TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AngelLoader 1.1.5 (updated 2019/10/12) - a modern DarkLoader replacement

Oops. You're right I forgot to bump the version. Apologies!

Jax: I think I know what the cause is, but I can't look right at the moment as my dev machine is booted to the other partition doing some heavy Win10 update junk. I'll get both of these sorted out as soon as I can. Thanks for catching these things!

v1.0.11 has been re-uploaded with the correct version. Nothing else is changed, so only re-download if you want to see the right version in the title bar.

As far as the rtfbox flickering, unfortunately it looks like it's caused merely by there being controls displayed on top of it (in this case the zoom / fullscreen buttons and/or the readme select dropdown). I thought it was to do with the mouseover code fiddling their visiblity around, but no, even if you just put a static button overtop then it flickers when scrolling. Sorry. :\

Ah, that's a shame. Another RTFbox feature presents itself, it seems.

I fiddled with it to some extent myself but was unable to achieve desirable results as long as the readme controls were visible over the text box. The easiest way to fix this was to move the controls somewhere off of the readme box similar to this:

Then again, as this issue is not terribly important, perhaps it is not worth such a change. Regardless, I appreciate your looking into this. AngelLoader is an excellent program and the support you have provided thus far has been stellar.

Awesome that you were able to fix the incorrect version problem. Yay!

For the record, I've discovered how to """"fix"""" the flickering: set it to use the latest rtfbox version. But of course, doing that breaks image transparency, causing transparent images within the RTF file to have solid black backgrounds. So... yeah.

Edit: I've had an idea and initial testing points to "it may work". Updates to come.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 2nd May 2019 at 14:54.

Bugfix release: v1.0.12

Fixes:
    -Fixed flickering during readme scrolling when mouse cursor was over the readme.
    -Fixed: The listed order of readme files could change when re-scanning for readmes.
    -Fixed: After re-scanning for readmes, glitchiness could occur when attempting to select a new readme from the dropdown.
    -Fixed: The selected FM's cache folder wouldn't be cleared when re-scanning for readmes.
    -Fixed: When the readme chooser OK button was clicked, there was no check to make sure an item was actually selected.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for updating again.

Italian translation for the next update.
    Changelog v1.0:
    -When Garrett speaks he now moves his hands a lot.
    -Garrett's cloak is now tailored.

Italian.ini

I'm using v1.0.12 and it's good for playing missions. "Open mission in DromEd" works fine for T2 missions, opening DromEd Final 1.26. But for Thief Gold missions it opens the old DromEd 1.37.

(NewDarkLoader opens 1.26 for both.)

Are you sure you specified the right Thief Gold folder? AL is just running "<your thief gold path>\DromEd.exe", nothing more. Try double-checking your Thief Gold path and see if you have the old DromEd in there.

Extract editor.zip from your Thief 2 root directory to your Thief 1/Gold root directory and overwrite the files in there to get Dromed version 1.26 final.

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Are you sure you specified the right Thief Gold folder?
    That was the clue - I hadn't updated dromed.exe when I changed from TFix1.26 to TFix1.26a!

However, I came across another problem which I managed to fix. Others may be interested.

I usually run at 1920 x 1080 with 150% scaling (ancient eyesight) with DromEd at 1400 x 900. Running dromed.exe by clicking on the executable brings up the DromEd window at a good size. Running it via AngelLoader gave me an oversize window with no menus visible.

I stopped this happening via dromed.exe Properties > Compatibility > Change High DPI settings and then:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	2549

ffox: I'll see if this can be done automatically by AL. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, Ramone, thanks for the Italian translation.

One more thing drives me crazy :P Size column is the only one that should be aligned to right side.
    But it's not urgent, so don't rush. It isn't something You should do at all costs or diligently in 1.0.13 :) I'm just saying :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njp3evgqbyea9gk/al.png

Also, Ramone, thanks for the Italian translation.
    glad to help. I'm not sure what 'Show junk' does, I translated it into something like "show stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Size column is the only one that should be aligned to right side.
    agree with this

You're right. "Show junk" is a developer-debug-ish term and I definitely should have called it something more clear. It means to show FMs that, after being scanned, were detected as not being FMs. Ideally you wouldn't need to show those at all, but I provided the option for two reasons:

-In the extremely unlikely case that it's scanned one archive that isn't an FM, and then you replace it with another archive with the same name that IS an FM, you'd have to be able to re-scan it. This situation basically won't happen, but because it's theoretically possible, I wanted to provide a way out of the situation.
    -The second reason is future-proofing: right now, if AL scans an FM that's for System Shock 2, it will mark it "Unsupported" and hide it from the list. If I add support for SS2 in the future (or TDM, or anything else really), you want to be able to show those "Unsupported" FMs and re-scan them so as to detect their now-supported game type.

I guess I must have called it "Show junk" instead of "Show unsupported FMs" because it could also include files that just aren't FMs at all, supported or not (thus "junk" files). However, maybe that's too OCD and "Show unsupported FMs" would be fine. Or "Show unsupported FMs and non-FMs" or something.

Changed the Size column to align right for the next version.

Edit:
    Made it more clear:

Does this look okay?
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 4th May 2019 at 09:51.

Hi Fen,
    why is it called AngelLoader? Mech inspired?

Couldn't think of a name that wasn't taken. We already had ThiefLoader, DarkLoader, GarrettLoader, and NewDarkLoader. AngelWatch was the only thing that came to mind, and I had to name the project something, so yeah. I was thinking of changing it during development but a couple people said it was fine so I shrugged and kept it. Actually several people kept calling it FenLoader, but honestly that just sounded too self-aggrandizing for my taste. Maybe I should have gone with it anyway. You just don't know sometimes, hm.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 4th May 2019 at 19:13. Reason: typo

Made it more clear:
    [IMG]http://fenphoenix.com/pics/new_show_unsupported_example.png[IMG]

Does this look okay?
    looks good

Cool. Would you mind translating just that line for me so I can update the Italian.ini file?

Cool. Would you mind translating just that line for me so I can update the Italian.ini file?
    sure Italian 1.1

Thanks a bunch.

Hi

first of all: Thank you Fen for the great work. I was one of the persons who avoided all that "fancy new stuff" and played with darkloader till this day. And except for a few very large fms I had no problems, but needed to switch to FMSel to play this ones which was really annoying. I always struggled with the overlay of FMSel and NewDarkloader. Never get used to it. Also I missed some function I had in Darkloader. But your loader really convinced me to switch.

I have only one problem, but I'm not sure if its a problem caused by Angelloader. After starting dromed and opening a mission I get the message "Can't find gamesys file." I had to open it manually. But then I get a lot of error messages that textures and models can't got loaded. Has someone an idea what the problem is?

Couldn't think of a name that wasn't taken. We already had ThiefLoader, DarkLoader, GarrettLoader, and NewDarkLoader. AngelWatch was the only thing that came to mind, and I had to name the project something, so yeah. I was thinking of changing it during development but a couple people said it was fine so I shrugged and kept it. Actually several people kept calling it FenLoader, but honestly that just sounded too self-aggrandizing for my taste. Maybe I should have gone with it anyway. You just don't know sometimes, hm.
    Ha ha, faultless
    FenLoader rolls off the tongue, but regardless thanks for your hard work.
    I'll definitely try it out sometimes this week.

So with the 30 character limit what can I do to make it work, since shortening the folder makes it unusable. for example the title TDP20AC_ An_Enigmatic_Treasure_With_A_Recondite_Discovery.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast