TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021

Thread: AngelLoader v1.6.7 (upd. 2022/08/16)

AngelLoader v1.6.7 is out.

The main new addition is a feature request - mission count display for FMs.

Features and improvements:
    • Added FM mission count detection (so you can see how many missions are in a campaign). This is shown on the Stats tab as "Single mission" or "x mission campaign", and also in the new Mission Count column. The first time you start this new version, there will be a one-time scan to detect mission counts for all FMs in the database. You can cancel the scan if you want. You can always scan for mission counts manually by selecting Main Menu -> Scan all FMs... -> Uncheck everything except the "Mission count" checkbox and click OK. Newly added FMs will also now have their mission counts detected as part of the standard new FM scan.
    • Added folder icon to "Open FM folder" menu item, for easier visual locating.
    • Improved/clarified the "AngelLoader is set as the loader for this game" message that pops up when starting a game exe outside of AngelLoader when AngelLoader has set itself as the selector and has not had a chance to reset to the old selector.
    • The readme box now has a context menu with "Copy" and "Select all".
    • In the Settings window -> Appearance section, the date format dropdowns will no longer respond to mousewheel scrolling. That way they won't constantly accidentally change value when you're trying to just scroll the window contents.

Performance:
    • When "Include subfolders" is selected for FM archive paths, finding an FM's archive file requires a full directory tree search of each specified FM archive path (to get the subfolders), which can potentially be slow. With the advent of multiple FM selection, there were several places where this directory search was being done for each FM in a batch. Now, in these situations, the search is done only once and then cached.

Fixes:
    • Sorting by rating now sorts in the order "unrated -> 0-10" rather than "0 -> unrated -> 1-10".
    • For dropdown comboboxes in dark mode, if you moved the mouse quickly over the dropdown after opening it, the text of the item your mouse moved over would erroneously be displayed in the main combobox instead of the selected item's text.
    • Fixed perf/memory-churn issue when drag-selecting a very large number of FMs, after the FM context menu had been opened at least once.
    • Fixed when middle-clicking to center the FMs list on the selected FM, if scrolling was required, the vertical scroll bar might not visually update to the new scroll position the first time.

Here is the updated 1.6.7 Turkish translation.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUz...ew?usp=sharing

whoa! Amazing! Thank you Fen!

Thanks again for all the work Fen.

Not a big deal but I have noticed that it takes missions longer to install with this latest version. I assume this is normal?

Zip or 7z missions?

Edit: Both types measure the same time taken on my end for both 1.6.6 and 1.6.7. What part of it takes longer? Is it the main part where the percentage bar goes up, is it the "Preparing to install" part, is it the restoring of backups or audio conversion part?

Does anything appear in the AngelLoader_log.txt file after an install?

Are you sure it's consistent and measurably slower? The first time a file is read from disk, it will be a lot slower than subsequent times due to Windows caching.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 29th Aug 2022 at 14:17.

Hi all,

Fen, is it possible to somehow delete duplicate missions?, I have some duplicate ones that have a different filename but they're same in size, and others that are different in size but the name is almost equal but says the same.

And a question for all: Is there some tool to convert zip files to 7zip in batch?, I fond one but it buggy.

This two elements will help us to maintain our own missions database more clean.

Thanks.

You can delete any FM from disk by pressing the delete key or choosing Delete FM from the right-click menu. There will be an option to also delete the FM from the database. If you want to delete FMs from the database that are already gone from disk, click the red X document looking button on the toolbar ("Show only unavailable FMs") and there you can see the deleted FMs that are still in the database, and you can delete them the same way as above.

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    You can delete any FM from disk by pressing the delete key or choosing Delete FM from the right-click menu. There will be an option to also delete the FM from the database. If you want to delete FMs from the database that are already gone from disk, click the red X document looking button on the toolbar ("Show only unavailable FMs") and there you can see the deleted FMs that are still in the database, and you can delete them the same way as above.
    Yes I know, I just was wondering if it could be done automatically, and so, I don't have to explore all the missions on the disk.

Just updated Spanish translation to 1.6.7.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wqt...ew?usp=sharing

Oh, then no, there's no automatic way. I can look into it. It would be easy to detect on size/hash/name indenticality. But for FMs that have different size but "almost equal" name? That would get into pattern matching/guesswork and would be harder to be sure it's guessed right.

Its just the percentage bar going slower.

Sorry, I don't know. I didn't change any of the installer code between 1.6.6 and 1.6.7, and I measure identical install speed between them on my PC. Only thing I can think of is if it's throwing a bunch of errors (install an FM and check the log file), or you moved your FMs around on the disk or filled the disk up a lot or something...

Can I suggest a feature add on for future versions... It would be nice to toggle or change certain settings in the .ini or .cfg files such as maybe a check box to enable or disable bloom in cam_ext.cfg. being able to adjust the engine easily for certain FMs would be nice.

Can I get a clue why I get this everytime I launch a mission in this latest version, never seen it before?
    "AngelLoader has detected that this game has an FM installed with DarkLoader..."

