TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122
Results 526 to 530 of 530

Thread: T2Fix: An Unofficial Comprehensive Patch for Thief 2

  1. #526
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Subtitle problems have recently been discussed in this thread. There are various methods of disabling them, also depending on what exactly is the problem with these subtitles.

  2. #527
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    To disable the subtitles while keeping them installed, all you need to do is open cam_ext.cfg with any text editor and either place a semicolon before the "enable_subtitles" configuration variable or simply remove it instead. It should be located near the end of the file.

    Concerning your other issue, are you able to replicate it in both fullscreen and windowed mode? Also, to clarify, does this only occur when running the game at your display's native resolution?

  3. #528
    New Member
    Registered: Feb 2014

    question

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    To disable the subtitles while keeping them installed, all you need to do is open cam_ext.cfg with any text editor and either place a semicolon before the "enable_subtitles" configuration variable or simply remove it instead. It should be located near the end of the file.
    Thank you, that worked

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    Concerning your other issue, are you able to replicate it in both fullscreen and windowed mode? Also, to clarify, does this only occur when running the game at your display's native resolution?
    Yes, but I think that this is not too bad, maybe it is a problem of my monitor.
    I have another question where I am not sure if this has anything to do with the patch. When in-game anything is displayed on the screen, for example when I use the sword, when I quicksave, or when I pick up an item, the game gets a little bit brighter for a few seconds. That is quite annoying. Does anybody has experience with this problem?

  4. #529
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    T2Fix complaining about a non-program files location; https://steamcommunity.com/app/21174...4039549499136/

    shouldn't this only happen if program files are detected? guy has C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ which should be fine as far as I can tell.

  5. #530
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    Yes, that message should only present itself if a location under one of the program files directories is chosen. It should certainly not appear with that path. This check should always be accurate, as it just compares the selected path to the system-provided program files locations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyblock View Post
    I have another question where I am not sure if this has anything to do with the patch. When in-game anything is displayed on the screen, for example when I use the sword, when I quicksave, or when I pick up an item, the game gets a little bit brighter for a few seconds. That is quite annoying. Does anybody has experience with this problem?
    I do not recall having heard of this sort of issue before, unfortunately. It is probably not related to NewDark or T2Fix, but you may want to ensure that your video drivers are recent and perhaps see if you can replicate the issue on a different display.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •