TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: question about rarly used textures in t1/g/2

question about rarly used textures in t1/g/2

i am wondering if in the om games of thief 1/g/2 if there were any textures rarely used or not used at all that came in game files?

if so can you please post a picture/screen of them and what game they were in and what mission/or if never used just in game files?

Jorge.

^i am guessing that is the texture used before game came out ,kinda a placeholder for walls/etc

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Actually jorge isn't a texture file, it's a hardcoded texture within the engine which it uses in Dromed for terrain that has no texture yet applied. If you play a mission through the game, those surfaces show up as blue.

I'm not particularly schooled in the hidden/unused textures in T1 and T2, so I'll let some of the Dromed autists like skacky, Max or Squadafroinx answer your actual question.

i am just curious if there are rarely used/not used textures from files as i would like to see them,to see if i have seen them in om mission's from t1/g/2

cause sometimes in a fan mission i see something and i am not sure if its om or custom,so i am asking to see if anyone else very thought of this

least used thing i think i seen is golden child from thief 2 only 2 times i remember seeing him,not sure if a a.i. is considered a texture

this reminds me,has anyone ever made mission based around blubrk? somethin like where all of it comes from maybe,would be cool for a mine mission or a factory,perhaps mechanists with golden child as the foreman

Nameless Voice has done the leg work on this already.
    Thief Enhancement Pack Progress
    Steve, follow the link and highlight any Texture Family in red, and you can view the unused textures in that family.
    Last edited by Purgator; 5th Feb 2019 at 03:22.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i am wondering if in the om games of thief 1/g/2 if there were any textures rarely used or not used at all that came in game files?

if so can you please post a picture/screen of them and what game they were in and what mission/or if never used just in game files?
    Here´s a list of the textures not used in Thief Gold:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2Y...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by bassoferrol; 5th Feb 2019 at 21:10.

ty,wow the winter maw is cool

ZylonBane
    not sure if a a.i. is considered a texture
    Just when I think downwinder can't top himself anymore, he goes and proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Just when I think downwinder can't top himself anymore, he goes and proves me wrong.
    i ment the mesh on outside of model,not sure if there were some not used,does that make a bit more sense

zylon you on every one's grill,ease off the gas pedal a bit

i ment the mesh on outside of model,not sure if there were some not used,does that make a bit more sense

zylon you on every one's grill,ease off the gas pedal a bit
    Thank god we now know what you ment, I was almost really confused there for a sec

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Usually the textures used on AI are called skins, the mesh is the model itself. And yes, I'm pretty sure there are some unused meshes (and skins) in both games. You might also be interested in Firemage's LGS Forgotten Creatures Project, Steve.

amazing stuff ,ty all

If you want to see what textures are in the games just look inside the RES folder of either Thief or Thief2 and open the fam.crf, obj.crf or mesh.crf. In obj.crf and mesh.crf look inside the txt & txt16 folders for the textures, and in fam.crf look inside each family named folder.

ok i checked them all and we need a full winter maw level,the ice part in maw is not the same as winter textures,seems more snowy in my view its more inline with where viktoria lived if you remember to get to her realm you had to pass the snow/ice season to reach her,was such a small area could have allot more to it

to the people who say make it yourself,i am just rambling out loud