TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Jokes in the Thief universe

Jokes in the Thief universe

I've been thinking a lot lately about jokes that would fit into a fantasy setting as in universe jokes, as I've been using them a lot in role playing games I've been playing. This inspired by the scene in Game of Thrones where Tryion is sharing jokes with Greyworm and Missandei. I started contemplating one that would fit right into the Thief universe, and if anyone else could think of any. Even if they aren't that funny, I still think it would be fun to think of the kind of jokes that you would hear in the taverns, mansions, guilds etc in the City. Here's what I came up with.

"Three lords walk into a tavern, Lord Rothchild, Lord Bafford, and Lord Ramirez. The barkeep tells them that they have a special dish tonight that they only serve once a year, but he will not tell them what it is. The three lords all decide to have it, and the barkeep comes up and hands each of them a plate of roasted burrick. Lord Rothchild gasps and faints at the sight, Lord Bafford grabs the burrick and eats it whole, and Lord Ramirez storms out of the tavern and orders his assassins to kill the barkeep."

Not exactly a joke, but an erotic writer overheard a certain argument between a few guards in Dayport. It inspired him to write his underground classic, "Lady Van Vernen and the stableboy"

benny denying spilling the mead on the floor,and the female bartender calling him out for the drunk lier he is,was funny to me

and being able to clean it up for a piece of loot seemed out of place for a secret