TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Newb Questions from Tobey

Newb Questions from Tobey

Hi again everyone!
    I came here a few months ago with help getting Thief2X working. Now I want more help about how to get Thief Gold mods working.
    Still haven't beaten Thief Gold, but I don't understand how I can get an FM loader working with Thief Gold. I checked the FAQ, but I'm not very tech savvy, so I didn't understand what it was telling me-- though that might just be the jet lag.
    Anyway, how to get an FM loader for Thief Gold up and running, is what I'm asking. Thanks.

If you've installed Tfix (as you should have), you already have FMSel, which is a perfectly fine FM loader. Since you're new, there's no need to complicate matters any more than that.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's a guide I made for using FMSel (I can't believe it was almost 7 years ago):

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140093

be sure once missions are in your fan mission folder,load up darkloader then close it

then load up dark loader ini page and make sure all the missions for thief 1/g now added to list have a 1 instead of a 2 then close/save then the missions will work correctly

^that is what i have to do for most all thief 1/g fan missions to get them to work

and yes i use all up to date versions of things i need