TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: AngelLoader v1.6.7 (upd. 2022/08/16)

Hi there Fen, All.

here is the spanish 1.6.4 translated ini file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3a...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks! And just minutes before I release a new version - but don't worry, there's no new text in this version

With that... a small update with a few minor bugfixes and a feature request.

AngelLoader v1.6.5 is out.

Features and improvements:
    • Network paths (eg. "\\networkpc\thief\FMs") are now supported. (thanks kek444)
    • Improved performance of differential backups ("Back up all changed files") for FMs with a large number of files (eg. TROTB2).

Fixes:
    • Readme control visibility still responded to mouse movements when mouse was over a context menu.
    • Install/Uninstall was not being disabled when some selected FMs had unknown or unsupported game types.
    • On startup, if the main window is placed offscreen such that its title bar would be inaccessible, it's now placed fully back on screen.
    • If you clicked to select an item in the Tags dropdown, it wouldn't register until you moved the mouse.
    • Ampersand characters were not being handled correctly for the Alternate Titles dropdown menu.
    • Ampersand characters were not being rendered correctly for TreeView controls (Tags list).

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Thanks! And just minutes before I release a new version - but don't worry, there's no new text in this version
    aaahahahahaha.

Got it and thanks again for all the work.

A couple of feature requests for your consideration:

"Bypass launching the game via Steam" option — Going to the AngelLoader settings and disabling Steam is rather tedious every time I want to play it offline. It might be added either as a tickbox below the play game/FM button or a right-click menu item.

"Total Time Played" — I know that the game shows how much time you have spent playing the fan mission, but how about AngelLoader keeping track of it as well? This would be useful if the player wishes to play the FM more than once.

Thank you.

I don't think AL could track play time if the game is played through Steam because then it doesn't know when the game itself starts and stops, only when Steam starts and stops. Tracking play time without Steam is possible but introduces significant complications (what if AL exits before the game does? what if the game exits and the playtime update code runs while AL is doing something else and we get into a messed up state?).

And if we can't also track play time when running through Steam, then AL and Steam's play time will both be wrong (they'll each be lacking the play time of the other).

As for a quicker Steam toggle, I could add something like that, but is there a reason you would want to switch constantly? When you say play "offline", you mean play while having no internet access so Steam doesn't work or?

I don't think AL could track play time if the game is played through Steam because then it doesn't know when the game itself starts and stops, only when Steam starts and stops. Tracking play time without Steam is possible but introduces significant complications (what if AL exits before the game does? what if the game exits and the playtime update code runs while AL is doing something else and we get into a messed up state?).

And if we can't also track play time when running through Steam, then AL and Steam's play time will both be wrong (they'll each be lacking the play time of the other).
    Hmm, I understand. You are right about that.

As for a quicker Steam toggle, I could add something like that, but is there a reason you would want to switch constantly? When you say play "offline", you mean play while having no internet access so Steam doesn't work or?
    I normally prefer to run the games via Steam, but yeah, an option for disabling Steam while having no internet access would be useful.

AngelLoader v1.6.6 is out.

The main feature is the addition of new_mantle and palette fix functionality as discussed in this thread.

Full list of changes:

Features and improvements:
    • Added some options to control new mantling:
      • On the Patch & Customize tab, there is now a checkbox where you can force new mantling on, off, or default (leave it alone) per-FM.
      • Added a setting "Use old mantling for OldDark FMs" (Settings -> Other), which does what it says. It can be overridden per-FM with the above-mentioned checkbox.
      • New mantling can also be overridden when playing without an FM, by opening the game settings (formerly game mods) dialog through the "Play without FM" area.

• A small handful of OldDark FMs use custom palettes to achieve certain effects such as monochrome or sepia tone visuals. By default, NewDark does not apply these FMs' custom palettes correctly, causing for example some objects to be full color in an FM where everything is supposed to be monochrome. AngelLoader will now fix this issue automatically for FMs that need it.
    • Note that neither the mantle mode nor the palette fix are written into fm.cfg or stored permanently, they are simply passed as options to the game upon running. Adding these options manually to the FM's fm.cfg file is fine and will not break anything.
    • 7-Zip scans (which can take a substantial amount of time) now respond much quicker to a cancel request. Previously, cancellation could only occur between FMs in the scan, but now it can occur in the middle of a single FM's scan as well.
    • Date and rating filter windows now autosize horizontally to fit their title bar text and/or OK/Cancel button text (one less thing to worry about now for translators).

