TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriot: Mission 8 "Detective"

Clearinghouse

Patriot: Mission 8 "Detective"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main Patriot thread.

So, I'm replaying this mission and I would like to know how to trigger opening St Remy back door. I have 12 evidence. Last time I broke the mission and went to last part of city, found one more evidence and murderer. After that St Remy got magically opened. But I have no idea what trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    So, I'm replaying this mission and I would like to know how to trigger opening St Remy back door. I have 12 evidence. Last time I broke the mission and went to last part of city, found one more evidence and murderer. After that St Remy got magically opened. But I have no idea what trigger it.
    minus one clue to the task

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    minus one clue to the task
    That's stupid. I can only find 12 evidence until that moment. Anyway where is Book of Phoenix? There is 1 blue door under archer on balcony that I couldn't access. There is also house viewed via telescope north from police station, but I have no idea how to get there. Is Book of Phoenix in any of these places?

The book is in the house of the alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    The book is in the house of the alchemist.
    Wait, you want to tell me it's not just flavour house? I can see window barely opened and that's all. I don't see any way in.

@Galaer: an arrow might fit

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    @Galaer: an arrow might fit
    Thanks, I actually tried that before, but my arrows got stopped by the window. I assumed that there is invisible wall, so there was no way to shoot arrow inside. Besides, smoke makes this blind shot. But after yours hint I did it. So, I got Alchemist Book. Is that it?

Is the book of pheonix relevant in later missions?

Quote Originally Posted by xx Bla xx View Post
    Is the book of pheonix relevant in later missions?
    Read it. It has a clue for mission 9...

I went to the police station and got to the prison level. Then to the house north east of the police front door. Found a key, but cannot find any locked doors.

In this mission unnatural white rain.
    A small patch changes the transparency of the drops:Patriot_M8_Realistic_Rain

Result: https://imgur.com/nCWG6Tz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I went to the police station and got to the prison level. Then to the house north east of the police front door. Found a key, but cannot find any locked doors.
    Not until you cross the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Not until you cross the other side.
    Ok. I have no clue what to do with the whistle. Or where the money are.

The guy stayed in the hotel when arrested. Where could the money be? After knowing that, you know what to do with the whistle.

Hehe, thanks

I'm in the second part of town. As far as I understood by the other posts, I need to find 13 evidence to enter the cathedral(?).. Now I'm at 11.

Where could I find any more evidences. I'd say I was looking for in everywhere, but probably I missed something.
    So far I found the following evidences:
    1st part of the city:
    1.The table right in Garrett's room.
    2.Talking with Tommy
    3.-5. (I don't really remember exactly who or what gave them, sorry )
    2nd part of the city:

6.Cookie - or whatever - piece in Philip's house
    7.Letter from the house with bats
    8.Window watcher lady by the cathedral
    9.Bakery
    10.The guy in the window by the sealed gate
    11.House accessible with "Keys from Pants"

Any leads for the rest of them? (at least till the point of entering the cathedral)

Also I found a treasure hunter's key which I didn't manage to find any use. Did I miss something, or it can be used later on?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'm in the second part of town. As far as I understood by the other posts, I need to find 13 evidence to enter the cathedral(?).. Now I'm at 11.

Where could I find any more evidences. I'd say I was looking for in everywhere, but probably I missed something.
    1st part of the city:
    2.Talking with Tommy
    2nd part of the city:

9.Bakery

Any leads for the rest of them? (at least till the point of entering the cathedral)

Also I found a treasure hunter's key which I didn't manage to find any use. Did I miss something, or it can be used later on?

Thanks in advance!
    One i remember is in the second part, police station.

1. Overheard conversation in Police Station
    2. Inn Keeper
    3. One of the guards near locked gate
    4. Drawing (in house accessible via vine
    5. Getting doll
    6. Putting doll on the table
    7. Priest from Cathedral
    8. Murder weapon

Where did you found this treasure hunter key?
    Last edited by Galaer; 13th May 2019 at 11:19.

1. Overheard conversation in Police Station
    2. Inn Keeper
    3. One of the guards near locked gate
    4. Drawing (in house accessible via vine
    5. Getting doll
    6. Putting doll on the table
    7. Priest from Cathedral
    8. Murder weapon
    Thank you Galaer!
    1-3. I think those are the one, I didn't remember well (I remembered there were something but wasn't sure already and didn't want to write down false info)
    Probably 4-6 are those I could find before entering the cathedral I presume?
    Then I should begin looking for a house with vine first

Where did you found this treasure hunter key?

Found it opposite of Philip's house, inside the place next to those stairs. I think first I found it locked, but the noKO guard patrolling the streets opened it (and remains idle there for several seconds, so it's part of his patrol route).

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    One i remember is in the second part, police station.
    Thanks for the answer, though unless you're saying something totally different I "successfully" missed, I wasn't clear enough. By 1st and 2nd part I mean the city part available before and after going through the inn
    Last edited by Taylor; 13th May 2019 at 12:38.

1st part of the city:
    2.Talking with Tommy
    2nd part of the city:

9.Bakery
    Back at your home is a piece of paper with some scribbling on it. Take it to the inn and look at the fireplace.
    Talked to 2 guards (One is roaming, the other is by the gates)
    The priest.
    In the poilice station, in the round staircase is an upper floor storage room. You can lift a panel.

After the priest you'll end up near another stream with barrels. Nearby is a house. Make a little noise.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Back at your home is a piece of paper with some scribbling on it. Take it to the inn and look at the fireplace.
    This one isn't evidence, but a secret.

Thanks for everyone for the help. In the meantime I finished this mission

After posting here I found the house with vines with the hints I got and also found another one (a dead bat with letter on a roof). Then I could freely proceed to the cathedral and had no difficulties in finishing.
    Then only issue/bug I faced was the door/window not turning frobbable, which the priest shows us. Reloading my save - when the priest was already walking to there to show it - solved it fortunately.

Ended up with 15 evidences. Never found the doll though.
    For the secrets... I found 6 of them, including the piece of paper, the keeper hideout, an openable window with some loot in first city part, the alchemist's house, a golden vase in crypts (why was this a secret, I could climb onto the coffin without lowering it), and one more I don't exactly remember: if the baker's money were a secret, then it is (I concentrated on finding the evidences, thus secrets weren't my first priority)

For Taylor: Doll is behind Crazy Philip house. Also when you talk about secret in house with openable window in 1st part, do you mean house accessible via vine? Or is it completely different place?

@ Galaer: For that secret, I meant the place what Cheela has written, sorry if I wasn't clear

@ Cheela:
    I think the evidence you missed is the dead bat on the rooftop.
    Not sure about the conventional way, but I write down, how I found it:
    Less direct spoiler: Look around in the closed garden (1st city part) which is accessible either from the streets or the house with vine (containing another evidence)
    >>> Try climbing up to the roofs

Direct spoiler: Open the door which leads back to the streets. Climb up onto the door. Climb onto the lower roof next to the door, from there turn back and there will be a dead bat with an arrow and a piece of evidence just in front of you on the dripstone.
    I hope this is clear enough

Unfortunately I have no idea about the treasure hunter key - tried it on everything I couldn't open, without luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast