TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots and Teasers

Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots and Teasers

Don't know if there's gonna be a seperate screenshot thread or not but I have a couple of pics

I'm going for a rainy Autumn city themed mission but that's all I'm giving away

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Thief II: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots and Teasers

Contest participants, feel free to post screenshots and teasers of your masterpiece-in-progress in this thread! If you want to share some screenshots but plan to remain anonymous, you can send the screenshots to me, skacky or Brethren and one of us will post them on your behalf.

SneakyGuy101: Looking good!! However I feel the wait for all these great missions is going to kill me! haha

I'm having mission withdrawal already from the last contest!!!
    pwl

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    I have a couple of pics
    Congrats for being the first to post pics! There's some nice architecture and overall mood there. However one would expect the moon - being a significant light source in the night - to affect the ambient and fog colour with a red tint. For visual consistency and even stronger atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Congrats for being the first to post pics! There's some nice architecture and overall mood there. However one would expect the moon - being a significant light source in the night - to affect the ambient and fog colour with a red tint. For visual consistency and even stronger atmosphere.
    Hmm good idea, I never thought of that

I basically copy pasted the sky settings from the OM “Masks” but now that you mentioned changing the tint I’ll do that too

Absolutely great. I am already looking forward to it

Looks fantastic SneakyGuy101, looking forward to it!

I slave away, one building at a time

SneakyGuy101, a rainy autumn city sounds wonderful! You should play Skacky's Endless Rain FM for some inspiration .

Psych0sis, looks pretty cool! I have enjoyed playing your TDP contest mission, it was simple but neat. Good luck!

This thread is definitely the best that can happen right now - I think everyone is really waiting for the T2 contest missions to be out, but that's far far away. So let's see pretty screenshots until then!

1 month down, 11 more to go

Lookin' good there, Psych0sis!

Looking attractive Psych0sis. I would add some more information to the wall in front of the chapel (the wall with one lamp)

Don't have much, but here are some pics.

Note: These areas are subjected to change.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Don't have much, but here are some pics.

Note: These areas are subjected to change.
    If it werenīt for some textures itīd look exactly like a Thief1 mission to me.
    It reminds me of Events in Highrock or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Looking attractive Psych0sis. I would add some more information to the wall in front of the chapel (the wall with one lamp)
    Thanks dude . I ran out of time to put anything there before I had stuff to do, so I just left it blank for the time being. I told most people I shared it with to just ignore that wall haha

Looking really good Gort, there's alot of dynamic in the last picture

love the lighting in windows i hope to get close to some and hear stuff from music,people talking,chanting/etc

Lighting on some areas isn't final, but should go to show what's coming along here (ever so slowly )

Looking sweet my dude!

Thief 2 cityscapes; there is definitely a different feel to them compared to Thief 1’s. Heck just think back to all of the T2 city FMs.

Clean/well-kept and orderly vs the dirty grunge of chaotic twisty avenues in T1. Hmmm... I see a pattern.

I guess I should post some stuff here.

Currently I'm working on two missions, the first of which is a sequel to my TDP20 mission. Order of the Dew 2 is still pretty early in development with only two small areas completed. This is planned to be a pretty tight and short city.

The second mission is a sort of speed build. My initial plan for it was purely as practice and experimentation with creating more open and vertical cities. 2 days work in I think I can be pretty happy with how it's gone.

I have exams at the moment so I'm not gonna get much of a chance to work on either of these for a few weeks which is why I thought I'd share what I have now

looks great

2 days? Is that 16 hours, 48 hours of actual work or just the work done in a 2 day period?

Looks amazing! Really impressed by how much you got done in such in a small window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast