/19th century world and would be protected and reused quickly. Even in the 21st century businesses recycle pallets and box containers, usually returned on the next delivery truck.
    1. Distilled spirit aging
    2. Wine distribution container (bottled locally in recycled glass)
    3. Beer/Ale/Mead distribution (bottled locally in recycled glass)
    :anyone remember when there was a deposit value for glass drink containers? I shudder to think of a low income wino that would just toss his bottles for some vagrant to recycle.
    4. Dry goods, Grain or milled flours (varnished or painted)
    5. hardy fruit and tuber transport container
    6. Cut down for buckets, pails, tubs. Mindful of the barrels integrity depends on a its binding rings. Wood & rings could be reused for a slightly different design.
    6. Poison container; not much value once has been poisoned
    7. Refuse container for burning or landfill recycling. Mindful of vagrant and rat infestations. City would not allow burning, towns would have area restrictions. I prefer the idea of composting & recycling as much as possible.

the forum logs me out after a while so many of my post ideas are never seen. That's ok, if you prefer I go away, just post as I don't check messages.
    Last edited by user3; 6th Dec 2018 at 11:34.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by user3 View Post
    I had a several ordered but the refresh timer ate it.
    I still want to know what this means.

I had made a list more detailed then post#4 but when I submitted it I was informed I was no longer logged in. The text sometimes can be copied and pasted after I log back in, other times the text is just gone.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Ok, got it. Maybe a mod can help, but did you checkmark the box that says "Remember me" when you enter your username and password?

Never noticed a checkmark, next time I will try to remember checking it.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I would think that will help avoid this timeout. A habit I've gotten into though is to select all and copy to clipboard right before I submit a post, just in case something happens (like I've lost internet while typing it and don't realize it until I try to submit a post). That could also work for you instead of hoping it's still there to copy when you log back in.

they are for climbing on top of to get to higher places,they also just for looks to fill in a room/etc

you might be able to put something inside and when you break it you can get item in said barrel

also they can be used to block an area of course you would have to make the barrel unbreakable

you can use a barrel to trigger a pressure plate/switch to open a gate/etc

i think you can even use barrels to block guards

love live the thief barrel's

...disposing of The Duke Of Clarence?

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by user3 View Post
    I had made a list more detailed then post#4 but when I submitted it I was informed I was no longer logged in. The text sometimes can be copied and pasted after I log back in, other times the text is just gone.
    And you thought that "I had a several ordered but the refresh timer ate it." would make any sort of sense without this explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    And you thought that "I had a several ordered but the refresh timer ate it." would make any sort of sense without this explanation?
    Yeah for a sec I thought he meant...

The refresher timer comment made no sense though

ZylonBane
    I guess he assumed that sentence would automatically make sense to us because it made sense to him, despite comprehension requiring access to his unstated thoughts. This points toward, cognitively, his likely having an under-developed theory of mind.

On a related note, ZylonBane, you seem to struggle with keeping quiet when there's no point in continuing to talk. This points toward an inflated ego and poor social skills.

ZylonBane
    Oh hey, it's the speedrunner trying to speak from the perspective of a well-adjusted person. Brilliant.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone get dunked for being a speedrunner of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleTooth View Post
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone get dunked for being a speedrunner of all things.
    A true ZylonBane zinger