TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriot: Mission 9 3/4: "Reanimator"

Clearinghouse

Patriot: Mission 9 3/4: "Reanimator"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main Patriot thread.

I need to adjust fan. I found generator, but it needs some kind of source of power. I have checked the whole map, but I can't find it. Where is this item?

You have to pick up the fan and place it on another pedestal to activate it. I think it's on the second tower with a note talking about it.

I also need to adjust the fan. I found two fans, but I can't took one of them. The other is in the first tower. To get there I think I have to activate the elevator. But how? With the fuel barrel? And how to lit the giant torch?

Quote Originally Posted by xx Bla xx View Post
    I also need to adjust the fan. I found two fans, but I can't took one of them. The other is in the first tower. To get there I think I have to activate the elevator. But how? With the fuel barrel? And how to lit the giant torch?
    In order to lit torch - take fuel barrel to drain at the top of tower.

Ok, I took the barrel there. Now it's standing there, looking gorgeous in the red dress. But what to do with it now? I also put the fan on the right spot but have no idea what that was for. And there is a second highlighting fan near the storage with the fuel barrels. What to do with it?

Ok, I took the barrel there. Now it's standing there, looking gorgeous in the red dress. But what to do with it now? I also put the fan on the right spot but have no idea what that was for. And there is a second highlighting fan near the storage with the fuel barrels. What to do with it?
    First of all: did you tried to light the torch? You know: with fire arrow or flare. Second - I believe you talk about the same fan visible from 2 different positions. Second fan is in the same spot, but on the first tower. And by the way, do you even know why do you want to adjust fan?

1. No.
    2. No. I don't think so. There are two fans. Each per tower.
    3. No, definitly no. I read the scroll but didn't understood how I can take an advantage out of the situation. Without the two fans maybe some guards on the upper level of the tower get unconscious?

Through the whole fm I don't know whether just my english is too bad or I am too dumb but I don't get a lot of things. But hey... maybe I get a price at the end for asking the most questions. Maybe a cake? Who knows.

What exactly do I have to do with the barrel?
    Last edited by xx Bla xx; 11th May 2019 at 04:32.

What exactly do I have to do with the barrel?
    After trying to light the torch, you will get a cutscene. Then bring barrel to frobbable drain at the top of the tower.

Through the whole fm I don't know whether just my english is too bad or I am too dumb but I don't get a lot of things. But hey... maybe I get a price at the end for asking the most questions. Maybe a cake? Who knows.
    No, you're not wrong. Zontik makes visually stunning but difficult missions.

So the order is...

• Get to the tower where the fighting is and properly aim the catapult. (Check the spoilers in the FM folder for the correct aiming image)
    • Get to the other side, watch the video and put the fan in it's place.
    • Find the gas can and place it on the top of the torch tower to drain.
    • Go down to the vent where the gas is blowing and light it up.
    • Light the ashes.

How to throw the ashes into the torch?

I assume I'd have to do something with the vents. Though I've got no objective regarding that, also I've found nothing I could use on the little elevator-looking stuff on the generator.

Also tried climbing by the torch after shot down and re-lit it, but I couldn't manage to do anything other than an amazing fire-dance ending with either fall down from the roof and/or burn to death

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I assume I'd have to do something with the vents. Though I've got no objective regarding that, also I've found nothing I could use on the little elevator-looking stuff on the generator.
    You will need to find a fan that you can collect. Once you do, I believe you take it to another room in the tower that will accept it. Once you do that, you will need to get the fuel can from the second tower (Not the one you start at) And place it at a receptacle on top of the tower.

This will cause the gas to flow downwards, and with the fan, towards the torch. You then shoot a fire arrow at the torch to light it, and then throw the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    You will need to find a fan that you can collect. Once you do, I believe you take it to another room in the tower that will accept it. Once you do that, you will need to get the fuel can from the second tower (Not the one you start at) And place it at a receptacle on top of the tower.

This will cause the gas to flow downwards, and with the fan, towards the torch. You then shoot a fire arrow at the torch to light it, and then throw the ashes.

I don't know... I've already re-lit the torch, it worked for me without doing anything with the fan.
    Maybe I broke the mission somehow?

Anyways, according to the objectives, I'd only have to throw the ashes in the flame. But found no way to do that
    (The other 2 objectives I got - and already completed - were adjust the catapult, go to the other side and see what happens; and the objective about re-lighting the torch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Anyways, according to the objectives, I'd only have to throw the ashes in the flame. But found no way to do that
    Don't worry, you didn't broke anything.

Go to the balcony above torch and look at the wall. You will notice a fan. You need to use it to blow ashes into torch. But in order to do that, you need to strengthen this fan. You do that by collecting second fan located in the same place, but on the other tower.

Ah now I understand, thanks for the help everyone. I've done the mission successfully

mission 9 3/4 secrets :

1. area at beginning, going through crumbly red house next to tower, look around at the place behind it more: look into neighbors' home
    2. E tower, attic floor more: top of a bookshelf
    3. E tower, behind the closed grate in lower generator room, ventillation duct at stairs

I am clueless. How to get to the other side?
    Found the Wardens note, but found nothing in his home (the red house at bottom of the bridge? Can't find a key there,
    No AI wandering around anymore on this side of the bridge, since I was trying to beat answers out of them.
    I have adjusted the cathapult but have no clue what to do next.

Edit: problem solved.
    The wardens house is the one with the squeeking door.
    Worth revisiting!

I'm playing on Expert. Only a grim determination to finish what I started is keeping me going. Apparently I need to pick up a fan. There's one in use on the West (2nd) tower, which I can reach by standing on a railing. It highlights but does not come off. What do I need to do?

There are 2 fans, on each towers. This one, on W tower, you will have to use another way, that's why it highlights.

Where do i go after i got the key from the guy under the bed an adjusted the katapult?

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Where do i go after i got the key from the guy under the bed an adjusted the katapult?
    find the ventillation shaft that leads under the bridge between the 2 towers.
    But it is not so easy, finding the way there, at least on expert. On normal maybe easier.
    Do you remember that red/pink house with crumbling plaster at the beginning? Just check its back yard. There is another way into the tower.
    Last edited by Cheela; 1st Jun 2019 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    find the ventillation shaft that leads under the bridge between the 2 towers.
    But it is not so easy, finding the way there, at least on expert. On normal maybe easier.
    Do you remember that red/pink house with crumbling plaster at the beginning? Just check its back yard. There is another way into the tower.
    Thanx Cheela,never wouldn't found those windows on my way now

Surprise, surprise! I'm stuck in this mission now...

I have found a fan and placed it. I've also found a barrel of fuel.

Reading other posts,
    1. Where is this catapaultI'm supposed to adjust.
    2. Where do I take the barrel - I can see nothing frobable.
    3. How do I get up to the statue - the fire looks to be already lit?

@frobbin hood

3. The easiest: you don't have to go up there
    1. check the fighting crowd at bridge, from the 1st tower. Maybe you need to solve the light problem before approaching them
    2. other tower, the 2nd, but there is somewhere a writing that mentions where to pour the oil. You need to do that a bit later - or not writing, but a new objective? Sorry i can't check it now. But you can figure it out after completing first objective. edit: see Galaer's post
    Last edited by Cheela; 8th Jun 2019 at 15:23.

Thanks Cheela! i'd turned the lights off without knowing and didn't realise I could now go on to the bridge.
    All straightforward after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast