TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What are the purple fruits called?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fruits

1 1.35%
  • Purple Fruits

1 1.35%
  • Plumsies

31 41.89%
  • Purpturds

7 9.46%
  • Eggplants

3 4.05%
  • Aubergines

2 2.70%
  • Grapes

3 4.05%
  • Healing Fruits

22 29.73%
  • Apples

1 1.35%
  • Something Else

3 4.05%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the purple fruits called?

What are the purple fruits called?

Creating this thread as per Yandros's recommendation to resolve this issue. What are these fruits called?

Plumsies or nothing, I'll entertain no thought of "eggplants"

Bananas

AKA H3H3
    Trannies

Oops, accidentally made this in the FM subforum. Could a mod move this to Thief General please?

they are purple bunch of grapes in game you can see the bad job of texture they tryed to make on each grapelet piece

my proof is the game was originally a medieval game so the apple,carrots,burrick leg ,grapes/etc were from that era of food,llok at any feast from movies/etc and you will see that is what they are

its not a eggplant the texture proves that alone,as a artist the center part would have been more uniform to taper in length only the ends would have had angled textures

they are not plumsies as those would be way smaller also if anything the apple would be the plum with a bad color job on them,but some plus are reddish in color

the only reason this is going on is cause others like to troll me about the things i like in thief and they know i get worked up about it,same with there negative comments about dewdrop

also that is one of the worst grape pictures i ever a saw way to dark on the ground rotting,if you want a great pic of some grapes the mission "the upward spiral" about mid level area there is a a dining room area with a bowl i think 2-3 grape bunches one of the best uses of grapes i ever seen

in thief om's the grapes grow from ground

and plums grow from trees and to think someone said i got a low i.q.,i would beg to differ,and no one would walk around muching on a raw eggplant/aubergine even though its part of the nightshade family of fruits,kinda like a tomato being a fruit

case closed
    Last edited by downwinder; 2nd Mar 2019 at 18:44.

I don't know man, it looks a lot more like an eggplant to me. There's clearly no distinction of bumps like you would see on a bunch of grapes. It's one smooth object.

Sorry bub its clearly an eggplant or at least a plum.

case closed
    Last edited by Psych0sis; 2nd Mar 2019 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    no one would walk around muching on a raw eggplant/aubergine
    Is that a challenge

i can shove a spoon full of lava in my mouth but it don't mean its right

plums not that big and grow from trees

and to this day all eggplant dishs i seen are cooked in some way

in before a health food nuts start posting eggplant raw salads

hey psychosis if its clearly a eggplant then how can it also be a plum by your own post

make up your mind it had to be one thing only i say grapes you say its two things

proof they not eggplants,the origin of a eggplant is south east asia,and i don't think they were importing them to thief world through stone market :P

now grapes on other hand are euro origins same area as thief

now lets check plums a good choice but they not that big compared to the carrotts or apples in game so they cant be plums ,also they grow on ground in game plums in trees

^the truth is out there

Thief does not take place in Europe, it takes place in The City

owned

I don't think Southeast Asia (or any other region on Earth) exists in the world of Thief. I went with plumsies because that's what the apebeasts call them and they're native to the places where plumsies grow, so I trust them to know their stuff.

I saw that joke btw, very rude

i think the entire ape conversation was a joke on how there are no plumsies in game they got stolen,that is why there is no tree baring fruit in game,only in fan missions

the city is a take off or european areas in past combines,owned

Are you implying the Maw of Chaos is equivalent to Southeast Asia

if you forgot to access the maw is through a warp of somekinf meaning it takes you to a place not of the regular thief world,so no its not south east asia

But that's where the eggplants come from

so that should let you know its not eggplants,ding ding ding we got a winner,pick a prize

Can I pick eggplants?

You said yourself that the fruit in my screenshot is rotting on the ground, so it's obviously not growing there.

"ahhh my favorite vintage" does that ring a bell,or is that egplant wine or plumsie wine? or lets use a bit of common sense and say omg it might be grapes the items used to make wine

i ment the choise of image you took of the grape, you should have gottin a image from a non natural source like in a bowl or something with contrasting background so the grapes stand out a bit more

so the next time you grab the golden bottles of grape wine in thief remember this entire post

i would almost have someone upload image of the gold wine bottle to see if we can read the label?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast