TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: a thief idea i had was made for a doom mod

a thief idea i had was made for a doom mod

a while back ,not sure if anyone remembers i had a idea for a thin thief level that was long,basicly a single street/etc where only room for a building on each side would be allowed so once you get to end you can get maxium distance in drom ed

well check this out Linear Doom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Lm6QBz9GI

pretty much same idea but even thinner,makes me wonder how amazing a thief level would be like that but ofcouse a bit wider to have option to explore a max of one building on each side with a path in middle

what you think of link

and with my idea when you get to end of area you warp to another section of new slice to make the levels super long ,more for people who love to travel in thief
    Last edited by downwinder; 17th Apr 2019 at 23:57.

Very interesting idea. A single medieval street with buildings on either side. Have you ever played Zealot's Hollow?

You do realize that DOOM map was released as a joke right? Like, they're making fun of the idea of just moving forward with no potential of exploration.

Did I just get baited?

Damn this mod really got some GDC lessons.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Have you ever played Zealot's Hollow?
    That was a mission for the 64 cubed contest, which pretty much makes it the polar opposite of what we're talking about here. Sure it had tight spaces, but it was very far from being a long, linear single pathway or corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    That was a mission for the 64 cubed contest, which pretty much makes it the polar opposite of what we're talking about here. Sure it had tight spaces, but it was very far from being a long, linear single pathway or corridor.
    That was I think Aemanyl's sarcasm ;) This stright-ahead-forward... thing.. would be waste of DromEDers effort and total waste of their time to build, test and release such monstrosity :) I dont't mind such thing somewhere in the middle of some mission when player need to cross some oddity in another dimension (in his mind or something - maybe he's dying and walking straight in the direction of light, fighting some obstacles) but whole mission like that?
    Last edited by Mat99; 18th Apr 2019 at 15:38.

i remember now brethren knew about my past idea

also just though of a way to make it a bit more interesting,at the end of each lane you get a choice on path b and c,you started on path a

then as you end each lane you get to pick 2 paths ,kinda a choose your own adventure but on a thinner map so you can get mass distance,replay would be way more also less work to complete a map as its thin,could start out a city/town street,into a tunnel/cave/etc for each option can be a different theme,yes game play is linear but its more about seeing everything so nothing was missed on maps and replay to see all the different paths

i think a time travel theme could be good and lots of other theme

i even mentioned once if thief had snap maps this idea i have would be perfect for that,they could be pumped out at a fast rate