Fixes:
    • Fixed: in a multi-monitor scenario, when AngelLoader was not on the primary monitor, ComboBox dropdowns would be displayed completely detached from their parent control and on the primary screen somewhere.
    • Fixed regression: FMs list duplicate-culling code was not fully ignoring duplicate FMs, they might still end up being scanned (if they weren't before) and have their tags added to the global tags list. This scenario is unlikely and causes no serious problems, but there we go.
    • Fixed if the Settings window came up on startup and dark mode was enabled, the Language group box was drawn incorrectly.
    • The "Disable all" mods button now shows its tooltip on the original game settings windows as well.
    • When uninstalling FMs, there was a brief period where the UI would still be interactable when it shouldn't have been.
    • Scan All FMs window now says "Scan selected FMs" when only scanning selected, rather than "Scan all FMs".
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 20th Jul 2022 at 13:29. Reason: clarification

Got it! Thanks again for the hard work.

It's one small step for thief, one giant leap for thiefkind!

Fen:

The 1.6.6 spanish file updated.

Thanks for your great work.

Thanks, but... I don't see a link

I currently have AngelLoader 1.4.7 and it works ok. Can someone point me in the right direction to install this version because it's not wanting to work and crashes when trying to install. Also, with version 1.4.7 when I try to start Dromed it gives an error messages saying that "AngelLoader is the loader for this game" Dromed was working a year ago when I started using it again but then stopped but I can't remember what mission I installed through AngelLoader that caused the Dromed issue. So yeah, I got a couple things going on. Also, I have FMselect installed for playing TG and TG FM's.

Could you be more specific when you say it "crashes during install"? "Installing" AngelLoader is really just unzipping files into a folder, not really an "install" process per se.

The "AngelLoader is set as the loader for this game" message appears when:
    -AngelLoader_Stub.dll is set as the "fm selector" is cam_mod.ini (like this: "fm_selector C:\AngelLoader\AngelLoader_Stub.dll")
    AND
    -AngelLoader_Stub.dll can't find, can't read, or can't get the data it was expecting from a temp file that the main app is supposed to create before running the stub

If you're starting DromEd from within AngelLoader (ie. by clicking "Open in DromEd" from the right-click menu) then you're never supposed to see that message because it should be calling DromEd in a way that bypasses the whole cam_mod.ini thing. If you're starting DromEd from outside of AngelLoader but while it is running, then you most probably will see that message.

If you see it when running DromEd from within AngelLoader then it's a bug.

Basically, in order to interface with NewDark in the way the game expects, AngelLoader has to set itself as the "fm selector" in cam_mod.ini, but then when it closes, it resets the file back to how it was before so that FMSel (or whatever else you had before) will work again. However, if you try to start the Thief game or DromEd outside of AngelLoader when AngelLoader has set itself as the selector and has not yet exited so as to reset the file, you'll see that message as a sort of "last resort" that at least attempts to tell you what's wrong (I should probably improve the message to more explicitly say what I'm saying here). Otherwise, if it didn't pop up any dialog, then the game would just appear to not start at all - or to start without FMSel even when it was supposed to start with it - which would be more confusing (and that's what it used to do before I implemented the dialog message).
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 24th Jul 2022 at 18:27.

Yeah, just unzipping the file into a folder and setting it up the same way I did the previous versions. Also, opening Dromed through AngelLoader works whereas using the stand alone version doesn't. All works now. Thanks for the help!

Well what happens during the crash? It's Windows Explorer that crashes? What does it say?

AngelLoader was crashing because I was trying to "install" instead of just unzipping to a folder, then setting the file paths the same as the previous version. It works now that I set up the new version correctly. Dromed starts fine from the new version of AngelLoader but wasn't loading when I tried starting Dromed from a desktop shortcut.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyhj1a5pob...pture.JPG?dl=0

Okay, well as long as everything works now.

Yep, now I can open Dromed and start having fun with traditional Dromed problems!

Thanks for the updates, Fen.

Here is the updated 1.6.6 Turkish translation.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUz...ew?usp=sharing

Added, thank you

Is there any reason for not being able to right click and copy text in the "readme file window" in AngelLoader?
    I miss that, if i for example want to copy the FM title and paste it, if i want to read about the FM here.
    Yes, i'm lazy sometimes.

You can use keyboard shortcuts:

-Ctrl-C - copy
    -Ctrl-A - select all (in case you want to do that)

But yeah, there's no right-click menu because the RichTextBox control doesn't actually have one available for some reason. I could implement one manually, but the only options it could really have are the above, "Copy" or "Select All". Anything else that usually goes in the menu, "Undo", "Redo", "Cut", "Delete" etc. all have to do with editing and the textbox is not editable for obvious reasons, so, doesn't seem worth it.

EDIT: ... but I went ahead and added a menu anyway, in keeping with me saying "not worth it" and then doing it anyway
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 13th Aug 2022 at 15:22.

Thanks Fen

It's basic sales psychology, the customer HAS to say "no" internally first to assert reason and independence, then the mind opens up possibilities for a "yes".

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021 LastLast