TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: trying to resize a safe object.

trying to resize a safe object.

Im trying to reduce the size of the safe model, but when doing it so, the door remains bigger than the safe, ive tried to edit the object in blender but then the door animation won't work . Is there an option to reduce this object using the scale settings in Dromed? if so how do i do it?

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    Others have done this very often. No issue - if you care for proportions when reducing the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Others have done this very often. No issue - if you care for proportions when reducing the size.
    you mean its a matter of resizing with a special technique? alright, thanks, let's see if i can make it.

Resize it in DromEd as usual. But keep the proportions.

I think as long as you keep the ratio of all x y and z, you're fine.

If I may ask tho, while resizing levers, how do I adjust the distance a smaller or bigger lever passes?
    Like here

I can't resize properly , i gave up and im using a footlocker instead.

@Cardia: Do the maths. It's easy
    @mtk: Adjust Tweq-->Joint1CurveC: Joints-->rate-low-high. Keep the ratio or just try something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I can't resize properly , i gave up and im using a footlocker instead.
    You don't have to scale proportionally in the viewport. You should be able to find a Scale property on the object, after you re-scale it. Just type in the same number for each of the axes.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    @mtk: Adjust Tweq-->Joint1CurveC: Joints-->rate-low-high. Keep the ratio or just try something.
    This. Usually low is 0, so just adjust rate and high based on the ratio you applied to the size. So if rate and high are, say, 1.0 and 0.7, and you doubled the size of the lever, try 2.0 and 1.4 for them, should be close at least as starting values.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    You don't have to scale proportionally in the viewport. You should be able to find a Scale property on the object, after you re-scale it. Just type in the same number for each of the axes.
    how to i access the object scale property?

On the properties go to Shape -> Scale.

ZylonBane
    I swear to god, every thread it's like Cardia has only been using DromEd for a week. It boggles my mind.

Cardia I would recommend going through all of the properties just to see what dromed has to offer. Sometimes I have to look around for some properties I haven't used in a long time, but I learn by looking and using them repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    On the properties go to Shape -> Scale.
    Perfect, that's what i was looking for, things work now , Thank you so much John and the others for the help provided.

ZylonBane, after all these year there's is still many basic things i don't know about dromed.