TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patriot: Mission 10 "Patriot"

i got the elvator key, but i cannot find the elevator

ok now i found the elevator key and go on the rop of the citadelle . theres i a switsch but ,where can i find the place, from where i can send a a siganl to the allies and where can i find capellan und how can i get in the archive room?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    ok now i found the elevator key and go on the rop of the citadelle . theres i a switsch but ,where can i find the place, from where i can send a a siganl to the allies and where can i find capellan und how can i get in the archive room?
    On roof - search for the window.

Secrets:

1. After passing through the demon's head, in the spiral stone stairway, opposite the second blue glowing crystal.
    2. Gas arrow on pipe in Dome area.
    3. Invisible potion in Research Lab.
    4. In Training Room.
    5. In Pump Room (monks area).
    6. In Capellan Room (switch on wall).
    7. In Capellan Room (switch among books).

The rest is probably in the maze, but it's hard to explore. I had few attempts to draw a map, but every time I failed. This maze is just too confusing to explore.

Edit: Thanks, Cheela.
    Last edited by Galaer; 31st May 2019 at 08:21.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    after aprroximated 100 tries i surrender. i'm not able to cross this lava lake
    I think it is not actual by now, but maybe for somebody else: after the first steps, and making sure that you look into right position, some sellotape with a + target mark or somebody's helping finger just right on one of the eyes of the demon could come in handy
    before using cellotape, it is worth use it on your hand, it won't adhere so intensively on screen

@ Galaer: thank you very much!
    my first secret i found: after passing through the demon's head, in the spiral stone stairway, opposite the second blue glowing crystal

I quick loaded, and a green on screen text said mission complete accompanied by a voice saying the same. I didn't do anything in particular and I just a little into the front door. Is this a break in objectives? I know in that area I went on more but died, hence the quick load, then this happened?

Edit: I played around and I noticed it happens if you signal the radio at the citadel for the first time. Maybe it's supposed to happen right away but it doesn't, if I signal, save, then load then it plays. No idea why. But it's involving the radio I suppose it's okay and not breaking anything. Although I don't know why that would be a voice I would here as it's all robotic.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 30th May 2019 at 16:49.

I am in the citadel, got into the archive, flipped the roof switch, no new place to go. I would go into the central area, but those doors seem false and the giant bots kill me everytime. I will go see if there is anything changed in the museum since I read about the bot there. There are many ways I think this campaign has been brilliant and the people who made it should be proud. But it's hard to know what has now been turned frobbable sometimes. Like if I go back and a lock or switch is now active, then it breaks the basics of "The keys and gates theory", in that there should be a visual "gate" in front first so you know that it's contents is now available to you. IE a switch is something the player can always throw, but if you want to control your objective the gate should be a overlock, which can be removed with power or if analog, a bold cutter, but then the switch is active per expectations below. I say all this not knowing if this is the case here but it's happened in earlier missions. If missed something all kinds of things aren't active. I don't mind chrono design but you have to keep up with it to ensure the player understands the objectives deal with events over time. Okay enough griping, I love this campaign so far, don't get me wrong.

Edit: Yup, didn't know that changed the museum thing.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 30th May 2019 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    5 out of 7 secrets:

1. Gas arrow on pipe in Dome area.
    2. Invisible potion in Research Lab.
    3. In Pump Room (monks area).
    4. In Capellan Room (switch on wall).
    5. In Capellan Room (switch among books).
    One is just after the maze. The open area with the three bots. Immediately after entering, turn left and look at the pillars. One of them contains a switch that opens a tunnel that bypasses the bots. It leads to the lava face room.

Hey guys for some behind the scenes fun, stand on gate on the back of the elevator. Take off helm and the giant bot flames can't hit you, you are too high above them, but the keypad is in frob distance! Viola, you can ride on top of the elevator for highjinx. Sadly I don't think some of those places are real, and if they were you'd prob break the objectives. I haven't gone past this, for all I know you have to mission load before getting to these places.

