TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: [Thief Gold] A message displayed on the screen when a specific item is placed?

[Thief Gold] A message displayed on the screen when a specific item is placed?

What do I need to do in order for a message to pop up on the screen (like a book) when a specific item is placed in a specific place?
    I know the TrigRoomPlayer script, but is there something similar for items? Or do I need to make invisible ai conversation or some shit?

Also as I'm already making a thread. Does anyone have a list of thief gold schemas?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    You need a trigger. This can be trigunlock (key and lock) or a S&R setup. Then you can turn on a trap to display a message. Depends on the setup. With NVOnscreenText for example. NVScripts are available for T1/TG.

T1/TG schemas can be found in DromEd toolkit.

For the S&R route you can use this guide:
    https://dromed.whoopdedo.org/dromed/bringobject

The main focus is on objectives, but it works for triggering other events too (instead of using QuestVarTraps you use other script objects).

For the text, you can install tnhScript and use the TrapText script (an object with that script can be frobbed, so the receptron effect can be 'frob object' (it will also need Engine Features > FrobInfo: WorldAction: Script)).

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    The tnhscript module isn't working in T1/TG. Or does it?

I think you're right (I didn't do an extensive test but the one I did caused a crash).

The easiest solution is probably for the receptron effect to be frob a hidden plaque.

thanks, ill experiment with what you said and see how it goes

EDIT:
    Alright figured it out, just to make it clear:

I did method nr 2 from here, https://dromed.whoopdedo.org/dromed/bringobject
    I just replaced regular object as nr 2 with invisible flat (0z) object (tho it needs at least 0.1 dimmension height so it looks like item is being placed on the brush.
    To trigger text I used nr2 to frob a button which frobs a relay trap which frobs a marker with design note>NVText='Found Secret!' and ofc NVOnscreenText script

Now I just need to figure out how to play secret que at the same time, and I guess link some destroy trap so it only happens once

EDIT2:
    I used votrap for the sound. everything works perfectly, cheers!
    Last edited by mtk; 19th Mar 2019 at 16:49.