TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VTM BLOODLINES 2 OMG OMG OMG

Taking the Death Toll

VTM BLOODLINES 2 OMG OMG OMG

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, okay, I'm interested considering Mitsoda's on board, and he wrote some of the best parts of VtM:B. ACTUAL HYPE

EG has a write-up on an early, hands-off demonstration too. An ImSim, you say? But precious, whatever is that?

Now lets just hope it isnt a damn Epic exclusive.

Taking the Death Toll

Niiiice.

YES

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oooooh, neat!

I never did finish VtMB, ran into a werewolf-shaped wall at the top of a ski-lift iirc.

Had to look up the developer of this. Hardsuit Labs. The only titles under their belt are reasonably-well-received F2P shooter Blacklight: Retribution, and porting Chivalry to PS4 and XBone. Hmm, ok. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this title.

...Paradox Interactive? Hmm. Cautiously optimistic.

...Imagine if Arkane were doing this.

Paradox snagged the rights ages ago. I think I spread a rumour a few years back that there was going to be a new Bloodlines game, but it was obviously premature. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage.

And I'm fine with it not being an Arkane title because writing doesn't seem to be their strongest talent.

Holy crap!

Er... I mean... looks like it has potential and it's good to see there are still more people who haven't given up on immersive sims. Cautiously optimistic.

I mean, please don't suck.
    Last edited by Starker; 22nd Mar 2019 at 04:44.

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I mean, please don't suck.
    On the contrary, it's a game about vampires. I would hope it does suck.

I'll get my coat.

Amazing! Who would have thought that we would ever get a sequel. Do you realise that Bloodlines was released 15 years ago? I hope it still has a market.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Now lets just hope it isnt a damn Epic exclusive.
    Given that it's going to be published by Paradox who are a medium/large publisher and have their own store, that would have been a very unlikely outcome.

I saw an ad for this just hanging out in a square on GOG (Tacoma is free there btw), and I did a literal double-take like "What?! When did this happen? How did I not hear about this??"
    And it happened today, so it all makes sense now.

Add to wishlist.
    Move to top of wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Oooooh, neat!

Had to look up the developer of this. Hardsuit Labs. The only titles under their belt are reasonably-well-received F2P shooter Blacklight: Retribution, and porting Chivalry to PS4 and XBone. Hmm, ok. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this title.
    Yeah, I did the same... Seems like kind of a strange choice of developer for reviving everybodys favourite dark Vampire RPG... We'll see...

EDIT:
    PC servers for Blacklight shut down about a week ago btw... Hoping this will do better...

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Oooooh, neat!

I never did finish VtMB, ran into a werewolf-shaped wall at the top of a ski-lift iirc.
    And iirc, you weren't actually all that far from the end either. It's a badass ending too, so worth the little bit extra if you got it in you some time.

I actually found the final chapter really dumb, it was just running through sewers full of monsters.

Yeah. The ending cinematics and boss battles are cool, but the final missions of the game are not remotely up to the standards of the earlier parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Yeah. The ending cinematics and boss battles are cool, but the final missions of the game are not remotely up to the standards of the earlier parts.
    This is very much due to the devs running out of funds before they got to do more than set up the basic structure of the final couple of missions.

Yeh that much was obvious.

The latter part of Bloodlines drops it from legendary category two steps down into the very good category. That, and the awful stealth gameplay.
    Still, I'm very much looking forward to this new game!

I kinda wish they were working on a HD Director's Cut Remaster of the original alongside this, a re-release that ironed out those remaining few niggles particularly in the final section of the game.

Yeah, melee was clunky, stealth was half-broken, and the latter game was a bit of a slog with tedious combat and parts that were unnecessarily hard. It probably would have been better to just cut out the unfinished levels.

But it was still a great game in spite of it all, with good RPG design and great dialogue.

I'm excited. Who would have thought we'd have sequels to SS2 and Bloodlines in development at the same time?

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    I kinda wish they were working on a HD Director's Cut Remaster of the original alongside this, a re-release that ironed out those remaining few niggles particularly in the final section of the game.
    That's basically what the fan patch is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast