TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rage 2 - Post-apocalyptic open-world FPS

Chakat sex pillow
    I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the 'side-quests' I've seen are literally 'go to spot on map and kill X', while the main quests are where the set piece variety is.

They're using Avalanche's Apex engine, so no pop-in.

My source for that:
    Link

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The side activities are pretty much the same repetitive thing a la Mad Max's base takeover grind/convoy assault for salvage. There's not much variety or creative recasting of mechanics if that's what 'meaty' means for you. As excuses to unload all your firepower over and over again, they're just about okay.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 16th May 2019 at 04:02.

The texture pop in was from id tech 5. It was a big issue in The Evil Within as well, though I don't recall any issues with the Wolfenstein reboots.

Chakat sex pillow
    It's been more or less fixed with id tech 6 (though even with 5, I didn't have a large problem with it in Rage - AMD users initially had the most issues). Doom 2016 has an initial few seconds where textures are streaming in right after a loading screen, but that's it. Wolf: TNO used 5, and TNC used 6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12