TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Patriot: Mission 9 "Enemy"

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Can someone answer a question please:

I have read the code in the control room but now if I want to enter any combination in the security room Garret just says: "Why would I do that?" or something like that. Is that normal? Do I need to do something else before?
    Yes, it's normal. You need first to activate event with Baron arrival and get into Tower. After lockdown of the house, console will become active.

Hey there, Cheela. I play this mission again and I noticed that your secret #2 isn't a secret at all. Getting ring from spike trap doesn't trigger a secret. The missing secret is after you use secret elevator in library and ride to the bottom - secret passage in small library room.

Also about last secret - you mentioned letter written to Charlie. Where is it? I only noticed letters from him and they didn't mention any necklace.
    Last edited by Galaer; 17th Jul 2019 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Yes, it's normal. You need first to activate event with Baron arrival and get into Tower. After lockdown of the house, console will become active.
    EDIT: NEVERMIND, I made a mistake. Thanks

Last edited by Cotillion; 17th Jul 2019 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    So the Baron arrived. After some gameplay and some cutscenes the count was found dead. I now have a new objective: "Find out what happened. An unexpected incident could change....." But the conscole still isn't active and I dont know what to do? I searched everything except some part in the guest wing which I cannot enter(the doors there aren't clickable) and the part of the tower where the incident happend because it's guarded with guards and I cant get past them without them detecting me(which fails the objective). What to do now?
    Go to guarded part of tower and open window.

Go to guarded part of tower and open window.
    Thanks, but figured it out by myself and just finished the mission. However I couldnt really figure out why exactly I had to put fuel into the generator. I did it but dont know what it actually accomplished. Can you give me an answer?

Hey there, Cheela. I play this mission again and I noticed that your secret #2 isn't a secret at all. Getting ring from spike trap doesn't trigger a secret. The missing secret is after you use secret elevator in library and ride to the bottom - secret passage in small library room.

Also about last secret - you mentioned letter written to Charlie. Where is it? I only noticed letters from him and they didn't mention any necklace.
    Hi, the second secret at the spikes is not the ring, but there is a spotlight and a tiny switch next to it. It is also mentioned in the list but not so precisely. It opens a secret door nearby. It is the same corridor you mentioned so opening it is the secret itself and yes there are 2 entrances ( or 3, one from the room under stage in theatre?). I will correct the list
    For the note: i tried to find it again but sorrily i forgot where i have read it

@Cotillion
    I think the fuel is for making light in the abandoned / sealed off house. If i remember correctly, before turning the lights on, i couldn't find that secret door leading to tunnel key, even the switch didn't highlight but maybe because i just couldn't find its proper place.
    Last edited by Cheela; 18th Jul 2019 at 02:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hi, the second secret at the spikes is not the ring, but there is a spotlight and a tiny switch next to it. It is also mentioned in the list but not so precisely. It opens a secret door nearby. It is the same corridor you mentioned so opening it is the secret itself and yes there are 2 entrances ( or 3, one from the room under stage in theatre?). I will correct the list
    I knew about this switch, but I couldn't find any switch for this wall on the other side and I didn't get any secret message for this one. This explains this matter.

For the note: i tried to find it again but sorrily i forgot where i have read it
    Too bad, I really wanted to find this secret, but without this hint I don't think it is possible.

@Cotillion
    I think the fuel is for making light in the abandoned / sealed off house. If i remember correctly, before turning the lights on, i couldn't find that secret door leading to tunnel key, even the switch didn't highlight but maybe because i just couldn't find its proper place.
    Well, the switch can be used before that, but it doesn't open secret passage until you turn the lights on.

Too bad, I really wanted to find this secret, but without this hint I don't think it is possible.
    It is possible or i hope so. Maybe that letter is not a trigger thing for this secret.
    Direct hints below!!
    There is that missing necklace, a woman lost it while visiting the Count. I think the lift/elevator is mentioned as well - search it there, in the bottom of the tower elevator shaft, the main one, not the ladder shaft behind it. And don't forget you can't be trapped in there, there is an easy way out.
    Did you find it?
    Last edited by Cheela; 18th Jul 2019 at 03:42.

It is possible or i hope so. Maybe that letter is not a trigger thing for this secret.
    Direct hints below!!
    There is that missing necklace, a woman lost it while visiting the Count. I think the lift/elevator is mentioned as well - search it there, in the bottom of the tower elevator shaft, the main one, not the ladder shaft behind it. And don't forget you can't be trapped in there, there is an easy way out.
    Did you find it?
    Yes, I found it. And to be honest, when you started writing secret list, I think you actually mentioned this elevator shaft, but then you erase it. Or maybe I just remember it wrong. Many thanks, Cheela.

