TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23, 2019

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Brethren has released a StartPack, the link is in the first post. Using it is allowed, as is the importing of small multibrushes (think small templates as opposed to large areas from an unreleased map). However, starting from an abandoned map or importing large areas from other maps is not allowed. Naturally this is on the honor system as we have no way of validating.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Naturally this is on the honor system as we have no way of validating.
    There are anti-cheater tools available, for example this one
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2319401

Thank you, Yandros, for answering. Now something can begin to take shape.

It is probably just as well. Looking over the Kraken map, it would have taken ages to remove every customized texture and object from it, and it looks so lovely as is.

Another question. I have a fresh installation of Thief2 ready to use. But I am becoming very confused over which way to patch it the latest NewDark. Tafferpatcher is no longer supported, but T2Fix instructions say:

"-patch with TafferPatcher, select Complete Resource Fix Pack and Enhancement Pack (this is REQUIRED. also, skies and water are recommended)"

The enhancement pack contains custom items, doesn't it?

Might some instruction be posted as to how to best patch Thief with the latest NewDark/DromEd so as to conform with the rules of the contest?

Just install this and you're fine. Or wait for an hour to get a improved version.
    Done.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 25th Mar 2019 at 13:57.

Apologies for the confiusion. All you would need to do to have the latest version of NewDark and DromEd ready to go would be to run T2Fix and ensure DromEd is selected on the components page. The complete resource fix, also included in T2Fix, is recommended as well, but I am unaware of its legality in this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Another question. I have a fresh installation of Thief2 ready to use. But I am becoming very confused over which way to patch it the latest NewDark. Tafferpatcher is no longer supported, but T2Fix instructions say:

"-patch with TafferPatcher, select Complete Resource Fix Pack and Enhancement Pack (this is REQUIRED. also, skies and water are recommended)"

The enhancement pack contains custom items, doesn't it?

Might some instruction be posted as to how to best patch Thief with the latest NewDark/DromEd so as to conform with the rules of the contest?
    if you want to stay vanilla as possible, do custom selection and only select Dromed Level Editor

I forgot to check it off for the picture but you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Just install this and you're fine. Or wait for an hour to get a improved version.
    Done.
    I used this for a while too. It's good but recently I noticed I did not have a schema folder anywhere, though maybe it's not supposed to be visible? I remember always having one in the past, but it's been a long time since I actually did an installation from scratch.

No advanced DromEd stuff in my little patch. I recommend to download DromEd Toolkit to get what you need

Are there any plans for a custom (legal) shared resources thread, as with TDP 20?

Most likely yes, there's no reason why there shouldn't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The rule on the last contest was you can use small multibrushes of prefabricated things like buildings to build your mission, but you couldn't start from an abandoned map.
    Really? Heart and Soul was based on an abandoned Sliptip mission that was underdeveloped though fairly sizable. I know that virtually none of the original is visible in the final result, but I don't remember there being a specific rule against abandoned bases.

On a side note, it's a complete toss-up whether I'll be able to contribute as an author this time around. I'd definitely like to, but the way my schedule's set, I won't even be able to make an attempt until at least May. Because of school et cetera I would essentially have from May to August to come up with a polished mission. It's not impossible, but I'm sort of inclined to wait until my degree is finished to start Dromeding again properly so that I know I can dedicate time to putting something out. That said, perhaps I'll have a go anyway.

I'm still available to do voice-work for all those who may need it though *wink wink, nudge nudge*.

good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Done.
    Thank you for the bullet, Unna

And thank everyone else for the invaluable advice. I can't believe everyone here is so nice to me, even though I have never managed to finish a mission of my own.

Attention all participants, you can now grab and share custom (but legal) resources in this thread:

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...59#post2417859

Moved this discussion to its own thread. One of hundreds of similar threads here in the archive.

Added the screenshots thread to the original post, it is here: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149681

one question ,where did the outerbros things come from ,the three snake circles? what game?

also i know thief did have a normal loot one but thinner

also i got a idea for a fan mission if anyone want to hear its one of my best idea's,just message me if you want to know

where can i find some tutorials about creating a fm for a newcomer . preferential in german

There's german forum where you can download tutorials.

Ah greetings all,
    I will too attempt an entry for the contest. It will be my first mission so lower your expectations, but what best way to celebrate this 20th anniversary than with new FM makers. I never really engaged with the community before, but time has come for me to do so. This is a game and a community I want to see go forward.
    If my name is familiar to anyone, is because I am an active member at the Paradox Entertainment Forums.

With this said wish me luck, and I wish you a good continuation of 2019.

Kindly yours,
    Patriarch of Bub

Contestants can manually port T1G resources to T2 and include them in their mission archive. These resources cannot be modded in any way outside of the rules listed here.
    Can we use all textures of T1G ?

Yes, anything stock in T1 or TG can be brought in and used in your mission. Textures, objects, AI, sounds etc.

I know that it's a bit too early to ask, but how many authors have already declared their participation in the contest?

Hmm...
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch of Bub View Post
    I will too attempt an entry for the contest. It will be my first mission so lower your expectations . . . If my name is familiar to anyone, is because I am an active member at the Paradox Entertainment Forums.
    With this said wish me luck, and I wish you a good continuation of 2019
    Welcome to TTLG and very glad to know you've decided to step in. Whatever else this community is, it's enthusiastic about new mission makers. We're very happy to have you. Best advice? Leave a good amount of time to have your mission tested which you can do at shalebridgecradle. And, yes, we do wish you luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast