TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Stranding (PS4) - Hideo Kojima

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Death Stranding (PS4) - Hideo Kojima

Famed video game designer Hideo Kojima is currently making this for the PlayStation 4 home console. Death Stranding tells the tale of a dedicated courier. Even in the face of an Eldritch apocalypse, the parcels must reach their destination.

Chakat sex pillow
    I dunno, Mirror's Edge in a Lovecraftian New England still sounds better than the incoherence that is Death Stranding's trailers so far. I love Kojima, but he's got to stop teasing this game with trailers that are a barrage of non sequiturs. Unless he means for them to be Brechtian theatre somehow.

I'm going to be honest, this trailer made me less interested in the game.

Moderator and Priest
    These trailers are interesting in that they give you the sense that they're based upon a coherent, possibly pretty interesting plot, but the way they're showing you unrelated bits and pieces of it drives you up the damn wall. It's like a story presented to you entirely in medias res.

For now, I'm gonna assume it's about some magic baby delivery service, and the magic babies are destined to save the world from destruction, so long as they're delivered on time.

This trailer makes me want to play it NOW. Definitely going to preorder.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I like games about delivering things, but I'd like it better if he was in a truck. It could be a hover-truck, to stick with the sci-fi theme. I don't know, Kojima, ya might've dropped the ball on this one!

What, the hover-trucks following Walking Dead man not enough for ya!?!

Level 10,000 achieved
    If he was sitting on one of them I'd give it a pass, but as it is I can not condone this. Hopefully there will be mod support. I believe with a bit of tweaking this could be the grimdark Postman Pat reboot we've all be clamouring for.

Baby Battle Royale!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    grimdark Postman Pat reboot
    I did not know I wanted this, now I want this.

Golden moments...

(The grimdark part being that I never managed to deliver a single fucking letter...)

Moderator and Priest
    If I had the chance to play that as a kid, it would've ended up as one of my favorite games ever.

Looks safer than being a paperboy. That doesn't even require a gritty reboot:

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Golden moments...
    Despite having a C64 I only ever played it on a friend's Amiga 500. I see both versions had the themetune on a constant loop. I guess that's one way to solve the problem of having no actual soundeffects in the game.

Moderator and Priest
    This is the only time I think I've ever seen a C64 port of a game have better music than the Amiga.

I'm finding it hard to get my head around why there would be a job market for couriers going by foot in a world that appears to have a lot of very advanced tech.

Moderator and Priest
    Cuz magic babies have gentle constitutions.

I thought they said there would be vehicles available in the game. Maybe there are places those vehicles can't reach or get stomped on.

I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan and a Silent Hill fan, but while intrigued, I'm still not sure what to make of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    This is the only time I think I've ever seen a C64 port of a game have better music than the Amiga.
    Have a listen to the music in "The Last Ninja" if you've not before. The music in that is some of my favorite videogame music of all time.

I was just thinking it was about time they made a cyber-pregnant Daryl Dixon schlepping shit around a desolate wraith world walking sim.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Have a listen to the music in "The Last Ninja" if you've not before. The music in that is some of my favorite videogame music of all time.
    That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. I haven't heard that before but it bought back such great memories from that era.

Game was Dark Souls level hard. I only got past the first level on a few occasions. That music though. Better than anything I heard in games for a long time after. The SID chip was capable of some amazing stuff.

I liked The Last Ninja, but I thought that The Last Ninja 2 was an improvement in almost every regard. Also very good music.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast