TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Perhaps many of us in 5 or 6 days wonīt be alive to play and finish the missions.
    Didnīt you think of this when it was decided to extend the deadline?
    People are just overreacting about the pandemic too much, just stay at home and be safe.

If some authors need more time due to RL constraints then so be it, with a staggered release it would be fun guessing who's going to release next.

Would be nice if those that are ready are released tomorrow, rather than hold them all back till the weekend, at least we can start our anniversary, it will take us all a few weeks to plays them all anyway.

Perhaps many of us in 5 or 6 days wonīt be alive to play and finish the missions.
    The virus is really dangerous for people who are either old, or have severe chronic diseases, or a suppressed immune system or a combination of these.
    Young(er) and healthy people will experience the virus similar to a flu or common cold. For them the danger is more likely in the chance to contract the disease to some of their relatives/friends/etc. who are at risk.

Stay home, leave home only if really needed, avoid people as much as possible and wash your hands regularly, especially if you were outside. Also don't touch your face and eyes, only after you washed your hands and you'll be fine.

Probably some of the missions will be released tomorrow anyways and unless we'll have all day for Thief, the rest will be released by the time we finish those to be released by the original deadline, so I don't think we'd lose anything with this.

For me this partial delay is almost a good news, as I still have lots to do this week, and no staying-at-home for me (unless I'd catch the virus, which I don't want to).

Everyone will be fine, just be careful out there. Can't wait to play some new FMs soon! At least, this is keeping me happy for the time being.

We thought of many things when taking this decision, though we didn't think of anyone making a post this stupid. I think the people who are really sick have other priorities than a bunch of missions for an old computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Young(er) and healthy people will experience the virus similar to a flu or common cold.
    Sorry, but this is a bit of misinformation. Younger and healthy people also have a good chance of experiencing harsher symptoms. It may not come to pneumonia, but it will feel a lot worse than a common cold.
    Some are lucky and get through it without showing any symptoms, or only very mild symptoms. But the "80% of people only show mild symptoms" doesn't mean they'll only experience a common cold, it means they don't reach a level of severity where they get pneumonia.

Don't wanna hijack this thread or anything, just want to dispel the myth that "mild symptoms" means "like the common cold".

Hey, no offense to anyone, but we already have a coronavirus thread in CommChat. Seems like people probably come over here to get away from that.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Would be nice if those that are ready are released tomorrow, rather than hold them all back till the weekend, at least we can start our anniversary, it will take us all a few weeks to plays them all anyway.
    I already explained that we would be doing that. Some missions should be available in less than 24 hours.

This is gonna be fun! All hail the name of Karras!

A significant chunk of submissions will indeed be released within the time-frame of the original deadline. There will be no shortage of authentic tributes and mind-blowing experiences this week.

I wish best of luck to all FM authors who participate in this contest.

Thanks sberra

We are up to 7 entries tonight and may end up with 8! I still only know of 11 total, though, so more released in the morning probably means fewer later in the week, but I doubt anyone will complain. All the plans are in place to make these initial missions available in about 9 hours, give or take, barring any unforeseen complications.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    We are up to 7 entries tonight and may end up with 8! I still only know of 11 total, though, so more released in the morning probably means fewer later in the week, but I doubt anyone will complain. All the plans are in place to make these initial missions available in about 9 hours, give or take, barring any unforeseen complications.
    What is the latest update on your list of authors?

11+ fan missions is plenty to get me through this challenging time in my life right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    What is the latest update on your list of authors?
    Balboa
    Children of Endeavour
    Croissantine & Die Fugger
    Jayrude
    Psych0sis
    Random_Taffer & marbleman
    Skejven

Well, so where are the FMs? Time is right, I'm here and I demand FM! Give me FMs, right now!

Classical Master 2008

I would like to talk to the manager.

Patience, young Garrett. Everything is on schedule.

We are about ready to go. There were a few last minute things to tend to, plus we received GORT's mission over night. It will be listed in the announcement in a few minutes, and will have a thread, but will not be on the downloads page for a few hours. But you will have 7 others to keep you busy so no whining.

What a great event with lots of great missions to play.

A big thank you to all the authors. It is a lot of work to complete a mission and their hard work is much appreciated.

Also, a bit thanks and round of applause to Yandros and Skacky for their hard work. It is a wonderful way to celebrate 20 years.

bbb

I am planning to play the missions with my 5 year old son can someone point me on wich ones have no undead or generally freak moments in?
    PS:Thank you for your hard work.

If your son is with you, I would avoid playing Feast of Pilgrims.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast