TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what fan mission author would you like to see come back and start making missions

I remember, ZinkChristine has created nice and rich detailed missions, i loved her creations - but i know she has no more time for that.

I'm not feeling the love here people.

did i mention slyfoxx should come back to make missions

christine is the willy wonka of thief,i hope one day she releases her factory tour mission so we can see how all her amazing deserts are made

yes i loved curse of the carnival mission,people mover ride was epic
    Last edited by downwinder; 23rd May 2019 at 04:00.

Nice topic!
    My pick is Purah, then Eshaktaar and Gaetane as honorable mentions.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

For a single author: Purah. I'm not sure one person did more to push the envelope than Mr. Huso.

But to see team CoSaS back would be my pick. Digi at the helm. I had a tiny part to play in Mission X and it was a pleasure to be part of such a tremendous effort. MX was probably not the best Thief FM but to me it was the most ambitious. A mind boggling Rube Goldburg twisting convoluted mess that somehow f---ing worked a treat. That it didn't collapse under its own weight is a monument to genius of the core team. All done under Old Dark remember.

i was going to mention a collaboration for a new dark mission made by a bunch of authors together like it was done on old dark,now with better mantling,would be impressive to see,but that is up to the authors do get that set up

imaging a bunch of old authors of fan missions came back to make a mission for the thief 2 contest anniversary,hummm,if anyone would come back i would think it would be thief 1/2 anniversary contest,but i get excited easy

re imagined curse of the carnival in new dark would be epic a complete circus with freakshows,midway,food area,rides,clowns,rideable burricks,all the themed areas from thief 1/g/2/3

can be the disneyland of thief

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    I remember, ZinkChristine has created nice and rich detailed missions, i loved her creations - but i know she has no more time for that.
    I also wanted to mention her, but then I saw, that she has released a mission in 2017, but I don't know if she is still active or not, but I really hope so.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    The great Bs: Baddcog (aka schwaa), Balboa, Belboz
    They made missions with great replay value.

Eshaaktar, doaal

(Any other double A names I forgot?)

I agree with many of the authors already mentioned, but one that really made an impression on me is Ramirez old fat burrick. It would be nice to see something new from sluggs as well.

Hmmm... let me see, Sterlino of course; Silent Sleep would be great as well. And just to throw a new name out, what about Nicked - loved S. Peak and A Pirate’s Downfall (played this FM 3-5 times)

Southquarter.com/fms
    nicked is still around, he just released a mission for the TDP 20th anniversary contest.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'll add a couple more: Kungfu Gecko and DarkMax.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'll add a couple more: Kungfu Gecko and DarkMax.
    DarkMax published a new mission last year.

Yes, but I quit Dromed afterwards.

Oh? Sorry, I didn’t see his name on Southquarter with a mission since 2017.

Classical Master 2008
    I would like to see sperry back. And I tried to convince Purah to submit something for the 20th Anniversary Contest, but he politely declined.

RichE did A Smuggler's Request and The Art of Thievery. It would be neat to see what he could do today.

...and another names:
    sensut. Those transsylvanian missions...
    DarthsLair. Cathedral of St Vincent, Tower of St Moria...
    Random_Taffer - Godbreaker...
    I hope they will release another great missions.

From now on, i will try to remember the author's name as well, not just mission title. It is my fault that i can almost never connect missions to their authors, I remembered only Christine and sensut by name. And Cardia, but he is still active as i know. But there were many many great missions I know this, and their authors deserve remembering their names. Sorry.

I checked the list of fan missions, i loved the missions from ottoj55, John Denison, Telliamed as well.
    Last edited by Cheela; 24th May 2019 at 05:29.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I miss Gaetane, Sliptip and Digital Nightfall the most, but there are so many authors I'd love to see come back to the fm scene. Ottoj55, Vigil & Morgan, Saturnine, Purah, Sperry, Ramirez Old Fat Burrick...

I am with those that say Purah. Purah, please step out of the ether and come back to us!

For me it's gonna be Ramirez' Old Fat Burrick, Morrgan and Wille. Sperry is still working on his missions as far as I'm aware.

Another author I haven't seen yet is Mark Smith/AsyluM. His two FMs, Hidden Agenda and Heist Society, feel very faithful to Thief 2 OMs, while expanding and improving on almost every aspect. Stronger narrative, more detailed environments, and a real sense of gameplay pacing.

Heist Society was the first FM I ever played; I was used to the idea that fan-made content would be noticeably lower quality. It got me hooked, and I quickly learnt that much of the community was capable of making fantastic missions. Everybody mentioned so far has made great FMs.

And don't forget our long time FM veteran Ricebug who created several nice FMs ... I hope he's fine in his early retirement.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I would love to see Intruder come back, they're one of my favorite FM authors next to Random_Taffer, Tanner, Pukey Brunster and Yandros.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast