TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck in Hellsmotel

Stuck in Hellsmotel

We can't believe it - we are only playing in hard and are 650 short of loot !?!?!?
    and we can't find the key for the prison - are we really playing so bad today?

spoiler:
    You have to go upstairs in the bar and travel above ground before you get to the sewers. Let me know if you find the prison key .

cmon guys, this part 1 is the EASY part hehehehe.......
    i will give two hints. first, i do recommend playing all three difficulties because they are different in objectives to a point....

2nd, as far as loot and the key, open your eyes. and think about where would loot be in real life. i didnt scatter loot on the ground somewhere. i gave you a hint to the key in the first hint.

taff

after stopping by the underground they have it posted up now i think there is some confusion with the briefing for part 1.....in other words there is no spoilers in the briefing! read the whole thing! the briefing is actually a short story but after reading it you know what you need to do in the fm you are playing. parts 2-5 will be the same. in other words one long storyline...

oops click here www.angelfire.com/my/thiefshots/index2.html instead to see 2 new screens of part 2.

Hellsmotel

hi all..just wanted to know if Hellsmotel is a new Fm? If so where can I find it?
    Thanks

hells motel part 1 i just released tom, you can get it here www.3dap.com/thief or here http://thief1.math.uh.edu/thief/missions/

What is the content? Are there any undeads?

no undead in part 1....so it must be rated pg13 eh? this one is a human/city streets fm

I saw the note about where to find the prison key, but have knocked out nearly every guard and none of them have the key. Any hints amievil?

We began once more in normal - and can't find that damned key in the bar
    help please!!!!

The key in the bar thing is a bit misleading.. It isn't in the first bar you come across... Here is where it is:

spoiler:
    Go all the way to the end of the mission, as far as you can go.. The path is more or less linear... You'll more or less come to a dead end with a wooden deck on your right with 3 guards on it... One of the guards is wearing the key (I believe he's the drunk one).. Also be sure to look in the trash for another hint...

Hhhmm...I'm still short on loot and I've been all over and found all of the hidden loot I could find.. I have a feeling I could be having trouble because I'm playing with TDP instead of Thief Gold (I usually don't play Thief Gold only missions, but this one sounded interesting...especially with the great story included).. So here are a few questions:

Where is the key for the broken arts basement door? (I couldn't find it anywhere and am thinking it might be invisible or inside an invisible object because of the Thief Gold thing)...

I could only pick up 1 of the 3 gold pots or whatever in the church.. The other 2 were there but I couldn't pick them up.. Is it supposed to be that way or is it a TDP/Gold problem?

I'm using Thief Gold, and I haven't able to pick up more than one of those vases in the chapel, either...as well as being unable to open the door (or find a key) in BrokenArts' basement. I wonder also if the various jeweled swords around -- one or two on the table in the weapons shop and one over a fireplace in the building near the pickable manole cover -- were supposed to be loot?

I started in normal and couldn't find the key to the jail either, but I did find it on expert.

The door in Broken Art's basement -
    spoiler:
    Look on the wall behind the stairs you came down for a button.

I haven't finished yet, so I don't know about any of the other stuff, like loot, though I'm still a long way from having the amount I need.

None of those 3 guards have a key. Including the drunk one.

Orson..you can only do certain things on each level of difficulty:
    spoiler:
    You can only get the prison key on Expert, and you can only get into the house by the stream with the bridge over it, on Hard.

Each difficulty has different objectives, so it depends on which one you play. I'm having trouble with loot. I'm about 600 short on Hard and Expert, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks dreamer, we were searching the key in normal and hard and couldn't find it anywhere - so we'll try in expert.

But we are also about 600 short on loot in hard and have been on all the roofs and in the houses where you can only get in through a window or a ladder.

Did anybody find a way into the house with the guard on the balcony (the one who doesn't come down, also if he is alerted and sees you)?

We've got the key now
    but are still 450 short on loot in expert - same problem

Hells Motel

First off,
    The briefing was very well written to say the least.
    What really gets my goat is trying to figure out the non linear objectives in this FM.

I have gone from one end to the other in every difficulty setting and without a rope arrow or a couple or boxes to stack -the pub seems impossible to penetrate. ANd all the doors to the buildings are sealed and dont except lockpicks except the art gallery one other that has the ghost in it.
    I mean its clearly in view the building with a wood frame being straight across the pubs roof top with a door there.

I went into the art gallery and got the loot and a note-but thats it.

Oh, and a ghost with a cabinet and loot.

Where are the tools of the trade to help me in this first of 5 FM's.

