TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AngelLoader v1.6.5 (upd. 2022/06/22)

I was thinking Fen probably already implemented the Mods requests, and sure enough!

It all works perfectly here and will be very useful, many thanks Fen!

Hi Fen,

Here is the updated to 1.6.1 spanish translation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_Q...ew?usp=sharing

Chreers.

Have really appreciated AngelLoader as it made it so easy to migrate from using DarkLoader as it imported all my old comments... and that was back with AL v1.01/1.09. Thanks Fen !

Is there a way to clean up the data file, as I have 30-40 "FMs" listed when I press the "Show Unavailable FMs" button. They definitely don't exist and looking at some of my comments against the FMs, it's FMs I'd removed back in the DarkLoader days. Would like to clean it up, 'cos I suspect it's occasionally causing AL to crash when I try to re-order the FMs, eg from "Installed" to "Archive" as for a couple of "FMs" there is no "archive" name.

Tonight I updated from v1.5.4 to v1.6.1 on Win 7 x64 and tried adding a comment to a FM, including a blank line by pressing Enter / Return key and no blank line appears. Anyone else experiencing that? And / or is there a setting change I need to make? Thnx.

Yeah the enter key not working is a bug with 1.6.0/1.6.1 I just fixed... sorry about that... I'll get a new version out asap.

I can replicate the crash on sort by archive when there's a blank one. Wow, I wonder how long that's been there? Maybe since the beginning? How vexing... well, I'll get on that too. Thanks for the reports!

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Yeah the enter key not working is a bug with 1.6.0/1.6.1 I just fixed... sorry about that... I'll get a new version out asap.
    I had a laugh with this one... in a past era working in IT it's the sort of thing we'd do to keyboards... oh, and swapping alpha keys around. AL had the last laugh on me !

I can replicate the crash on sort by archive when there's a blank one. Wow, I wonder how long that's been there? Maybe since the beginning? How vexing... well, I'll get on that too. Thanks for the reports!
    I started having "order/sort by" crashes with AL v1.5.4, just hadn't got round to posting - apologies for that. If it happened in earlier versions, AL handled it gracefully... or somehow I've added more data corruption to AL's data file than what was introduced via AL 1.0.1/1.0.9 import of my darkloader data file.

Thanks for all your work.

AngelLoader v1.6.2 is out.

Changelog:

Features and improvements:
    • Added "Disable all" button to the mods tab. This actually just disables all mods that are not marked "important", so it's safe, unlike the old "Disable all mods" checkbox from past versions.
    • Added ability to enable/disable mods when playing games without FMs.

Fixes:
    • Fixed Enter key was being blocked from registering in most places
    • Fixed "Patch & Customize" tab wasn't changing its state when an FM was installed or uninstalled, until the FM was re-selected
    • Fixed Thief 2 Multiplayer button could in certain cases be shown at the wrong position in the game buttons set
    • Fixed crash when sorting by Archive when at least one FM's archive is blank

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack16 View Post
    I had a laugh with this one... in a past era working in IT it's the sort of thing we'd do to keyboards... oh, and swapping alpha keys around. AL had the last laugh on me !
    This bug was caused by a line that was supposed to block input to the FMs list when Enter was pressed, so that it wouldn't cause the selection to move down one row after doing the thing it was supposed to do (play an FM). But the input blocking line was outside the if(FMs list is focused) block so it blocked Enter everywhere. Whoops...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack16 View Post
    I started having "order/sort by" crashes with AL v1.5.4, just hadn't got round to posting - apologies for that. If it happened in earlier versions, AL handled it gracefully... or somehow I've added more data corruption to AL's data file than what was introduced via AL 1.0.1/1.0.9 import of my darkloader data file.
    The code that caused the bug has been in there forever, but I suppose it's possible something else could have been masking the bug and it got revealed at some point. Not sure. But anyway, it's fixed now!

To your question about cleaning out the database, there's no way to do it currently (short of going into FMData.ini and cleaning it out manually) but as you can see here I've been meaning to add a database manager for a while now. I'll make that the next thing on the list.

AngelLoader v1.6.3 is out.

Fixed: the mods checklist would never be re-enabled after being disabled (this happened if the FMs list was ever blank, or if you pressed home/end on the list)

AL is getting to a complexity level where I'm really starting to miss things in the combinatorial explosion of logic paths. Ugh.

