TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriot: Mission 1 "Marauder"

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Believe me, i have I think i'll need a screenshot or something. I have frobbed in and around that opening for an hour now.
    Me too,you cant slash the crate either thats in it....

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    What level of difficulty do you play?
    Normal

Help. How to get to the house near church (marked with red cross) there is window open on the other side ... but I can not get into ...
    and the other red marked house with chess inside. How to figure out puzzle ?
    Very moody mission but with no clues

Beltzer, on Normal (easiest) difficulty there is nothing in the small opening below the ramp. It is not needed in that case anyway. If you are looking for the most valuable piece of loot in that house, go to the room in which you find the dead man and an open window. Crouch down, then approach the wardrobe near the door. If you look at the lower right corner of the wardrobe from just the right angle, you should see a bag below the wardrobe. That is what you are looking for.

bari, you cannot enter the house near the church through the window. The door cannot be opened either. You have to find a third entrance, and then you have to force your way through. To be more specific, there should be an opening below the ramp which is below the open window. The opening is blocked with wooden planks. Destroy them by hitting them with the sword, then climb inside. You will be in the cellar of that house, then.

Quote Originally Posted by bari View Post
    with chess inside. How to figure out puzzle ?
    Go to your FM folder. There is a folder called spoilers. Look for 8 queens.

Hi! Wow, a mission with 11 parts, thank you for your work!
    I am stuck in mission 1 (but actually have jumped to part 2, i ran out of patience...).
    So, only 50-60 loot is missing to complete this part! I was wandering around the map but nothing...

When i smash the big door with the explosive, and turn to the left at the ruined fountain, there is a guy snoring in the alley, but no openable doors, windows, accessable rooftops... Is that sound a clue or only an environmental noise?

(Edit: OK, never mind, the missing loot was the loot of Agent Jones in part 1, i have read about it here in a post. Thanks!
    loot3444/3499, secrets 4/5)

I missed 1 secret, i think it could help, could you please give clues where to find secrets?

Somewhere there is a guard patrolling on top of a brick wall. Can i get up there?

In mission 2, it was haaard, figuring out how to escape the cell. I adored the 2 guards guffawing during the conversations.

And that unique menu system, wow! Is the tune a some kind of russian pop song/hit? It sounds so russian-like.

Congratulations and thanks!
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd May 2019 at 02:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    When i smash the big door with the explosive, and turn to the left at the ruined fountain, there is a guy snoring in the alley, but no openable doors, windows, accessable rooftops... Is that sound a clue or only an environmental noise?
    Environmental as far as I know.

I missed 1 secret, i think it could help, could you please give clues where to find secrets?
    On hard/expert? I think it's the safe belonging to the sea captain. I only played on normal.

Somewhere there is a guard patrolling on top of a brick wall. Can i get up there?
    You're not supposed to. It's for show. Though you can get up there

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Beltzer, on Normal (easiest) difficulty there is nothing in the small opening below the ramp. It is not needed in that case anyway. If you are looking for the most valuable piece of loot in that house, go to the room in which you find the dead man and an open window. Crouch down, then approach the wardrobe near the door. If you look at the lower right corner of the wardrobe from just the right angle, you should see a bag below the wardrobe. That is what you are looking for.

bari, you cannot enter the house near the church through the window. The door cannot be opened either. You have to find a third entrance, and then you have to force your way through. To be more specific, there should be an opening below the ramp which is below the open window. The opening is blocked with wooden planks. Destroy them by hitting them with the sword, then climb inside. You will be in the cellar of that house, then.
    Thank you very much

Hi,

I'm in mission 1. Could someone tell me how to use the catapult. I searched the hole area, but didn't found anything to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by xx Bla xx View Post
    Hi,
    I'm in mission 1. Could someone tell me how to use the catapult. I searched the hole area, but didn't found anything to put in it.
    Have you visited the weapon shop?
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd May 2019 at 08:12.

can someone please post a lootlist for the first mission? i'm running 211 short,and it's getting kind of boring....