I must be blind or something cuz this TAFFERS running aimlessly in the streets of dispair.
    Jumping from the roof tops with steep pitches dont seem to be the answer=)

Hmm... its got me keeping to the shadows for now..
    ♠ĘλŁΔŞΣλŁ

I finished on Expert with just barely enough loot. I needed 1400 and I found 1423. I don't have a clue where the rest of the loot is, though. I was "Ghosting" it, though, so I may have missed a couple of spots. It works pretty well for ghosting, amievil. There are a couple of REALLY hard spots, though,
    spoiler:
    such as getting inside the door of the "guardhouse" just through the gate past Broken Arts. That guard outside has a wickedly short patrol and the room inside is lit up like a christmas tree. I did manage it after a few tries, but I couldn't go upstairs and get back down without alerting the guard, as I couldn't get off of the bottom of the ladder, unless I jumped, which made too much noise. I never found any moss arrows, which would have solved the problem.There is also a spot where it looks like the obvious route is through a room with a woman standing inside the door to the left. If you go through that room you can climb out onto a rooftop, but the room was too bright and she turned too quickly, so I couldn't get through without alerting her. I managed to backtrack, find a way back down to the street and go forward that way, though.

outknockers, are you 450 short of the required loot or the total available? If it's the required loot total, then e-mail me and Ii'll send you a list of what I found.

dealasteal - There is a rope arrow you can find, but it's about halfway through the mission.
    spoiler:
    Go up past Broken Arts, pick open the gate on the right (inside the next building on the left, you'll find a couple of pieces of useful ammo on the table and some broadheads upstairs), continue up the street past the big house on the right with the high balcony and go into the alleyway between it and the next building. Jump through the open window, go through the door at the end of the hall and behind the guard standing in the foyer inside the door. Climb the ladder, open the chest and you'll find a rope arrow.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th May 2002 at 15:10.

wow. you guys are making me feel good. i first started this level as one big level in july of 2001. part 1 and 2 were for a long time one level, until errors forced a split. i really didnt think that part 1 of this series was very tough. im so glad you guys are enjoying toying with it. ok now the hints:

first off, in the church, you can steal only one vase. you know this already. this makes for 200 loot short in the end screen when you finish. much like lampfire hills, where you are about 1000 short always and it is the loot in garretts house. so you will always be 200 short on this part, sorry i forgot to mention it in the readme.

second off, to ghost the two gaurds(by the weaponshop) one is inside and one is outside patrolling. this is not easy, but i did it. for now i wont tell ya how.

loot locations-seems like i thought i made it so on hard and expert both you can get into that one building through the sewers with the two people inside. but it also seems like the loot inside may only be there on hard? i cant remember what i did with that part.

and the last, there are two peices of loot which can be really easily overlooked, but are in simple locations that make sense.

also, many doors to buildings in this level arent meant to be opened becuase those buildings in question are mockups with fake doors. i used real looking doors on some of them sorry for that one.

the pub someone asked said it was almost impossible to penetrate? there are two pubs, one is the local tavern which you can go right in and the other is the one with all the guards. you cant go in that one the building itself is a mockup. thats all im giving away.

nightwalker, if you want to know the secret of successfully ghosting that gaurd in the weaponshop in detail give me an email and ill tell ya step by step

I ghosted the guard and got the stuff on the table and the hidden loot, but I just couldn't get off the ladder without jumping. Is there a way to do that? Other than than, it was difficult but I could do it.

Whew,

I was so taken by the sewer lids not being accessable and the guard by the equipment room behind the iron gate at the end of the street. That i never even considered to try and open it with the lockpics.
    I think i have been previously inhaling too much burrick smoke=)

I was looking for a switch to trip with an arrow behind the gate or thought i might have to get the guard to come thru the other side by getting his attention but quickly realized that wasn't the case.

Thanx, Nightwalker for the arrow insurance i am going to take it back to the mystery roof soon-i hope.

And thanx amievil? for this great opportunity to TAFF in this game!

Its fun in the shadows with leaps and bounds..
    ♠ĘλŁΔŞΣλŁ

I'm now up to 1473 in loot on Expert, but i'm 500 short. One bit of loot that i missed the first time round was
    spoiler:
    Across from the park is a house with its roof split in two. Up on the roof is a door, that leads to a room with a bottle of wine behind some crates.

I ended up with 1473, too...and I searched rather thoroughly...hhmm.. Oh well, I'm glad I finished (thanks for the tip about the button to open the broken arts basement door, Nightwalker!)..

I actually went back and played on Normal and Hard, too, and the differences in the objectives and the way you finish them were really cool...especially on normal... If you're playing on expert and like the mission, I'd recommend giving normal a go when you're done...

Actually, this was a really enjoyable mission overall.. Just the whole concept of playing through an old memory of an aged Garrett as he tells a story was great... I also loved exploring the rooftops and sneaking from window to window....and the changes made to the "bear pit" banter between the guards gave me a good laugh...heh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast