TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Why are homosexuals in our days and age still seen as "strange"

Why are homosexuals in our days and age still seen as "strange"

in more than 70 countries homosexuality is still a crime !

now i understand if some people feel uncomfortable seing homosexuals walking down the streets hand in hand or kissing in public.

but making it illegal and even punishable by death is downright absurd and against the human rights .

i really wonder why europe and usa still trades with countries who clearly violate human rights .

what do you guys think ?
    Last edited by Al_B; 1st Feb 2019 at 02:37. Reason: Removed troll picture

Well to play devil's advocate for a second. Not all countries and cultures are the same as us, and think differently. Hence why you have differences, that you or I may not agree with.

Asian culture for example, lacks all of the political correctness that has been going on for the past 10-15 years in Western culture. So you see far more in the realm of what we (Western culture) deem "strange". So strange is subjective. And then you have things that people in places where something is deemed acceptable still find strange. Many still view trany's (or gender neutral as the new PC term appears to be nowadays) as strange. So strange is all down the person you ask.

Wars have even been started due to cultural differences, where one action that may be perfectable acceptable in culture A, is evil / sacrilegious to culture B.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Well to play devil's advocate for a second. Not all countries and cultures are the same as us, and think differently. Hence why you have differences, that you or I may not agree with.

Asian culture for example, lacks all of the political correctness that has been going on for the past 10-15 years in Western culture. So you see far more in the realm of what we (Western culture) deem "strange". So strange is subjective. And then you have things that people in places where something is deemed acceptable still find strange. Many still view trany's (or gender neutral as the new PC term appears to be nowadays) as strange. So strange is all down the person you ask.

Wars have even been started due to cultural differences, where one action that may be perfectable acceptable in culture A, is evil / sacrilegious to culture B.
    Another one justifying the benefits of Islam.
    Itīs all down to it in the western world.
    You can live yor way in this part of the world but I have to live your way in that part of the world.

I sense this thread becoming a facepalm-inducing trainwreck real quick.

basso - He didnít say anything about benefits, or lack thereof. He merely pointed that other cultures have different viewpoints, which is true. Shocking, I know.

icemann, the only thing Iíll correct, if I may, is that being transgender and being gender neutral (or non-binary) are two very different things, and that the word tranny is pretty much a slur, so not recommended... just fyi. I agree with your post overall, mind, just trying to clarify here.

to be honest i dont care if someone likes homosexuals or not... although i dont like the words like fag or tranny or what ever, i think its everyones rights to think about LGBT rights or lack of whatever they want ... but shouldnt it be common sense no matter what culture you are from that killing and murdering someone because of theyr nature given sexuality is WRONG WRONG WRONG !? And its not just islam ... homosexuality was a crime in india just a few months ago... so it seems thats its human phenomenon to discriminate homosexuals, no matter what country or culture you are from

Because despite our progress as humans, there's still an ingrained conservatism that sees procreation as the thing everyone needs to do, and obviously this can't occur within a same sex relationship (without adoption or surrogacy, etc)

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuilderReturned View Post
    And its not just islam ... homosexuality was a crime in india just a few months ago... so it seems thats its human phenomenon to discriminate homosexuals, no matter what country or culture you are from
    To be accurate, that law was an artifact of the original Indian penal code from the 1860s during the British Raj, was struck down in 2013 for being unconstitutional in a high court which had no real jurisdiction over it, was brought back, then argued in parliament before it was finally repealed. Also, while it existed, no one was actively being persecuted through it in recent history. It's largely a symbolic victory, and there's more work to be done. It's still the one thing we've done right in a while, though.

Southquarter.com/fms
    To anyone here who has illusions that the OP was trying to start a legitimate thread and discussion here, you'll probably want to re-examine the image in the original post. That's me on the right, taken from my profile page here on TTLG.

Chakat sex pillow
    Ah, I see. To use a term only Community fans would get, you've been Chang'd.

Renz - please ban the Builder idiot.

I guess the Builder's hand is about to fall heavily upon him

When the bruder brudes you into your murus ... you know its time for bruder murus !!!

That was epic trolling guys... ill post screenshots on 4chan soon...

Yandros u cokesucker youuuu : D
    Your fanmission sucks fag git !!!

I was here for 1 year and u guys sidnt notice... i use about 3 other accounts... 1 is unused as reserve .... and 1 is active ... i use dofferent ips and z headers so good luck banning me forever

: D

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

cokesucker

I wouldn't call it "epic trolling" when several people caught on immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    basso - He didn’t say anything about benefits, or lack thereof. He merely pointed that other cultures have different viewpoints, which is true. Shocking, I know.

icemann, the only thing I’ll correct, if I may, is that being transgender and being gender neutral (or non-binary) are two very different things, and that the word tranny is pretty much a slur, so not recommended... just fyi. I agree with your post overall, mind, just trying to clarify here.
    Tranny is a slur? It's just a shortening of transvestite (aka men that dress as women, and nowadays many prefer the gender neutral, or those that I know). Hmm.

basso: I wasn't promoting Islam. All I was saying is that what may be fine for one, may be offensive to another. This often occurs on far grander scales due to cultural differences, and in some cases leads to violence, wars etc etc. Been going on for all of human history. Can be things like choice of clothing, how one greets another, or even down to how one does a hand shake.

Southquarter.com/fms
    What an awesome life you have there.

I was here for 1 year and u guys sidnt notice... i use about 3 other accounts... 1 is unused as reserve .... and 1 is active ... i use dofferent ips and z headers so good luck banning me forever

: D
    Think about how much effort and time it takes you to make new accounts and change your connection info accordingly. Now think of how much effort and time it takes to ban you.

Feel free to waste your day circumventing bans; I guarantee you the mods will be wasting far less of their day getting rid of you.

Wow. What an awful excuse for a human being. May you one day grow a sense of decency, bruder.

AKA H3H3
    When the bruder brudes you into your murus ... you know its time for bruder murus !!!

You fucking legend. I knew you would come back to us some day. Don't listen to the haters, bruder. Hopefully, this marks the day you will become a productive member of the TTLG community! Can't wait to hear more amazing ideas! :salute:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

How could we have been so blind???

Administrator
    i use dofferent ips and z headers so good luck banning me forever
    Yeah, whatever. If you could spoof your personality better than your IP then that'd be saying something.