Image spoiler below, but not a big one. Just another view from outside the big elevator.
    https://i.imgur.com/Difpg3U.jpg

Edit: I should say, try to have full health, you will be kicked off the sideways parts and you will take a bit of damage each time. Also don't bother to stop clanging with moss, it flies away above you after a short while.
    Edit2: Okay maybe some moss will stuck on a corner and then you can ride there. Also knock out a body early and bring it with you use to avoid fall damage. I used the one from the area with water towers, but there was one guy in the first "Diorama" I'll call it.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 30th May 2019 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    One is just after the maze. The open area with the three bots. Immediately after entering, turn left and look at the pillars. One of them contains a switch that opens a tunnel that bypasses the bots. It leads to the lava face room.
    As i remember it wasn't a real secret, only just a hidden passage. At least, i didn't get "found secret" signal on expert when opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Just like Cheela said, this hidden passage isn't considered as secret. This passage is absolutely necessary on Expert though, because door are unfrobbable. This is pretty much the same case like secret exit in Mission 7.

@Galaer
    I think i found another secret
    Capella, Training room
    Target practicing is always useful - now just simply in William Tell style more hint: as seen here
    That was a very... imaginative and brilliant idea!
    Last edited by Cheela; 31st May 2019 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    @Galaer
    I think i found another secret
    Capella, practice room
    Target practicing is always useful - now just simply in William Tell style more hint: as seen here
    That was a very... imaginative and brilliant idea!
    Wait a moment, do you mean attacking training dummy? I'm asking, because right now I don't have this FM installed, so I have no way to check it out. But it could be useful in some future playthrough if I decide for example to ghost this mission. And I know it's impossible to fully ghost it, because window to the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Wait a moment, do you mean attacking training dummy? I'm asking, because right now I don't have this FM installed, so I have no way to check it out. But it could be useful in some future playthrough if I decide for example to ghost this mission. And I know it's impossible to fully ghost it, because window to the archive.
    No I mean this way
    so cool...

But that damn missing secret in mission 9...

How do you get into the shaft in the potable water cistern??

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    How do you get into the shaft in the potable water cistern??
    Check Capellan Room.

I feel like I have checked everywhere in his room. I found a switch among the books but it didn't help me much.

I feel like I have checked everywhere in his room. I found a switch among the books but it didn't help me much.
    It is among books in a bookshelf. Look for a golden cog key. When you enter study, go to the left to desk, and now look to the left again..
    Playing on expert. On normal, i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    On normal, i don't know.
    I played Normal the first time and I believe it's in the same place or maybe it's on desk (I don't remember). Bronze gear kinda blend very well into furniture. The first time I got it by blindly frobbing.

I got the gear.
    I need the key to the grate in the cistern. There should be two sercrets in Capellans room. I have only found the switch in the book shelf which opens the little room above the shelf. Where is the other secret?

Found it!
    The switch in the corner next to the other switch.
    But now
    Took the elevator up high, ran up the stairs - just to get to a blid end with a switch I can't frob
    Last edited by karstenpontoppi; 3rd Jun 2019 at 01:42.

Took the elevator up high, ran up the stairs - just to get to a blid end with a switch I can't frob
    It is a blind end, indeed. There is nothing to do there. Do you remember the secret door in Capellan's bedroom (on green wall) in mission 3 "Spy"? This would be that same secret corridor with the hanging bat figure on the ceiling. Then, it was a blind end too, and in that previous mission, Garrett made a notice, that Capellan must be hiding something. This is the hint for what he was hiding.
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd Jun 2019 at 02:36.

OK, thanks.
    Now we are back to my original question:
    How do I open the grate in the cistern, after going through the portable water thingy?

OK, thanks.
    Now we are back to my original question:
    How do I open the grate in the cistern, after going through the portable water thingy?
    In the same way you opened previous grate in this mission.

Not helping...

Not helping...
    Check your inventory.
    more: do you still have that tool which was used earlier to open a similar grate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast