TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dromed - Selecting all objects completely in an area

Dromed - Selecting all objects completely in an area

Hey, folks!

I'm looking for a way to select all objects completely in an area. Is this possible?
    I know you can multibrush but that selects objects that are only partially in an area aswell.

Thanks!

Just objects? Or do you mean terrain too?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking but I will say, the only way to select many things at once is to make an area bruch that engulfs the area you want to select and hit "multi-brush me"

What is your end goal?

What: Everything, objects, rooms, brushes, etc..
    End goal: I need to copy parts of my mission to another place.

I know of this method but this method selects brushes that are only partially inside the area too.

Oh, I thought if more than 50% of the item is in the area brush it comes along too. Maybe less, if you say so. But honestly, just delete what you don't need in the new mis/cow when you import it. I don't think there is something more precise unless you go on a shift-click hunt the extra you want having purposely made a smaller area brush than needed.

Remember also, there is a time signature, so when you delete it goes to the next so on and so forth. If you manage to make the bulk of items you don't want in close by in time you can delete all the items you don't want a little more controlled. Best wishes.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    There's no way to be more precise than what is touched by the multibrush when you do multi-brush-me. I just get it as best I can and then hold down Shift and deselect the brushes I don't want included before I copy/save to file/whatever.