TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dark Project 1.14 to 1.33 patch problem

Dark Project 1.14 to 1.33 patch problem

Hi,

I've just installed TDP 1.14 version.

When I try to patch it from 1.14 to 1.33, the error message is -
    "old file not found. however, a file with same name was found.
    no update done since file contents do not match."

Have you got any suggestions?

Too bad that I don't know which copy of TDP this one is, since it's a copy from my once-bought original CD which is damaged and lost by now.

Zombified
    maybe you are trying to apply a patch meant for a different localisation? I'm almost sure the game needs to be installed, so a copy of the game folder will probably not be enough (you would have to have a copy of the installer).

if you fail completely, TFix full should still produce a proper install, even with 1.14 (not recommended though, should be a last resort thing).

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    maybe you are trying to apply a patch meant for a different localisation? I'm almost sure the game needs to be installed, so a copy of the game folder will probably not be enough (you would have to have a copy of the installer).

if you fail completely, TFix full should still produce a proper install, even with 1.14 (not recommended though, should be a last resort thing).
    The game is installed, and I even copied the patcher exe to the game folder.

What can go wrong with patching with TFix from 1.14? Will EAX work with OpenAL just like in the case of Thief Gold?

The only danger you risk by not installing the 1.33 patch prior to running TFix is possibly not having some updated resources. Since the game itself will be using NewDark, EAX and other core functions will work just as they did with Thief Gold.

Zombified
    correct. also, leaving the TFix mod loadout at default will most likely bring the chance of a missing resource close to zero.