TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: open a safe using a code.

open a safe using a code.

so i have these buttons installed, i have the quest var trigger linked to the safe with a controdevice, but when i compose the code it won't open the safe door, ive tried using a normal door and it works. is there any way to make a safe door open using the secret in the buttons?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    You could compare your setup to those in Shipping... And Receiving. Or you could search for "combination lock" and find dozens of threads which include a tutorial on them, like this ancient post by Apache.

It's a bird!
    It's a plane!
    It's a...Search Function!!!

Southquarter.com/fms
    And oldie but a goodie:

http://southquarter.com/dromed/?p=247

It's like the great prophet Bane once said:

I swear to god, every thread it's like Cardia has only been using DromEd for a week. It boggles my mind.

The final paragraph says that the number textures' colours will be wrong (palette error). However, one of the NewDark updates has fixed that problem

A while ago I put that on the Dromesday book and made a couple of changes (including a fix for the above problem, which I've just removed since it no longer exists):
    https://dromed.whoopdedo.org/dromed/odometer

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    It's like the great prophet Bane once said:

I swear to god, every thread it's like Cardia has only been using DromEd for a week. It boggles my mind.
    I know how to set combo codes, ive use it for ages several times in my previous missions, like i said in my first post it works with doors but not with the safe door, instead of criticizing me i little help would be more kind no? have you ever helped me? No, never. Yes i see youre a very kind person. To criticize people and mock them, youre always ready, but to help no way. If i was able to have missions playable is because i had people helping me here.

Search function? for god sake i have the combo tuturial for ages, try search .combo codes for safe door and will see the results , youll have nothing.

Thank you Mike, Russ and Robin, the tuturial you showed me is the one i have except instead of "door_combo" my tuturial has "secret_code" i think i will take a look at the mission "shipping and receiving"...
    Last edited by Cardia; 9th Apr 2019 at 17:24.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Cardia - the original version of the Dromed Startpack had a working combo lock using a Safedoor, if you want to check it out. I'm not sure if you're using an actual Safe object, or just the Safedoor one.

http://www.southquarter.com/download...artpack1.0.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    @Cardia - the original version of the Dromed Startpack had a working combo lock using a Safedoor, if you want to check it out. I'm not sure if you're using an actual Safe object, or just the Safedoor one.

http://www.southquarter.com/download...artpack1.0.zip
    Thank you Mike, im using a safe model, if it was a safe door it would have worked, i even tried to link the safe using a small switch with a cd link, and it won't open. i tried using a stddoor script in the safe object, and still nothing, i will check the file you sent me

The combination lock system opens/closes doors using TurnOn/TurnOff messages. The safe green safe is a container, and they don't respond to TurnOn/TurnOff messages.

The easiest solution is to use a LockerDoor or FloorPanel objects, which are small sliding doors.

Thank you Robin , it's very likely i will use that method , i also thought about it, but just wanted to try to make the safe work.

or you can give the safe door object the "rotation" property most doors have

EDIT: Nvm i just read you're apparently using a custom safe object for... reasons? Would just be easy to make one with brushes + door
    Last edited by Psych0sis; 9th Apr 2019 at 18:28.

At least you could make a small conversation that is triggered by the correct code and have a rat frob the safe.

If you don't want the player to frob the safe just add M-FrobInert to it and then have the rat remove the metaproperty before opening the safe. Put a short 50ms delay in between the removal of the metaproperty and the opening of the safe.
    Last edited by john9818a; 10th Apr 2019 at 04:03. Reason: Corrected typo

Thank you Psych0sis and John, i end up yesterday to add a brush + door, its more simple and it works... finally i have finished my both missions, just need to adjust a couple of things and then call for betatesters...

Pychosis, it's not true when i said you haven't helped me yet, after all i found you in my credit list which means you had helped me before for my new mission, im sorry for yesterday.
    Last edited by Cardia; 10th Apr 2019 at 03:45.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    For future reference, you could also have used TrapFrobber in tnhScript to translate the TurnOn into a FrobWorldEnd message which would have opened the safe object.

Thank you Russ, that's very useful , ill keep in my for future missions.