TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: AngelLoader 1.4.8 (upd. 2021/01/25)

Ratings are in the Rating=(some number) lines. But I should note that, for efficiency reasons, any field which has a blank or default value is not written out to the FMData.ini file. So if an FM has a rating of 0-10, say 5 for example, it will say Rating=5, but if the rating is -1 (unrated) it won't have a Rating= line at all.

Hi Fen, my updated spanish translation for version 1.4.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pG...Y6ND1nwDVnRjSG

Cheers

AngelLoader v1.4.1 is out.

Minor tighten-up and bugfix release.

Changelog:

-Readme files are now run through a character encoding detector before being loaded, so broken characters (eg. "procuré" instead of "procuré") should never - or at least extremely rarely - appear now.
    -Fixed-width font is now the default for plaintext readmes, if it isn't already set.
    -startmis.sav is now excluded from differential ("All changed files") backups, matching FMSel's behavior.
    -Both '\' and '/' path separators are now properly handled everywhere.

Fixes:
    -Fixed: FM added dates wouldn't be cached in the data file.
    -Fixed: Author filter didn't take highlighted recent FMs into account.
    -Fixed: Left and right arrow images on buttons were being drawn slightly incorrectly.

---

Looking towards the future, here are some major things on my wish list (but not implemented yet):
    -Ability to select multiple FMs at once, so you can perform one operation on many (eg. setting "Finished on Expert" to multiple at once, or even install/uninstall multiple at once).
    -Ability to delete selected FM(s) from disk (this has been requested a couple times).
    -Better support for running on Linux. It will still require Wine/Mono/whatever-it-is-people-use for the foreseable future, but performing some testing and tweaking to make sure it can run as best as it can is something I'd like to do.
    -Optional auto-update functionality, so people don't have to keep coming back here and doing the whole manual rigamarole. I'll make it optional and as unintrusive as possible. The main roadblock is just switching fenphoenix.com over to https for future-proofing, so I can have a permanent auto-update URL that all AngelLoader versions can check.

Hey, Fen.

First of all, thank you for all your efforts in AngelLoader.

I translated AngelLoader into Turkish.

It's ready.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUz...ew?usp=sharing

Added. Thank you very much!

maybe i'm doing something stupid, but i can't get past the Initial Settings screen... down in the lower right i get a message "Some paths are invalid" when i press the ok button...

my paths are
    C:\Games\Thief1\Thief.exe
    C:\Games\Thief2\Thief2.exe

i try to keep the install paths as simple as possible to avoid problems...

i have quadruple checked that i am selecting the right exes and the right paths for thief 1 and thief 2...

i don't have Thief 3 or System Shock 2 installed so I leave those blank... i'm also not using Steam in any way so i leave that blank too... do i have to put something in those empty fields to get AngelLoader to work?

You need to put an FM backup path (that's a path where it will put save/screenshot backups of FMs you uninstall). Also, if it says some paths are invalid then it should highlight what it thinks are invalid paths in red. Is it highlighting one of your game paths in red?

i started my post with "maybe i'm doing something stupid" but i guess i should have started with "i'm obviously doing something stupid"...

i just didn't scroll down to see all the fields... so i had not put in the various fm paths... d'oh!

probably does not mean much coming from a bimbo like me but AngelLoader is amazing! i wish i had started using it earlier... i can't believe i was able to import all my comments, finished checkmarks, and saves from both darkloader and newdarkloader and everything just works...

i love having t1 and t2 missions on different tabs in the same loader like darkloader... and i love how i can tab back to the loader to write comments in the comment text field... newdarkloader didn't allow that... it's all i missed in darkloader with a new and improved fmsel backend!1! you rock fenphoenix!!

You're very welcome!

Fen , no matter what I do , Heart and Soul from TDP20AC is launching as a Thief 2 game, I thought I could go in to the setting file and change it to Thief 1, but when I relaunch the program , it rescans it as Thief 2 , any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Fen , no matter what I do , Heart and Soul from TDP20AC is launching as a Thief 2 game, I thought I could go in to the setting file and change it to Thief 1, but when I relaunch the program , it rescans it as Thief 2 , any ideas?
    Nevermind, I re downloaded it and it works, I guess the FM zip got corrupted.

