TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief and Nostalgia

Thief and Nostalgia

Greetings fellow taffers and sneaksie manfools. So, once again, I'm feeling nostalgic. The stars are shimmering brightly way up high in the sky. I have a cup of tea in my hand and I'm listening to that nostalgic loop from The Sword mission (the one that plays in the room with rose window where in turn Escape mission starts). I often feel nostalgic for the 90's and Thief is the game that embodies my nostalgia. I was browsing old TTLG threads, reading about fan missions created in 1999. I long for the simplicity and primitive beauty of textures created back then. When Thief TDP/Gold was released, the Internet was predominantly text-based. There were no social media, no memes, no YouTube videos. People didn't spend so much time glued to their phones and computers. Discussions on online forums felt more genuine. I believe that Thief was the product of these times and this is the main reason why this game is so amazing. Do you ever feel a similar form of nostalgia in relation to TDP?

Yes, I can feel you. Thief is a game which is unique. The creators of this game put much of their love and soul. We connected with them through the missions.

To me, Thief had a simple objective : to make live an unforgettable experience to the players through patience and listening. And it worked for me.

To this day, i still play OM and FM and Im still hooked in the immersion.

Envoyé de mon moto e5 play en utilisant Tapatalk

mario 64 is named that way beacuase it was on nitendo 64

edit: i like mario and moster truck

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    mario 64 is named that way beacuase it was on nitendo 64

edit: i like mario and moster truck

Indeed! And in what it is related to Thief?