Still, after the inevitable flurry of ten billion patch versions, at least we usually get a few months of stability afterward, right...?
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 25th May 2022 at 22:37.

Got it and thanks for the work.

Excellent! Thank you Fen!

AngelLoader v1.6.3 is out.
    Thank you Fen for all your "flurry"; v163 up and running. Cheers BJ

Missed 1.6.2, but 1.6.3 works great on both 7 and 10, as far as I can tell. I like the way you implemented mod management for the original games. It feels like it was there all along!

I really appreciate the flurry of updates and the surprisingly quick turnaround on the mod management enhancements.

Thanks, Fen!

Thanks I'm just sorry for the translators... I appreciate your work! Sorry for giving you more all the time!

Thanks I'm just sorry for the translators... I appreciate your work! Sorry for giving you more all the time!

Ok, here is Updated spanish 1.6.3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Mu...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you very much

Fen!

I've been using AngelLoader for a while now. It's a very nice program.

I have a suggesion about Dromed:
    It would be nice to allow the user to specify their own Dromed filename for each game. Having ThiefG\Dromed.exe and Thief2\Dromed.exe can cause some inconvenience because Windows remembers the last folder that "something.exe" used when selecting a file to open, but it doesn't use the full path to the program, just the short filename.
    In my case, I've renamed Dromed in my TG folder to DromEdTG.exe, but this means AngelLoader will not find it. There's no uniform way to rename Dromed, so I'd recommend a text field or file selector.

Good suggestion, I'll add that in.

Having given it some thought, I could use a heuristic to better detect the editor executable:

Code:
    for each exe in game folder
      if (exe product name contains "DromEd" or "ShockEd") OR (exe filename contains "DromEd" or "ShockEd")
        exe is the editor
      else
        no editor found
    *product name can be seen by right-clicking an exe -> Properties -> Details tab -> Product name field

That matches DromEdTG.exe etc.

The thing is if I add a manual name option it would have to clutter the settings Paths tab, and look a bit weird with T3 not being supported and all.

Mockup (click for large):

Given reasonable autodetect, if it's still important to be able to manually specify a name, I could maybe make it an "advanced" option or something.

Best to go with the filename:

I also think an autodetect would be the cleaner option.

Yeah, my Thief 2 DromEd says "DromEd" in the product name but my SS2 ShockEd just says "System Shock 2". Hence why I thought to fall back to the file name. But I guess just using the filename full-stop would be just as good, so I'll go with that.

The new update is looking really good, Fen. I had to take a few minutes to poke around and refamiliarize myself, but otherwise, it runs smooth, I've had no glitches so far, and it's a tidy program. I'm eager to see what else you can do with AngelLoader.

AngelLoader v1.6.4 is out.

Features and improvements:
    • FMs can now be deleted from the database. This is for when they don't exist anywhere on disk but they still have an entry in the list, and you want to clean them out.
    • "Show unavailable" is now "Show only unavailable". Previously, you would have to hunt through the list for unavailable FMs, but now, they'll be the only thing in the list when this filter is enabled. This makes it much easier when you want to clear them out of the database.
    • Improved performance when pinning a large number of FMs at once.
    • More forgiving detection of game editor executables - as long as they have "DromEd" (T1/TG/T2) or "ShockEd" (SS2) somewhere in the name, they'll be found.
    • We now detect if an FM has been installed with DarkLoader, and inform the user that they need to go install the original game(s) in DarkLoader first to avoid the wrong FM being played, or an FM being played when they wanted to play the original game.
    • Aero snap behavior is now more like most other apps: Snapping, maximizing, then restoring will restore your latest un-snapped window location and size.

Fixes:
    • Fixed a logic error that could result in an index out-of-range exception when resetting temp changes in SneakyOptions.ini if no loader specifier line existed in the file on startup.
    • If you try to delete an FM that is installed but has no matching archive, a dialog box will pop up to tell you that if you uninstall the FM, it will be removed from the list. Previously, this dialog stated: "Saves and screenshots will be backed up, but any other data will not". It now states: "Saves and screenshots will be backed up if you have chosen to do so, but any other data will not". This describes the situation more accurately.

Got it. Thanks again for the work. The only complaint I have is a couple of files get picked by my antivirus. But I can live with that. I just tell norton they are ok. Thanks again!

I was afraid of that. Probably the EasyHook files, which are part of the dark mode system. Meh.

Thanks for the update Fen. Renamed Dromeds now being found.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920 LastLast