That's good to hear. The only way I can think off the top of my head why AngelLoader would misdetect a T1 mission as T2 on startup like that is if you had it installed in your Thief 2 installed FMs folder. That's the only time AL makes an assumption about game type. If it didn't make that assumption then you'd end up with FMs whose game is detected right but which are installed in the wrong game's folder and so when you go to play them you would just get the original missions and that would be even more confusing probably. So if that happens for anyone else, check to make sure your FM is installed in the correct game's folder. If not, try moving it over and restart AngelLoader.

In case anyone finds this issue for themselves. I had a corrupted ZIP file for a mission and once Angel fails to read it, it will no longer want to show that fan mission by that ZIP file name. Case in point I replaced the ZIP file and it still didn't show up in Angel because the FMData.ini had
    [FM]
    MarkedScanned=True
    Archive=HoC2-the_dragons_claw.zip
    InstalledDir=HoC2-the_dragons_claw
    Title=HoC2-the_dragons_claw
    Game=Unsupported
    DateAdded=5E724B1C
    HasResources=NotScanned
    It makes sense, if it has no data why show it. But to fix, you have to delete the entry in the INI file and save the INI file. Now Angel will show the FM and of course it will install etc...

Love using it so far.

You can also just click the Show FMs marked as "Unsupported game or non-FM archive" button at the top, and then re-scan the FM:

Gorgeous, thank you Fen. I think I assumed that button did something else. Wow, turns out I have others when turning that on. Thanks again!

Thank you FenPhoenix for your loader.

But there are some (older) FMs for Thief 2 that don't load properly. After installation, it's the first OM (Running interference) that is.... running.
    OM Title is in english, goals are in french.

I've got the french Thief 2 version installed with T2fix V1.27a (don't know if it matters)

For instance : Bloody Ruins ==> not launching whereas Coterie of smokers and Abysses are OK.
    (had downloaded again Ruinen.zip to check if my zip is corrupted or not, but same problem)

Another FM like "Horreur à Saint-Urbain" : same problem.

Older mission like The 7Th Crystal is running fine.

Haven't tried with FMselect.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
    Last edited by Stefan_Key; 7th May 2020 at 20:58.

Stefan_key are you sure you are using 1.4.1? I had issues like this with 1.4.0.

I just did some testing with Bloody Ruins. It doesn't load right with FMSel either. The problem seems to be that the FM doesn't contain the file missflag.str (which normally should be in the strings folder). The file basically tells the game which .mis file(s) to load in what order. I created a missflag.str manually and placed it in [Thief 2 folder]\FMs\[Bloody Ruins folder]\strings . I ran the FM again and this time it loaded up correctly.

Try creating missflag.str in the abovementioned folder and pasting the following into it, then playing the FM:

Code:
    // Valid mission flags
    //
    // skip         This mission doesn't exist; it should be skipped.
    // no_briefing  Skip the briefing movie
    // no_loadout   Skip the loadout
    // cutscene     Play a cutscene immediately afterward
    // end          End the game when this mission is completed
    // 

