TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: [Release] Thief Gold ESRGAN Movies [HD 1080p]

[Release] Thief Gold ESRGAN Movies [HD 1080p]

Link to youtube playlist with all the videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2t...RgxLmuu9w6raSs

Finally upscaled all the Thief Gold videos to 1080p using different ESRGAN models.
    Result not always looks good, but there is nothing I can do, original movies were too small and too jaggy.

Link to file share:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/JxsZ/5LZcNDQi7

Files are in AVI container in x264/mp3 format. You could even use them ingame, but the engine will downscale them to 640x480 anyway, so I suggest using special version for game purposes.

Videos were cleaned of the jpeg artefacts using special ESRGAN model. After that they were twice upscaled using manga109 ESRGAN model.
    After that downscaled to 1080p, fps was converted using Avisynth plugin. After that videos were slightly filtered in Avisynth for better compression.

Version 2 released. Link is the same.
    Changes: sound was remastered by iTaffer (aka musictaffer) for this release. Previously sound was remastered by Child of Karras. Also both INTRO and CREDITS sound was taken from Eric Brosius lossless soundtrack. Video is unchanged. DEATH and SUCCESS movies still use Child of Karras versions of the sound.
    Also I placed non-compressed audio in FLAC next to video files. So anyone can make an MKV file by mixing AVI and FLAC in MKVToolNix. In case you want the best quality.
    Last edited by Akven; 12th Nov 2019 at 16:36. Reason: V2

akven thank you so much those videos are amazing,great to see them on youtube

AKA H3H3
    Holy shit. I haven't checked the ESRGAN scene (or anything Thief-related) in a while but it's nice to see that this project has come so far. Good effort, dude.

B10.avi

B10.avi - can you tell me where is it?

It is some internal Thief numeration features. There was no B10.avi in original Thief

My bad - missed B10
    Reuploaded it to youtube and cloud

Version 2 released. Link is the same.
    Changes: sound was remastered by iTaffer (aka musictaffer) for this release. Previously sound was remastered by Child of Karras. Also both INTRO and CREDITS sound was taken from Eric Brosius lossless soundtrack. Video is unchanged. DEATH and SUCCESS movies still use Child of Karras versions of the sound.
    Also I placed non-compressed audio in FLAC next to video files. So anyone can make an MKV file by mixing AVI and FLAC in MKVToolNix. In case you want the best quality.
    Also audio/video synchronization was fixed in B01, B18, CREDITS and INTRO.
    Last edited by Akven; 12th Nov 2019 at 16:36.