TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: a choice for everyone to make

a choice for everyone to make

ok here is the deal i had this idea for a great question,if thief 4 was made would you rather see it take place

A=pre thief 1 story line

B=post thief 3 story line

or

C= a mix of both A and B for example start out in post thief 3 but have flash backs of pre thief 1 to fill in story line

i been curious how a die hard thief fan besides me feels about this choice

thank you all in advance for your posts besides zylonbane

Post Thief 3, with Garrett as the chief protagonist off to new adventures (voiced by Stephen Russell), and proper continuity with previous lore. Mission and general level size should be large, as in T1/2

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    thank you all in advance for your posts besides zylonbane

That said, it would be interesting to have one between Thief 2 and 3, which explains how the City underwent such physical attrition and remodeling between the games

Post Thief 3, but absolutely nothing to do with Garrett aside from minor allusions to his past adventures. Garrett's story is done and literally anything added to him can only make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    That said, it would be interesting to have one between Thief 2 and 3, which explains how the City underwent such physical attrition and remodeling between the games
    Bobby was in the shower

Post Thief 1, before the Mechanists came to power.

i guess i never though to much about post thief 1/post thief 2 much in a thief 4 game as so many amazing people made fan missions filling in so much of those time lines,i would hate to see something official that would change what we already know from fan missions

that is why i said pre thief 1,as not much has really been done on that and post thief 3 even less was done on that in fan missions

all possibilities

pre thief 1
    post thief 1/pre thief 2
    post thief 2/pre thief 3
    post thief 3

4 options are possible

Pre Thief 1 would work as a set of fan missions featuring Garrett's simple burglaries before he broke into Lord Bafford's mansion.

A pre-Thief 1 story may not need Garrett to feature at all! There's Adolpho, Felix and the gang: Dranko, Marcus, Sutter, Cather...gary tibbs and yours truly.
    Last edited by Purgator; 10th May 2019 at 06:09.

i wonder how garrett got to city,was he born there or did a parent/etc bring him to city and leave him here,then as a kid that keeper caught him,meaning all those years training as a keeper/etc,there is a lot missing from pre thief 1

how he ended up meeting all the people he knows,from basso/farkus/etc

ZylonBane
    ok here is the deal i had this idea for a great question
    Narrator: It wasn't a great question.

mission 1 pre thief 1
    mission 2 post thief 1
    mission 3 post thief 2
    mission 4 post thief 3

that would cover everything missed

i wonder how garrett got to city,was he born there or did a parent/etc bring him to city and leave him here,then as a kid that keeper caught him,meaning all those years training as a keeper/etc,there is a lot missing from pre thief 1

how he ended up meeting all the people he knows,from basso/farkus/etc
    Do you think that the Keepers gave Garrett missions? I think it would be interesting to see a fan mission, in which Garrett is given a quest to infiltrate e.g. a Pagan village as a spy. The mission would feature Garrett trying to fight his impulse to steal. Keepers prohibited him from stealing because this could upset the balance, but Garrett cannot change his inner nature.

Cool idea! The Keepers could have tasked Garrett with obtaining various artefacts and rare tomes for their "research".

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Narrator: It wasn't a great question.
    I thought the subject was rather vague, and there already is a Thief 4.

there was not a thief 4 ,it was a reboot of thief 1,re imaged

and what we are talking about are the spans of time not in thief 1/gld/2/3 but the times before or after them

me personally i would like to see pre thief 1 and post thief 1 and of course post thief 3,not interested in post thief 2 as so must from thief 2 through thief 3 have changed no real way to make it fit right,more of a alt universe by that time to have any sense of it make any sense

post thief 1 we learn more about dewdrop and the pagan and how they shunned into the woods

pre thief 1 we learn more about garretts up bringing by keepers

post thief 3 we learn the final conclusion of the outcome of no glyphs/etc almost seems like it was a end of an era for thief in game,like the future was right around the corner and all magic/etc would be forgotten like the burricks

a lot of fan missions have tackled these topic and i loved them,one was garrett as a kid a big buggy of a mission but it was a great way to let you know you ad a mom and dad but what happens is one way to explain how garrett ended up in the streets

and so many more to list that had such great ideas for the topics above

even the mountain type missions are special to me,as i always figured in the end garrett would just find some small cabin in the woods and live a peaceful life by a river,with all the momento's he collected over the years

another great idea is origins for all the thief relics in game,key items from thief 1/G/2/3
    Last edited by downwinder; 12th May 2019 at 06:38.

ZylonBane
    post thief 1 we learn more about dewdrop and the pagan and how they shunned into the woods
    I didn't think it was even possible, but you have somehow managed to become a parody of yourself.

Zombified
    I've noticed that I have to focus on his posts really hard lately, as my brain just tries to discard them as noise.

my brain is probably smarter than I am.

daily downwinder cringe