TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: are unreal tournament 1999 textures/skins compatible with thief fan missions?

are unreal tournament 1999 textures/skins compatible with thief fan missions?

the reason i want to know i know of some textures/etc that would be perfect for thief fan missions,but i want to know if they can be added to thief fan missions before i let certain people know

it came out in 1999 same time as thief 1 the graphic style is perfectly matched for thief fan mission

if anyone know's please let me know

also the game is free now,so using the textures is ok with in how people use thief textures/etc for non profit

Zombified
    NewDark supports a bunch of modern texture formats, so as long as you can take the Unreal textures from whatever resource package it uses and make them into pngs, you can use them in FMs. just make sure they are power of two sized.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    it came out in 1999 same time as thief 1 the graphic style is perfectly matched for thief fan mission
    Ah yes, the "1999" graphic style, a result of the Grand Stylistic Unification Conference of 1999.

zylon i am going ot find this one game play through and link you to the longest most insane game from back in the day,in the 1999 style graphic,i dont think anyone here is crazy enough to make a single mission as big but the game did have short loading scenes ,but seemed over all seamless,was like portal loading screens,looking for playthrough of it now,i never acctully played it as i never knew about it ,but omg its massive will add link to this post soon for zylon's opinion on it

well i checked you tube ,but sadly it's so cluttered i cant find nothing on that site anymore,but it was a mix of thief and arc fatalis type game i think in third person,massive exploration game with some puzzle elements

found it posted link below be sue to start at 15:45 in video to skip the lame training part
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Mar 2019 at 01:00.

please do find it downwinder, I'm curious about this amazing sounding game too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LGAg_5r31I

i found it start video at 15:45 ,and understand you can go any direction from start,you can see other walk through with so many paths,this one is a 7 hour one but look how the map keeps going and going

if one day some one attempted a map that was as complex omg wow could be a entire journey

game is called rune

its like the entire map is a maze,trying to keep direction seems impossible once you get deep into game,almost like some pats seem outside but probaly in a big cave/etc

i am seriously wondering if it would be possible to convert the map into a fan mission,escape type?

here is link to a person doing a speed run on game if top link goes to slow for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxeoYtTPCk
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Mar 2019 at 01:08.

You didn't invented hot water, Rune textures are used in FMs since Lady Rowena used them first.

Wow I sure do remember that game, great stuff. And yes, very cool textures! Actually going to use some of them going forward, thanks for this amazing idea Steve

i had no idea squad and i love her missions alot

glad psychosis i was able to give you an idea for new textures

i just found the traveling part in game was so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    You didn't invented hot water,
    I know that expression in french "tu n'as pas inventé l'eau chaude" but i didn't know the English language had that expression .

ZylonBane
    It doesn't.

Zombified
    English has "in other news, the sky is blue", but note that there is quite a bit of sarcasm going on, so it should be used carefully. we have "yeah, America has been discovered" around parts where I currently live.

"You have discovered the wet powder" in Spanish.

ZylonBane
    WTF is wet powder?

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    "You have discovered the wet powder" in Spanish.
    Lol there's a similar one in Portuguese : "não descobriste a pólvora" traduction : "you didn't discovered the powder".

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    WTF is wet powder?
    google says something women (and some men, probably) put on their faces to look less ugly.

ZylonBane
    Makeup?

Zombified
    so it would seem - unless they are making things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    WTF is wet powder?
    It means that something you´ve said or an idea you had is completely useless. It´s gonna be a failure.
    In a nutshell, it means you are wrong.
    Powder=gunpowder.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Powder=gunpowder.
    Ah. Wet gunpowder makes a lot more sense than wet makeup.