It is what it says on the tin. It's detected that there is an FM installed via DarkLoader in your Thief 2 game folder. Specifically, if it finds the file "DarkLoader.Current" in your game directory, and if that file contains an FM name and list of files, it flags it as there being an FM installed with DarkLoader. To my knowledge that's an accurate indicator.

The dialog was added in because sometimes people were coming from DarkLoader without having first uninstalled the FM that was installed with it. If you try to play the game while an FM is installed with DarkLoader, strange things can happen, like the DL-loaded FM might play instead of the original game, or instead of another FM, or possibly other related things. So I added that dialog to tell the users if this is the case so they can go into DarkLoader and uninstall the FM.

If you've never seen the dialog before, you must either have just upgraded from a version prior to 1.6.4, or were using DarkLoader with that game folder recently. It's supposed to be self explanatory - open DarkLoader and "install" the original games with it. Did that not work? Do you not have DarkLoader installed so you can't open it up? If that's the case, you can just delete DarkLoader.Current from your Thief 2 game directory, and if everything is working fine otherwise then great, but if that file exists and contains the abovementioned FM-related data (you can open it in Notepad to see) then you might have remnants of an old DarkLoader FM still in your game folder. Like I said if you haven't run into problems then fine, but if you ever do run into problems like the wrong FM playing or something, then you should do a clean install of Thief 2.

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    Just updated Spanish translation to 1.6.7.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wqt...ew?usp=sharing
    Don't forget to update the link Fen

I did but forgot to update the version by the link. Fixed.

Is there a way to add all the checks to the games finished when setting up new versions of AngelLoader without having to go through and manually check them off again?

New versions shouldn't be unchecking your finished states or anything else to do with your FM data whatsoever. That's stored in Data\FMData.ini which persists through version upgrades. I mean unless you straight-up deleted your old folder when you upgrade or something, but you shouldn't do that, just extract new versions to the same folder.

I dumped the latest version into the same folder and pointed it to all the same game, FM and save game folders and it works great but all the missions I had checked in the previous version are now unchecked. It's not the end of the world though.

Yeah that was weird Fen, I haven't used Darkloader in years so I had to install it , run it and set it back to the original games to clear what ever vestige it had left that was triggering the message. Gone now thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    It is what it says on the tin. It's detected that there is an FM installed via DarkLoader in your Thief 2 game folder. Specifically, if it finds the file "DarkLoader.Current" in your game directory, and if that file contains an FM name and list of files, it flags it as there being an FM installed with DarkLoader. To my knowledge that's an accurate indicator.

The dialog was added in because sometimes people were coming from DarkLoader without having first uninstalled the FM that was installed with it. If you try to play the game while an FM is installed with DarkLoader, strange things can happen, like the DL-loaded FM might play instead of the original game, or instead of another FM, or possibly other related things. So I added that dialog to tell the users if this is the case so they can go into DarkLoader and uninstall the FM.

If you've never seen the dialog before, you must either have just upgraded from a version prior to 1.6.4, or were using DarkLoader with that game folder recently. It's supposed to be self explanatory - open DarkLoader and "install" the original games with it. Did that not work? Do you not have DarkLoader installed so you can't open it up? If that's the case, you can just delete DarkLoader.Current from your Thief 2 game directory, and if everything is working fine otherwise then great, but if that file exists and contains the abovementioned FM-related data (you can open it in Notepad to see) then you might have remnants of an old DarkLoader FM still in your game folder. Like I said if you haven't run into problems then fine, but if you ever do run into problems like the wrong FM playing or something, then you should do a clean install of Thief 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I dumped the latest version into the same folder and pointed it to all the same game, FM and save game folders and it works great but all the missions I had checked in the previous version are now unchecked. It's not the end of the world though.
    You shouldn't have to manually set the game folders again either. Does it pop up the Settings window and then do the FM scan when you first use the new version? If so, it sounds like your existing Data folder is somehow having its contents deleted when the new version is extracted over the old. The AL zip does contain a Data folder with Data/Languages/English.ini as the only file, so the new Data folder will "replace" the old one, but the existing files in the old data folder are NOT supposed to end up removed during the "replace"... Example:

If your existing Data folder is like:

Code:
    Data
     -> FMData.ini
     -> Config.ini
     -> Languages
         -> English.ini
         -> French.ini
    Then when you put the new version over the old, it SHOULD be going like:

Code:
    Data
     -> FMData.ini
     -> Config.ini
     -> Languages
         -> English.ini <- this is the only file that is supposed to be replaced by the new version! Every other existing file is supposed to be left alone!
         -> French.ini
    If that's happening, that's extremely bizarre. I can't get it to happen with WinRar, 7-Zip, or the built-in Windows Explorer zip functionality on Windows 10.

Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it's really weird and not supposed to be like that. Settings and FM data are supposed to persist seamlessly through version upgrades.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 2nd Sep 2022 at 01:44. Reason: Typos/grammar

I'll have to open up the files when I get home and check it out. The important thing is that it works great as far as a loader is concerned. Also, I install things wrongly all the time so it's probably my own fault. Thanks for the tips.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021