TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what fan mission author would you like to see come back and start making missions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Yes, but I quit Dromed afterwards.
    Erm... does that mean we will never know how the Darkstone Gem campaign ends?

Names that come to mind for me are mostly already mentioned here: Morrgan (that Greyfeather Gems series could still use a worthy end), Purah, Christine, Ricebug.

Concerning sterlino and sensut, I'm not certain whether they are still active. If not, we might threaten them: Either they build more missions, or we sent them some Hammers doing their favourite "righteous pounding".

There's another one, however: Sir Balu. He only made one mission, "Chronicle of the Metal Age, Chapter I: Clefts on the Hammer", in which he created a small Hammerite village that I somehow like very much. I'd really like to see more of the campaign that apparently was planned, but we only ever saw this first mission.

And if we had a Resurrection spell at hand, I would of course use it on Lady Rowena (but maybe with a curse that would make her undead until she completed her last series, from which only the first mission was salvaged).

Oh, and I'm not completely certain about YcatX. At first, I really hated his "Ruins of Originia" campaign for its high difficulty level, but several years later, I was able to see the good parts as well. And that series also has not been finished yet.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 27th May 2019 at 09:44. Reason: Forgot about YcatX...

I'd like to see Eternauta (E.R.) return. Made some great FMs - The Last Lighthouse Keeper, When Still and Kingsbridge.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I have all of the unfinished RoA material that YCatX could find about a year ago, and hope someday to do something with it. I just don't know when I will have time.

I always enjoyed Haplo's Fms

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I always enjoyed Haplo's Fms
    I am not sure if Haplo is retired; he released an excellent FM for the TDP 20th Anniversary Contest.

Dang, I just noticed: Christine has the most missions, and is basically tied for releases with Yandros (who is edging ahead).
    Last edited by Iceblade; 30th May 2019 at 21:28.

I'm not here often enough to know if he's active, but Sperry captivated me in ways I didn't know I could in Thief via Shadow of Doubt. I definitely was late to it, but the atmospheres captured throughout that campaign (specifically Broadsword of Sheol) will forever be engraved in me, lol. I could say the same of Saturnine. Thinking of playing The Seventh Crystal takes me back to simpler times. It's interesting how playing certain FM's can adhere to specific times in your life. Those good feeling times will never come back, but no matter how old I get and even slightly indifferent I get with Thief, those FMs (even many unfinished ones of my own) will always remind me that I will never truly get over or too old for Thief.

Eshaktaar (I loved Broken Triad) and PsymH (would like to see the Three Forces story finished ).

And of course Lady Rowena

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    Dang, I just noticed: Christine has the most missions, and is basically tied for releases with Yandros (who is edging ahead).
    Last time I checked (a few years ago), Cardia was ahead of me. Although if you're counting individual missions in a campaign, I probably jumped ahead of him with DCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty-Man View Post
    I'm not here often enough to know if he's active, but Sperry captivated me in ways I didn't know I could in Thief via Shadow of Doubt.
    Not too long ago, Sperry was active in The Editor's Guild, and mentioned that he was remaking SoD, in T2 if I recall correctly. No idea if that is still ongoing or not, though.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauty-Man View Post
    will forever be engraved in me
    Ouch.

I would pick Saturnine doing Part II of "The Seventh Crystal"--my choice for best story telling in an FM. Everything in Part I worked together to tell a story. Then I would pick Morrgan doing the concluding mission (or missions) of The Greyfeather Gems.

ohh there are so many good authors of fms . i reminiscence in teh fms of christine , in teh last days i played two fms of t nagy levente

but it is really hard to say.

i saw that Christine made a system shock mission of one of her thief fan missions,there is a video of it on you tube,and for some reason i seem to remember she is making a fan mission for thief but i cant recall how i know this??

the mission conversion she made was that one mission where you have to find all 3 snakes in the lava place and combine them into a single item,she is a true legend too with all the sweets she made

i also heard bbb is making more thief fan missions so glad to hear he did not retire yet as he is one of the best

The thiefmission was part 3 of the Lady Lotti Saga, Bloody Ruins: http://www.southquarter.com/christine/pageM023.html

All of those mentioned. I love Christine's missions for getting all the loot and food. Definately Sensut, Cardia, Nightshifter with Redleaf, Komag, Bobber .... and I must forget a lot of names.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Aside from all the wonderful authors mentioned above, I'd love to see more from Japanese author JIS. Gotta love those difficult, enigmatic FMs like Elevator Mission.

Christine, Sensut, Saturnine. Lady Rowena may she RIP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123