TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Arrows get stuck in Rowena's Curse

Arrows get stuck in Rowena's Curse

Hi, I'm facing a technical issue which spoils all the fun in my latest Rowena's Curse playthrough.

Whenever I shoot an arrow, it gets stuck in the air, right in front of Garrett's face. I can pick it up from there. Whatever angle I take, it always stops some 10 inches in front of me. It looks as if there was an invisible 'bubble' around Garrett, blocking all projectiles.

In the same time, whenever I pick the body and leave it somewhere, it floats high above the ground instead of falling down. I guess the issues are related.

I use latest Tafferpatcher, if it makes a difference. Could you please help me out with this one?

This happened to me in other missions too, I think it's a bug that can randomly show up in some complex missions (but not all of them for some reason). Usually reloading fixes it

BANNED
    I've also had this problem in other missions and reloading didn't fix it but restarting the mission did.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Too many brushes for OldDark. Some additional objects will be too much. The solution is to load it in NewDark, resize obj_ids, optimize and save the miss. This will take 2 minutes.
    Here we go
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ub3kg...iss20.zip/file
    (ND 1.25 and upwards)

You can also try to edit dark,.cfg
    edit the values like that

; object counts
    obj_min -18192
    obj_max 8184
    max_refs 47740

Maybe this helps, rather not
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 31st Jan 2019 at 10:52.

Once (or very few times) I had the same/similar issue. I thought it was linked to CapsLock -- it can mess up things pretty well.
    You could also try to exit Thief and then reload your game (with capslock turned off), if I remember correctly, that was, what solved my problem back then.

i know how i fix when this happens to me,save game,close thief completely and reopen it,problem solved

besure to close fmsel/darkloader also then restart from scratch load saved game and all will be good