Yes, I found it. And to be honest, when you started writing secret list, I think you actually mentioned this elevator shaft, but then you erase it. Or maybe I just remember it wrong. Many thanks, Cheela.
    No, that was surely not this secret. That time i wrongly named the ladder shaft as elevator shaft, you know behind the elevator shaft, with the toolbox at the bottom. So, you remember correctly, i mentioned the elevator shaft but not for this secret. Zontik revealed this last secret much later, i didn't manage to find it on my own. But i found the letter, i just simply can't remember where. Maybe somewhere in guest apartments? I have run around 3-4 times in the building for nothing but i am sure i have read it... Annoying.
    Last edited by Cheela; 18th Jul 2019 at 04:33.

No, that was surely not this secret. That time i wrongly named the ladder shaft as elevator shaft, you know behind the elevator shaft, with the toolbox at the bottom. So, you remember correctly, i mentioned the elevator shaft but not for this secret. Zontik revealed this last secret much later, i didn't manage to find it on my own. But i found the letter, i just simply can't remember where. Maybe somewhere in guest apartments? I have run around 3-4 times in the building for nothing but i am sure i have read it... Annoying.
    OMG, I wonder if I didn't got this secret on my first run exactly because you name it that way. I never managed to find few other secrets back then and then you change the name of this secret and I forgot all about it. If I would care more about secrets back then, then I could maybe connect the facts and get all secrets. But, oh well, I got it once again thanks to you.

Thanks to Zontik... Oh that necklace secret was in fact so obvious, the letter contained very strong hints i don't know why i didn't pay more attention for it.. [/SPOIL]
    And, sorry for changing/improving the secret list so many times.

Thanks to Zontik... Oh that necklace secret was in fact so obvious, the letter contained very strong hints i don't know why i didn't pay more attention for it.. [/SPOIL]
    And, sorry for changing/improving the secret list so many times.
    Yeah, the secret is obvious. Through my whole run I checked every bottom of elevators except this one. Pretty embarrassing. I think this letter is much better hidden, because I never managed to find it.

I also noticed something else - Count's story. It's really funny that the rumor I heard in Mission 3 (that I thought is too unbelievable to be true) is actually true.
    Last edited by Galaer; 18th Jul 2019 at 14:10.

@Galaer
    Well i found that letter for lost necklace secret in the mission folder, between books/texts - but still nothing in the game... i wonder where did i find it at the first time...

"Charlie, an important guest of His Excellency managed to drop her necklace into the elevator shaft the other day. Be kind and get it for me. I'm busy on duty upstairs all day and I cannot choose a time to go down there, but the Count does not like to be kept w"

Can anyone please give a hint where this letter could be found in the game?

This letter is obviously not finished: the person was killed while writing. The letter is near his corpse, on the top of tower elevator shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    This letter is obviously not finished: the person was killed while writing. The letter is near his corpse, on the top of tower elevator shaft.
    Hi there Zontik
    Thank you very muck for this info.
    I thought that he was that newly-hired elevator mechanic mentioned in a letter near cells, and i remember there was a note lying near his body but no letter there or in the inventory. i tried blind frobbing in that area maybe i have thrown that note away, but it is vanished somehow. Maybe right after reading?
    Thanks again, i will check an earlier hard save.

Edit: No, it wasn't there. No scroll was on the floor neighter re-visiting that place using the latest hard save nor at the first visit there using an earlier hard save. I wonder if it would appear after a certain action.
    Last edited by Cheela; 22nd Jul 2019 at 14:02.

Edit: No, it wasn't there. No scroll was on the floor neighter re-visiting that place using the latest hard save nor at the first visit there using an earlier hard save. I wonder if it would appear after a certain action.
    I also didn't found this letter there. But maybe it just appear on lower difficulty. I never played this mission below Expert, so maybe that's why letter doesn't appear.

Where is the switch for the trap bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reginald View Post
    Where is the switch for the trap bed?
    Use the secret elevator in library, to attic, then rope down at the other elevator only one level. Search for a big fancy lever under the peephole on the wall.

Hello, I need a bit of help : I'm playing on hard and I am at the end of the mission : I killed the count and get back to the starting point. The fence is now broken and I can get back to the sealed house with the well containing the body of the fake count but what next ? It certainly seems obvious but I can't find the exit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    Hello, I need a bit of help : I'm playing on hard and I am at the end of the mission : I killed the count and get back to the starting point. The fence is now broken and I can get back to the sealed house with the well containing the body of the fake count but what next ? It certainly seems obvious but I can't find the exit!
    Go back to starting point and use grate on the ground to finish this mission.

Thank you, I completely missed the grate at the starting point!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345