TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Confused about The Sword - TDP vs TG

Confused about The Sword - TDP vs TG

Hi!

I do think that I'm playing TDP, it was TFixed from version 1.14. However, I'm playing the Sword level, and there IS little-big world, which I completely remembered as a Thief Gold feautre. What is the truth?

Zombified
    basically, people wanted me to support TDP in TFix full, so I did, however, maintaining two full sets of levels is not reasonable, so only those levels that are substantially different are kept in their real TDP version, the rest is shared with TG. so if you are playing TFixed (full) TDP, it's essentially T2 running TG running TDP. Thiefception.

those who don't find this acceptable can fallback to TFix lite.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    basically, people wanted me to support TDP in TFix full, so I did, however, maintaining two full sets of levels is not reasonable, so only those levels that are substantially different are kept in their real TDP version, the rest is shared with TG. so if you are playing TFixed (full) TDP, it's essentially T2 running TG running TDP. Thiefception.

those who don't find this acceptable can fallback to TFix lite.
    I see. So, I guess that Bonehoard and Lost City are the old versions, yes?

ZylonBane
    Wouldn't it be a simple matter to hide the switch to access Little Big World in the Dark Project install?

don't forget the levels that changes the talismans are always thief gold now even though i hated that formula

only thing good from thief gold is "thieves guild level" "last part of song of caverns" little big world" and any new textures added" the rest sucked

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    "thieves guild level" "last part of song of caverns" little big world" and any new textures added"
    You don't actually understand how quote marks work, do you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    You don't actually understand how quote marks work, do you.
    you don't actually have a "life"?

Zombified
    yeaah I don't think you are the right person to be making that particular remark.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Wouldn't it be a simple matter to hide the switch to access Little Big World in the Dark Project install?
    it would, but I kind of don't see the point - it's a nice bit of a level TDPers are getting for free, and if they don't want it, they can simply NOT go there.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I see. So, I guess that Bonehoard and Lost City are the old versions, yes?
    Lost City and Undercover right now. hoping to get rid of Undercover with a few clever tricks in the future.

Yeah what's the point of giving TDPers TDP, can't they simply just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End on the new levels, ignore Little Big World, pretend they got both talismans in the Lost City and avert their eyes and ears at any hand mages, etc? It's essentially the same preserved experience?? I really don't get it??!

Basically, there's zero point at all in using TFix Full. It's a wasted effort vanity project of one person's idea of how to "improve" (feature creep) the base game. If you're an actual fan of Thief and want to keep playing it the way it was, install TFix Lite each and every time, without thought. The game in its original patched version was already in an acceptable state (oh no, some incredibly inconsequential things are broken, how did I ever enjoy this game), on par with any other developed AAA game of the time. I'm inclined to say the same about T2Fix, but I don't have much experience with it yet.
    Last edited by MasterFlaw; 15th May 2019 at 03:07.

i never even knew there was a tfix lite,and i am a fan of diet coke also

but to be honest i dont even play om missions anymore

once you play fan missions its hard to go back

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterFlaw View Post
    purist rant with a few master flaws
    as mentioned a million times before, the currently available options are more than sufficient to serve almost everyone, no matter what their poison is. so pick whatever you like, and try to not be annoying/unhelpful. also maybe accept the reality of some people actually liking the subtle improvements and additions.

anyway, to get back on topic - if TFix full is too much, I'm guessing that applying TFix lite on TDP 1.14 should also yield a completable game (but can't guarantee it, no idea how big the difference between TDP 1.14 and 1.33 is). I'd also consider getting a proper TDP installer from the internet so you would be able to patch to 1.33 before applying TFix lite - this is legal in many countries as long as you own the game in some form.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th May 2019 at 05:52.

So these two are "untouched" ones. Is Thief Wiki correct about the TDP vs TG changes with regards to each mission btw?

tg version dont offer the key to no door on sword ,only a old school person would remember that dull silver key in the garden area by one of those tree stumps from tdp version,no patches

yes i know that key did not go to anything but makes me wonder about it,if i had to guess there are a couple areas that seems unused on that map,the area where you shoot rope arrow through water to get to the woodsie lord secret room ,i got a feeling there was going to be something in there

i got a question if you have thief dark project from original disk no patch if you ghosted sword level would little big world be there or was that added in thief gold?