TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update 2

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    So 75% of the time... they still spin around and start attacking you.
    Well, they usually get staggered after the first hit so there's a good chance I can take them down with a few more hits before they can do any damage.

But yeah, the stealth works in a very RPG-y way and not in the one-hit takedown way it works in "pure" stealth games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Aren't a lot of kickstarters basically demanded by publishers to prove there's an audience first?
    Possibly. But would you put money into a Kickstarter if you knew it's only seed money to attract a publisher, and if they can't find a primary source of funding the project won't be completed?

For a chance of LGS 2.0? Yes, absolutely, without hesitation. And having a solid publisher is by no means a guarantee that a project will be completed either. Lots of projects have been cancelled or abandoned by solid publishers and the developers left hung out to dry. Big publishers tend to have most (if not all) of the power in such a relationship, after all.

Theres not enough Kickstarters nowadays. Plus all the good KS based companies all got bought out by larger fish. So disappointing .

I'd be happy to contribute to more Kickstarters if they are funding small, independent projects. But if the KS is just seed money to attract big investors to a larger project, I'm not inclined.

SS3 is an exception. I would throw money at that.

Yeah same. What attracted me to it, was small indies wanting to take on large projects but lacked the funds.

Now it seems to be more about becoming successful enough that a larger company will want to come along and gobble them up.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Robert Yang has this videoseries called Level With Me where he plays games and critiques the level design, and he did one of UA recently.

A lot of this is just trying to figure out the game, plenty of time is also spent looking at the level design and reasoning about what might be behind some of the design decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12