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    can someone please post a lootlist for the first mission? i'm running 211 short,and it's getting kind of boring....
    Hi, i sent you a PM.
    Not a complete lootlist but a few tips

and the other red marked house with chess inside. How to figure out puzzle ?
    Very moody mission but with no clues
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Go to your FM folder. There is a folder called spoilers. Look for 8 queens.
    ok, but is there a clue to find in-game? or is it something only a chess player would know?
    I hate using a solution given to me if I could have had a hint to find it myself
    easy trial and error solution: move them so none are on the same straight lines
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 4th May 2019 at 16:27. Reason: context quotes

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    ok, but is there a clue to find in-game? or is it something only a chess player would know?
    I hate using a solution given to me if I could have had a hint to find it myself
    easy trial and error solution: move them so none are on the same straight lines
    Each figure was a queen, so i think no chess knowledge was needed. I tried to find a sequence, here helped me how many fields do they move (but there were 2 same). Maybe a plate was too on the edge of the table, but don't remember the text on it.
    Maybe it was just so simple, maybe i missed that clue, too.
    Last edited by Cheela; 4th May 2019 at 16:57. Reason: missing spoiler tag...

Hello, maybe I am stupid but I still don't know how to enter marked house near church I have 1700 loot and think that loot in this house I neeeed much !

Clearinghouse

Patriot: Mission 1 "Marauder"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main Patriot thread.

Hi, i sent you a PM.
    Not a complete lootlist but a few tips
    Thx Cheela,that helped for some of them,there were a few i already found...but now i am still 136 short
    maybe i'm doing something wrong? i played thief from the early beginning (1998).....never had this before, very strange...why would you stuff the loot in the most impossible places....
    maybe i'm gonna pass on this one and hope someone will post a lootlist in the nearby future.
    Last edited by griswold; 6th May 2019 at 05:19.

I still don't know how to enter marked house near church I have 1700 loot and think that loot in this house I neeeed much !
    I wrote the solution in post #29. Did you see it? If you did, please tell us what went wrong - did you not find the boarded up opening below the ramp, or is there another problem?

clearing, thank you for organizing the threads so that there is one per mission!

Thx Cheela,that helped for some of them,there were a few i already found...but now i am still 136 short
    maybe i'm doing something wrong? i played thief from the early beginning (1998).....never had this before, very strange...why would you stuff the loot in the most impossible places....
    maybe i'm gonna pass on this one and hope someone will post a lootlist in the nearby future.
    Hi, you are welcome
    A few days ago i made a lootlist for this mission, but still missing 45 loot, i try to send you that list as a pm.
    I don't know how to share a pdf ot do i have the right to post/share this list here.

Hi, you are welcome
    A few days ago i made a lootlist for this mission, but still missing 45 loot, i try to send you that list as a pm.
    I don't know how to share a pdf ot do i have the right to post/share this list here.
    i pm you my hotmail,that shouldn't be a problem for a pdf

i pm you my hotmail,that shouldn't be a problem for a pdf
    OK

Thank You for answer about entering to house near church ! ofcourse I found a "place" below ramp ...
    I wander because I finished mission 1 on normal and I didn't have to be in weapon shop? Is it normal ?
    Thank You Zontik for awesome mission !

Hi, could someone pls give a hint, where to find the last secret in this mission? I am searching for missing loot in 20 value, maybe there it is.

mission 1 secrets :

1. attic above storage office near gardener's house
    2. inside storage office, above the blind entrance
    3. apartment near Traverse Wall (NW from there), in a dark corner behind a tower-like house, high window
    4. grocery's house (access from lionhead tower, through the attic, go very down to the blind ending and look up for something to discover - loot high in tower
    5. next to grocery's, in the house with the self-hooked man, chest under the stairs (access: jumping onto market stand

Thank you xx Bla xx

A kind of lootlist in jpg-s (sorry for the format and for my bad english, i hope you will get along with it)
    If i don't have the proper rights to post it (it could be, i don't know), please delete links and sorry

Lootlist_1
    Lootlist_2
    Lootlist_3
    Lootlist_4

Many thanks for xx Bla xx and griswold for adding missing loot to this list!
    Last edited by Cheela; 11th May 2019 at 16:31. Reason: Lootlist added + links changed

Its in the same spot as your first secret. On the inside is a desk with a crate next to it. Above the crate is an opening with a little chest.

I wander because I finished mission 1 on normal and I didn't have to be in weapon shop? Is it normal ?
    Yes, it is possible to finish mission 1 on normal without anything from inside the weapons shop. You can get there, and you can get some equipment that helps you, but it is not needed to finish the mission on that difficulty level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast