TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NEW TDM mission by JackFarmer "Hidden Hands: Initiation" 28/12/18

NEW TDM mission by JackFarmer "Hidden Hands: Initiation" 28/12/18

Infiltrate and explore the extraordinary places on Blackstone Island in order to become a full member
    of the mysterious "Hidden Hands".
    http://darkmod.taaaki.za.net/fms/hhi.pk4

Last edited by Kin; 3rd Jan 2019 at 06:52.

BANNED
    It's pretty good with some issues like amount of open space and traveling about just never seemed to work very well in Thief style games. I also personally have a bug that renders it uncompletable due to the combination locks not functioning properly. Testing various things for the author and maybe he can figure it out since he said I'm the only one who's had the issue.

It's like a lot of small missions pieced together with some largely empty travel area between, and there's some things you can learn/find in other sections that will help you in one of the sections.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    I also personally have a bug that renders it uncompletable due to the combination locks not functioning properly. Testing various things for the author and maybe he can figure it out since he said I'm the only one who's had the issue.
    Well, now we are two.

I'm in the bedroom of the lady of the manor and while the wall safe unlocks after using the correct combination, the picture frame doesn't move.

Right now I can't recommend playing this mission (unless I miss something here...).
    Last edited by Calibrator; 29th Dec 2018 at 11:54.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Well, now we are two.

I'm in the bedroom of the lady of the manor and while the wall safe unlocks after using the correct combination, the picture frame doesn't move.

Right now I can't recommend playing this mission (unless I miss something here...).
    The issue has been found. To fix this issue, turn on the option to automatically open doors when you unlock something in the game settings.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    The issue has been found. To fix this issue, turn on the option to automatically open doors when you unlock something in the game settings.
    Thanks - that worked!

WOW This is a really awesome mission it has it all!! I especially liked the fire elemental I don't remember seeing these before??

Ive been playing this now over yesterday and today for a few hours .This an awesome mission!!! One of the best darkmod missions so far imo
    Havent finished it yet

I can't find the download link.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I can't find the download link.

You can download it from within Darkmod.
    That's what I did.

Wow, that was a fun one, like 6 missions in one. Thanks!

Can someone tell me where to find the vault key 2? I guess it's somewhere in the bank office on the upper floor, but I cannot find anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by xx Bla xx View Post
    Can someone tell me where to find the vault key 2? I guess it's somewhere in the bank office on the upper floor, but I cannot find anything there.
    Try ground floor, a twin room for the one with three light switches. There are something like.. hmm.... key hanger (back wall).

I'm having serious issues with the lighting; all the visible cones are about 45* off counter-clockwise, and don't align with the actual illumination as I walk through the space. Also, world lights seem to be tied to me somehow, as my arm & weapon cast a shadow on many surfaces regardless of distance, and casts light in shadow (if that makes sense).
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 8th Jan 2019 at 01:53.

The author of this wonderful mission approached me via Discord. He is searching for a speaker for the player character for the upcoming successor mission. Anyone interested?