miss_1: "skip"
    miss_2: "skip"
    miss_3: "skip"
    miss_4: "skip"
    miss_5: "skip"
    miss_6: "skip"
    miss_7: "skip"
    miss_8: "skip"
    miss_9: "skip"
    miss_10: "skip"
    miss_11: "skip"
    miss_12: "skip"
    miss_13: "skip"
    miss_14: "skip"
    miss_15: "skip"
    miss_16: "skip"
    miss_17: "skip"
    miss_18: "skip"
    miss_19: "no_briefing, no_loadout, end"
    T̵h̵e̵ ̵w̵e̵i̵r̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵I̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵y̵e̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵s̵ ̵m̵i̵s̵s̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵m̵y̵s̵e̵l̵f̵ ̵b̵a̵c̵k̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵M̵a̵r̵c̵h̵ ̵2̵0̵1̵7̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵w̵o̵r̵k̵e̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵n̵,̵ ̵s̵o̵ ̵s̵o̵m̵e̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵N̵e̵w̵D̵a̵r̵k̵ ̵m̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵c̵h̵a̵n̵g̵e̵d̵.̵ ̵I̵t̵ ̵m̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵u̵s̵e̵d̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵a̵b̵l̵e̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵f̵a̵l̵l̵b̵a̵c̵k̵ ̵c̵o̵r̵r̵e̵c̵t̵l̵y̵ ̵i̵f̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵d̵i̵d̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵f̵i̵n̵d̵ ̵m̵i̵s̵s̵f̵l̵a̵g̵.̵s̵t̵r̵ ̵b̵u̵t̵ ̵n̵o̵w̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵c̵a̵n̵'̵t̵.̵ ̵W̵e̵i̵r̵d̵.̵ ̵A̵n̵d̵ ̵u̵n̵f̵o̵r̵t̵u̵n̵a̵t̵e̵ ̵:̵(̵
    See post below for explanation!
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 8th May 2020 at 03:39.

Okay, I've been testing NewDark versions all the way back to 1.23 so far and none of them work with the missing missflag.str file. But I'm looking at the NewDarkLoader source code right now and it looks like NDL actually creates a missflag.str file if it doesn't exist when it goes to play the FM. So that's why it worked for me - I was using NewDarkLoader back then. WELL PLAYED R Soul and incredibly embarrassing for me . I'll add this feature right away.

EDIT: Looks like DarkLoader does it too. So it's just one of those FM errors that our loaders have been patching over for us all these years. I can't believe I missed this. My consolation has to be that at least FMSel missed it too so I'm not entirely alone.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 8th May 2020 at 02:40.

AngelLoader v1.4.2 is out.

An important release fixing a longstanding problem (actually an FM error that DarkLoader and NewDarkLoader have just been silently correcting all these years but that I had no idea about). See changelog for details.

Changelog:

Features:
    -FM archives can now be deleted from disk by either pressing Delete while the FMs list is focused, or by selecting "Delete FM archive" from the FM context menu. You'll be asked for confirmation.

Fixes:
    -Fixed: Some missions would not play correctly (you would get the stock Running Interference) due to a missing missflag.str file. This file is now automatically generated if it's missing. Matches DarkLoader and NewDarkLoader. FMSel doesn't do this though, which must be my consolation prize. But Le Corbeau might wanna consider also doing this, cause otherwise a bunch of older missions won't work with FMSel.
    -Fixed: When scrolling the mousewheel over comboboxes, sometimes the scroll wouldn't take, or the FMs list would scroll instead.
    -Fixed: When a filter textbox was focused and the mouse was over the FMs list, the Home and End keys would scroll the FMs list to the top and bottom. Now, they move the cursor to the start and end of the focused filter textbox in this case. When a filter textbox is focused, you can press Escape to return focus to the FMs list.
    -Fixed: If all columns were hidden, AngelLoader could throw an unhandled exception.

Other:
    -When refreshing the FMs list from disk, your previous selection is now kept if possible.
    -Improved title detection for Thief 3 and System Shock 2 FMs.
    -On Settings window error, it will now scroll to the relevant field (example, if the backup path is invalid, it will scroll to the backup path textbox so you can see the red highlight).
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 8th May 2020 at 05:50.

Also, R Soul, if I ever snark at your loader again, link me to this post.

Thank you so much, FenPhoenix! It works perfectly now!

You showed your expertise once again!

Fen, is it okay to drag drop over Config.ini, and FMData.ini, or is that not necessary to keep info on completed FMs?

You shouldn't have to touch those files. Just extract the new version to the same folder as the old and neither of those files will be overwritten (and don't overwrite them, because they store everything).

Config.ini is app settings and FMData.ini is FM information (titles, authors, completed states, ratings, comments, etc. etc. etc.)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast