Capcom leaked it onto Steam themselves.

6-10% performance increase reportedly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Denuvo free EXE available here.
    https://mega.nz/#!zw1nXYbZ!N83g0dipK..._-YaF8TTP6b7RQ
    Capcom leaked it onto Steam themselves.

6-10% performance increase reportedly.

Already beat it.

The combat mechanics are the best in the series so far. Graphics and production quality are top notch.

Plot is...well, let's just say my earlier prediction was completely accurate and the plot twist is obvious as hell for anyone who has played previous entries. It has some major holes and unexplained points and feels like fanservice. The previous games had some subtle emotional depth (nobody who is playing for the spectacle would have noticed, but they had subtle notes like Dante taking a liking to Nero because Nero is both what's left of his brother and in many ways what Vergil could have been had Vergil found something he cared about more than himself.. The plot of this game in fact directly undercuts what made the overall story poignant, although sets up some rather spectacular boss fights in so doing.

Sidenote: Nero being a bleach ripoff is now patently obvious. His Devil Trigger form is basically a palette swap for Ichigo's full hollow transformation (https://www.uhdpaper.com/2019/02/ner...y-5-4k-57.html)

V steals the show in a way that I didn't entirely expect, and I think my favorite character in this game is Gryffon (the smartass bird that V summons). I've started on Son of Sparda difficulty (won't get back to it for a week b/c I travel most of the time now) but I was able to pull an S on the first mission. I did get my ass kicked fighting the final boss both times (The fight occurs twice with both Dante and Nero).

Have to say that I'm over the moon that Capcom decided to return to the original DMC series. Far superior to the emo reboot by a long shot.

The 'emo reboot' is highly underrated. Excellent combat and visuals and the storytelling is certainly a lot more involved than 1-3. (Not: that doesn't mean the writing is actually good...)

It's also not particularly emo; the tone of DmC is abrasive and pop-punk, if anything.

I didn't care about the story or characters much in DmC, but it was a great game in terms of combat system. It felt almost subconscious to use when you got the hang of it. It was like being in a state of pure flow. From what I've seen in DMC 5, there's similar variety and a lot of options to choose from on the fly. I'm definitely getting this one, but Sekiro is first in the queue

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I didn't care about the story or characters much in DmC, but it was a great game in terms of combat system. It felt almost subconscious to use when you got the hang of it. It was like being in a state of pure flow. From what I've seen in DMC 5, there's similar variety and a lot of options to choose from on the fly. I'm definitely getting this one, but Sekiro is first in the queue
    Understatement. DMC 5's combat is the best of any action game I've been exposed to so far and dramatically improves on the bar set by DmC and DMC 3.

It does take a lot of design aspects from the spinoff game (including setting/level design) but does so with a lot better flair, a vastly more memorable cast, and a combat system that has somewhat more depth.

Is there still a heavy amount of farming for souls to power up attacks, gain new ones etc etc?

It's still a mechanic.

But that said you get them at a rate to where the learning curve is considerably steeper than the upgrade curve. You'll get access to new skills at a rate far greater than you'll be able to learn how to use them effectively.

Can you still replay / revisit already done areas to find new stuff, farm etc? In DMC4 I did a fair bit of that.

Also, what's the level design like more generally? My love for 1&3 has a lot to do with the RE-mansion style design layout. I'm not big on more strictly linear spectacle fighters.

Chakat sex pillow
    The DMC games have traditionally always let you replay chapters to farm orbs, DMC 5 isn't any different in that respect.

Level design-wise, at least from the first half of the game that I've played, it's set in a slightly apocalyptic mirror version of London being taken over by a tree, and hijinx ensue in and around streets and various interiors. It's not big on making you cross and re-cross a layout to learn it/take in the flavour of the location, unless you're searching for secret missions/cleverly hidden collectibles. Given that I found DMC3's level design adequate if unmemorable, it's not terribly far removed from that standard.

Nah, it's much more linear. DMC 3 entirely takes place within one megastructure. DMC 5 is different because the characters are traversing a LOT more ground. WIthout spoiling anything you're fighting from the outskirts of the city to the epicenter of said supernatural event.

Level design is extremely close to the spinoff.

Hmm, that's slightly disappointing to hear, but the setting sounds promising. I'll find out for myself eventually.

Let me know when you do.

One thing that does help the mood significantly is that (This "spoiler" is just the prologue) the entire cast get their assess handed to them within the first few minutes of the game with Dante getting knocked out of the fight from a single punch that shatters his trademark sword.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Here's a cool podcast interview with Reuben Langdon, the voice of Dante. Good background listen whilst gaming.

The more I look back on it the more I think this game is a missed opportunity.

It's more fanservice. There's a LOT of callbacks to old bosses, characters, and weapons that are extremely easy to miss and the overall plot is pure fanservice in a way that literally everybody expects (It's literally right in V's battle music) and introduces a major plot where a character Survived literally exploding into pieces but somehow is walking around intact.

The only major topic of interest that actually gets addressed is why Nero had powers to begin with at DMC4. This is somewhat undercut because they've changed his personality to be halfway between his old self and the spinoff's edgy, constantly cursing "Dante".

Furthermore given that it was supposedly the last Dante-centric entry in the franchise I expected it to actually address some of the persistent questions about the series. We knew Mundus wasn't actually gone but still posed a threat but In this one he's only mentioned in passing. We never find out what happened to Sparda.

At least the combat system still holds up this much later with Bloody Palace. Every weapon/technique/enemy has a layer of depth beyond what is first apparent and it continues the series hallmark of having grunt enemies who make more interesting opponents than other game's actual bosses do.