TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The FMs will be announced after the deadline has passed and they are ready for release, which should be within 12 hours of the deadline which is 11:59pm PDT on Mar 23. (PDT is the U.S. west coast and is UTC-7) Please however do not depend on that estimate being absolute or immutable for any purposes, as there are human beings putting the release together behind the scenes and anything can happen to delay the announcement and release of the entries.
    Well this contest is shaping up to be a failure of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Well this contest is shaping up to be a failure of epic proportions.
    I’m assuming this is sarcasm right??

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Again !?

I've got a funny feeling I may well be self isolating for 2 weeks on 23 March, can't think why.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I've got a funny feeling I may well be self isolating for 2 weeks on 23 March, can't think why.
    Lol same. The timing of this couldn’t have been any better

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Basso, R_T was alluding to some comments made when the TDP20 Contest missions were announced. (Yes, sarcasm.)

I heard from Grandmauden and he says he is striving for the deadline but considers his mission at risk.

I'm working on getting things finished, but there's still areas that need some work and I haven't even roombrushed the entire mission yet.

I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm doing my best. The good news about this... if I miss the deadline, which is not unlikely, I will have time to implement a couple of planned areas that had to be cut

On March 24

Me: Boss, I won't be coming in for a couple weeks.

Boss: Oh, good idea. We need to slow the spread of this virus.

Me: Virus?

Only one week left! We have received our first submission!

Beta Testing

My first mission is ready and I´ve considered to participate in Thief II 20th AC Contest.
    I am a bit late with this but if someone would have time to beta test my mission, it would be great!

I can help PM me the link

I literally came here today to see if there were any new missions coming soon. Cheers to self isolation!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    I literally came here today to see if there were any new missions coming soon. Cheers to self isolation!!
    Well there’s obviously not gonna be new missions before the 24th lol

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    Well there’s obviously not gonna be new missions before the 24th lol
    He means he came to the forums in general, checking if there were any new missions out or about to come out and is surprised to learn about the contest that's going on.

This is all assuming he hasn't checked the forums in a very long time, which might be the case due to the "self isolation" line. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    He means he came to the forums in general, checking if there were any new missions out or about to come out and is surprised to learn about the contest that's going on.

This is all assuming he hasn't checked the forums in a very long time, which might be the case due to the "self isolation" line. :P
    Correct. I was aware of the contest, but had completely forgotten about it. I was thinking I am going to need something to do once we decide to self isolate and decided to check in here to see if there was anything coming. Boom!! A whole bunch of Thief2 FMs are on the horizon.

Been playing Thief for about 20 years and it is the game series that just keeps on giving, thanks to this community. So, thanks to all the authors. Be safe!

Very long time, but still

You're right, it's been a very long time since I've been in this forum. Say 11 new fan missions ago. My grafix card broke in Florida in June 2019. Came to Sweden for 1 month, by the time I get back it will be 1 year. Finally got my moms desktop to accept my old T2 CD-ROMs. Totally forgot about newdark and T2Fix, so had more issues, but now I got it working and so of course I came here for hints.
    The TDM forum helped me with the T2Fix & the newdark 1.27b links.

Anyway, I know you really can't extend the anniversary, or can you? Or should we just create a new competition because of Corona? We could set the finish date to whenever the World goes back to normal. They're predicting July for the USA, but I don't know...

There's no way I can re-learn dromed for T2, in 5 Days. Had fun for awhile with the TDM editor, until I tried creating a mote with water and crocks in a moat around a castle (Bamburger Castle in the UK to be exact) & then the whole thing crashed, crashed, crashed & so on, in edit mode. Don't know what happened there, so I gave up. Couldn't fix it...

Can't wait till the 23rd though. More missions
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 18th Mar 2020 at 20:29. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Taffer View Post
    My first mission is ready and I´ve considered to participate in Thief II 20th AC Contest.
    I am a bit late with this but if someone would have time to beta test my mission, it would be great!
    you got anyone?

Well, I should be ready to beta-test my mission soon. I know there's only a few days left, but if anyone is available to help me beta-test on Southquarter, send me a PM. I'd really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    you got anyone?
    Yes, three people have tested the mission and maybe a few more will test it if they have the time. It´s always good to have more testers!

Deleted inflammatory and off-topic posts.

Guys, which day should we expect the missions available for download and play?

Thank you!
    Last edited by ticky; 20th Mar 2020 at 12:40. Reason: typo

Oops, the deadline is so near!!! Don't ask me why but I always had October in mind ...

Working on the translation of Gandmauden's FM now, and since the weekend will be rainy and cold in the middle of Europe I'll have enough time to translate one or two other FMs before the deadline. Authors, PLEASE contact me ASAP!
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Guys, which day should we expect the missions available for download and play?

Thank you!
    The FMs will be announced after the deadline has passed and they are ready for release, which should be within 12 hours of the deadline which is 11:59pm PDT on Mar 23. (PDT is the U.S. west coast and is UTC-7) Please however do not depend on that estimate being absolute or immutable for any purposes, as there are human beings putting the release together behind the scenes and anything can happen to delay the announcement and release of the entries.
    So most likely on Mar 24 sometime between 1200 and 1800 UTC.

So most likely on Mar 24 sometime between 1200 and 1800 UTC.
    That's next Tuesday, seven-o-clock in the evening at latest, in Central/Eastern Europe. Thank you and counting down until then!! ?)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast