TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What are the purple fruits called?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fruits

1 1.32%
  • Purple Fruits

1 1.32%
  • Plumsies

33 43.42%
  • Purpturds

7 9.21%
  • Eggplants

3 3.95%
  • Aubergines

2 2.63%
  • Grapes

3 3.95%
  • Healing Fruits

22 28.95%
  • Apples

1 1.32%
  • Something Else

3 3.95%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the purple fruits called?

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    to all the people who say they plums you forgot one thing plums grow on trees fruits in thief are on vines either on ground or a wall vine so your team plum is team wrong by obvious observation

funny how some don't accept the fact a plum comes from a tree and continues to make them self's look so bad in order to get a rise off others to join in lots of sheep roams these fields
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 3rd Mar 2019 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    youneedtostopposting.jpg
    are you Eggplant Gang, Plum Mafia or Healing Fruit Fraternity ZB?

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    are you Eggplant Gang, Plum Mafia or Healing Fruit Fraternity ZB?
    Plummerites here

Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    Plummerites here
    Impossible, not anymore. According to the old legend they tried to fight the upcoming Hammerites by throwing overripe plums on them ... and failed.

Downwinder, again and again they discover new species of plants, you never know. Obviously those plums grow in many gamesys files, they are not oval, they heal instead of causing ass liquid and can be found all over the map, so what? You better listen to the apes and trust their unique instinct!

Gonna write a dissertation about it in my next FM ... oh yeah, it's carnival time in Germany ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    the city is a take off or european areas in past combines
    False argument.
    The style of the city can be considerated as inspired from European middle age, it's not taking place in our world so the veggies and fruits around the city are not the ones used in medieval Europe,
    as prove, guards are talking about potatoes and coffee and those are found in America, not Europe so the city could have asian/african/or whatever else growing around, it's still plausible.

Since LGS has decided to call them fruits only, imho, it's nothing but a fictive fruit that do not exist and is specific to Thief Universe, at worst plumsies if the convo was indeed refering those fruits.

I propose we call them Purpy Nom noms.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    False argument.
    The style of the city can be considerated as inspired from European middle age, it's not taking place in our world so the veggies and fruits around the city are not the ones used in medieval Europe,
    as prove, guards are talking about potatoes and coffee and those are found in America, not Europe so the city could have asian/african/or whatever else growing around, it's still plausible.

Since LGS has decided to call them fruits only, imho, it's nothing but a fictive fruit that do not exist and is specific to Thief Universe, at worst plumsies if the convo was indeed refering those fruits.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    False argument.

Actually potatoes were in Spain in 1500's and the rest of Europe followed within the next 4 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    In the english version of "Thief 2", the apemen speak of "plumsies" in both these .WAV files. I don't know where in the game these files are used, so these "plumsies" could refer to something else than the purple fruits.
    The two apebeasts had a conversation about the plumsies in the Trail of Blood just after the magic bridge. One apebeast mentions that there were no more but those healing fruits can still be found in this mission.

The healing fruit is shown in game as "Fruit" so I believe it is an analogous fruit which has different healing powers that any other type of food. As Garrett eats the healing fruit his health is increased immediately and definitely as opposed to other types of food that are incremental and do not always give Garrett health.

i will accept its a "healing fruit" in game and in game creation purpturd

maybe one day if we lucky the person who made it will let us know what fruit it is suppose to be

but let us be thankful the master builder has graced us with the healing fruit

i am now part of "the order of the healing fruit"

the flavor of the healing fruit is like concord grape juice a bit on the sour side

i also know that conversation i think the meaning is no plums were in missions due to the purpturd being so bad of a design hence the healing fruit

i would guess making a plum in 1999 must have been a real challenge???
    Last edited by downwinder; 5th Mar 2019 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I propose we call them Purpy Nom noms.
    Informally, I call them "fruit gushers" after the candy resembling a low-poly lump.

The 'Gushers' sounds a bit like a side effect one might experience as a result of consuming too many lumpy purple fruit.
    Watch Commander: 'Hey. Where's Benny?'.
    Guard: 'Got a bad case o' the 'Gushers' on account of all those purple fruity things he ate to help cure his gout'.
    WC: 'The dreaded purpturds, eh? Poor bastard'.

when i play thief and get the healing fruit i save them till right before i end mission and then eat them,kinda a reward for garrett for completing mission so he gets all food

now that i think about it is there a drinkable item that acts like a food,not counting healing potions/speed potions,i know some fan missions have custom drink items but don't think i seen any in thief games?

guess it makes sense that they are Grapes as they are on a vine...and not on a Plum tree.....

you have certainly burst my bubble as I always thought they WERE plums.... it proves that there are still many things in Thief, that we need to really look at and understand

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    The 'Gushers' sounds a bit like a side effect one might experience as a result of consuming too many lumpy purple fruit.
    Benny's gotta watch his sorbitol intake. X>

Who cares!..they taste nice..burrrrp.

Taffberries.

I think downie's on to something with his theory,
    I remember seeing these grape like shaped objects in the maw of chaos a few years ago

Rumour has it, that licking a frog beast can cure baldness (and get you a straight 20 in Cragscleft if caught doing so)!
    Brother Belend: 'Impure fiend! Acts of wanton carnality with amphibians is forbidden!'
    Bald Peasant: 'Have mercy on an old poor bald man who hasn't felt the warmth o' a full head o' hair in nigh on forty year! I have no desire for frogs, I wish only to rid myself of my shiny pate!'
    BB: 'Have you no hat, peasant?'
    BP: 'Aaaawww, busted. Don't tell the wife it was frogs this time, she hasn't gotten over me fling with that Burrick!'
    Last edited by Purgator; 14th Mar 2019 at 13:55.

three different types of rare healing fruits^ the one on far right is the one in game,the other 2 are magical and should be added=someone can recolor existing grapes :P slowfall healing fruit and speed healing fruit,weird how the color exactly match

Healing player from slow fall and speed effect – sounds awesome

Found this object swimming through the upside-down part on maw... maybe downwinder was right

Last edited by Psych0sis; 15th Mar 2019 at 07:06.

if you see that green end ,its the vine it was cut from,a plum does not have a removal point like that,and eggplant green part covers the entire end of a eggplant,no present in game,also in image you can see the speckles = poor attempted to make separate grapes,but i still love the item a lot

plums=trees,no fruit bearing trees in thief
    eggplants=plant,no fruit bearing plants in thief
    grapes=vines,there are vines with fruit in thief

checkmate
    Last edited by downwinder; 16th Mar 2019 at 00:00.

How much do you love them?

Edit: After much research I've identified this purple enigma..

..it's Cage Fruit!

Yahtzee.
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th Mar 2019 at 12:07.

you literally make the worst jokes

the origin of the healing fruit is from willy wonka cause only he could make such a amazing healing fruit

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast