TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What are the purple fruits called?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fruits

1 1.32%
  • Purple Fruits

1 1.32%
  • Plumsies

33 43.42%
  • Purpturds

7 9.21%
  • Eggplants

3 3.95%
  • Aubergines

2 2.63%
  • Grapes

3 3.95%
  • Healing Fruits

22 28.95%
  • Apples

1 1.32%
  • Something Else

3 3.95%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the purple fruits called?

yes and all fruits and veggies can be made purple by science,what is your point,i had choclated covered ants in a can before,i can go on

but back in the old days of thief times were more simple imports were rare for staples of the thief om's meaning they were all common items around,meaning grown close by

in before someone claims its a massive blueberry/purple turnip/purple carrot they grew wide and not long,etc but taking thing into account for om's grape is the 100% fit for that item

the damn plumsies were stolen also no fruit on any thief trees in om's where are the damn plums,are the homeless population on thief eating them all or are we going to blame the pagans? cause we know the ape beast did not have none

Can a mod move this thread to the Thief General section already? I keep thinking an important thread gets bumped but then I see its just more of this.

I'm not disputing that grapes may exist in the Thief universe or that the wine Garrett picked up was made from grapes, but I fail to see how that proves the Pagan fruits are grapes. Grapes might just be off-screen.

Where did you get those ants btw? You made me curious.

It's actually an unusually small blueberry. Everyone in the thief universe is tiny. Only blueberries are not affected

i had achocolate covered ants in 1980's google them,they nothing speical,a bit of a crunch to chocolate,like a chocloate bar with snap crackle pops in them kinda but a bit more gritty

and amorphous that is false due to little big world being in thief,but good effort,trust me looking glass though of everything

ok time to put this board to rest,in om game thief 1 there is some part of later missions with grapes on wall vines,case closed

but in game name for item is healing fruit

i also was a fan of the nali healing fruit in ut 1999

and eggplants grow off a bush not vines

Can you give an example? Keep in mind, no one is disputing grapes exist. Only that they are purple-red fist-sized fruit which grow in the Maw of Chaos

process of elimination eggplants grow on a bush,plums grow on trees and grapes on vines

i think my work here is done

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    now lets check plums a good choice but they not that big compared to the carrotts or apples in game so they cant be plums ,also they grow on ground in game plums in trees
    As opposed to grapes, which naturally grow larger than a human head when you pick them off the vine.

the purple bunch of grapes are sized correct in game

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Downwinder, please observe the rule against multiple consecutive posts.

It's 'Fruit' in Garrett's inventory, 'HealingFruit' in the Object Hierarchy, and the model name is 'Purpturd'. Anything else is gossip and hearsay

ZylonBane
    i can shove a spoon full of lava in my mouth
    Please do.

^ty

Tempted to say plums but we don't know these are what the ape was referring to as plumsies.

I think they are just some generic fruit. Like the City is just the City.

they are purple bunch of grapes in game you can see the bad job of texture they tryed to make on each grapelet piece
    I disagree, they did a great job of texture to make a one big half juicy purple (more about that later) fruit

my proof is the game was originally a medieval game so the apple,carrots,burrick leg ,grapes/etc were from that era of food,llok at any feast from movies/etc and you will see that is what they are
    actually grapes are more of an ancient era food, see roman movies, they always eat grapes there.
    another argument against is that the fruit is different from other regular food. Purple fruit works like a poor man's healing potion. That suggests it's unique. While potion is an effect of alchemy, the purple fruit is a true god's gift.

its not a eggplant the texture proves that alone,as a artist the center part would have been more uniform to taper in length only the ends would have had angled textures
    nature of fruits and plants is that they can have different, often unusual shapes and even colours, but I agree, it's not an eggplant. just not because of reasons you stated.

they are not plumsies as those would be way smaller also if anything the apple would be the plum with a bad color job on them,but some plus are reddish in color
    wrong.
    Considering the shape, colour, size, but also juiciness and texture based on garrett's sound while he bites into one I can say without a doubt that it's a half dried damson plum. to be more specific, a subspecies "engineered" by pagans using trickster magic to enhance size and it's unique healing abilities.

the only reason this is going on is cause others like to troll me about the things i like in thief and they know i get worked up about it,same with there negative comments about dewdrop
    Accusing without a proof? I expected more from you. Although going through your wee arguments about "grapes" Im not so surprised after all.

and plums grow from trees and to think someone said i got a low i.q.,i would beg to differ,and no one would walk around muching on a raw eggplant/aubergine even though its part of the nightshade family of fruits,kinda like a tomato being a fruit
    A half dried plum will not hang on a branch, they lay on the ground, rats and other rodents like to transport them often getting tired, overwhelmed by their size and leave them around in random places.

case closed
    Indeed, thief fruits are plums. case closed.

What if it's the yovo fruit from Avatar?

I've officially switched from Eggplant Gang to Plum Mafia.

They are clearly Mangosteens!

I don't have the english Thief edition but just listen to the WAVs ab11007a or ab21007b. They are called "Pflaumis" in the german and "prunies" in the french version. I guess that should mean "plumsies" in english, which in turn means plum, doesn't it?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

In the english version of "Thief 2", the apemen speak of "plumsies" in both these .WAV files. I don't know where in the game these files are used, so these "plumsies" could refer to something else than the purple fruits.

Moby Grapes.

to all the people who say they plums you forgot one thing plums grow on trees fruits in thief are on vines either on ground or a wall vine so your team plum is team wrong by obvious observation

funny how some don't accept the fact a plum comes from a tree and continues to make them self's look so bad in order to get a rise off others to join in lots of sheep roams these fields

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast